Tuesday, January 12, 2016

We are supposed to have huge storms all week, El Niño…

Monday was an okay day, two of my morning caregivers we're on vacation and the other one have to go back to work so I stayed in bed, I would be more bummed if it wasn't raining off and on. I watched a lot of TiVo and a couple of movies Fred and Joann were visiting my aunt and uncle across the street so they came by to hang out for a bit. They came to the area to help a friend through knee replacement surgery, Joann had two knees and a hip replaced… she is like the bionic woman. Rosa came in and we did some personal care and I got my much desired Long hot bath.

Tuesday was a great day. Lisa came in and got me up and Robby and I cruised down to the wharf to have a lunch with Fred and Joann, they are so fun to hang around with. I had what I always have… calamari Parmesan over polenta and it was just as amazing as ever. I cruised back home, it started raining on the way back, and rested for a bit and the next thing I noticed all of my Christmas decorations we're put away. Lisa, Karen and Visente got them put away quick and now my house looks really vacant but I love the way that they rearranged the living room in order to make the tree fit… I think I'm going to keep it that way. Rosa came in and put me to bed and I was watching TV… that's all I remember.

Wednesday was a pretty exciting day. Karen came in and we decided to try out the ParaFlush personal care system and although I think we need to make a couple of tweaks I think it's going to workout great… it cuts your personal care Down to less than an hour which is amazing to me because it usually takes anywhere from 2 to 4 hours. I've been putting off trying it because if it doesn't work I'm going to be very disappointed and I won't have anymore hope I'm doing it in a shorter amount of time. I wish I would've found this 20 years ago. Lisa came in to do some beauty personal care, I have all of this spa equipment then I got to use on myself because every spa that I called got really nervous I'm pretty much told me they couldn't help me out if I couldn't get out of my chair, a couple of them I even asked if I could just come down for a consultation and they told me it wouldn't work out. I realize people are nervous to try things anyway but it's really frustrating because they won't even try. Other times I go to a place and they bend over backwards to accommodate me and my chair. I was telling Lisa about my frustrations last Tuesday and she agreed to come in for a couple hours every week and help me out. We were supposed to have thunderstorms but from 9 AM until 8 PM so I stayed in bed and of course there was no thunderstorms... Not only that the phone came out a couple of times. The rest of the evening I listen to music and watched a couple of movies. Rosa came in and put me to bed and I don't remember a lot after that because I fell asleep.

Thursday was a pretty good day. Karen came in and again we tried the ParaFlush system, we don't have a totally dial yet and it only took an hour and a half… I'm so excited about this thing. That is a record so far and I think we can get it down to half an hour, I would be satisfied with an hour. It's so nice to think that there's a possibility that I might have all of this extra time in the evenings for my evening caregivers to use some of the beauty treatments that I have. I have my appointment with my psychologists, I haven't seen her for three weeks so I have a lot to say… I always have a lot to say. After my appointment I started to cruise over to the wharf but the sky was getting really black so we just cruised downtown for a while and then came home, it was getting really cold anyway. Rosa came in and put me to bed and fed Robby and I, again it was so nice to not have to do any personal care and more time to watch movies and listen to music.

Friday turned out to be a pretty good day. Susan came in and I got a really nice two hour massage, I had not seeing Susan for three weeks so it felt great and went by way too fast. Karen came in and got me but as soon as I got in my chair I got a text from Theresa saying that her daughter was sick and she wasn't going to come in, I thought it was going to have to go back to bed but Karen said she would hang around until the housekeepers were finished and then put me back to bed… go Karen!! I was cruising around the boardwalk one day and I saw these sweatpants with footies and they looked really warm so I took a picture and came home and look them up online and it looks pretty cool so I ordered some and I wore them today… They are so cool and when I got home my legs were still warm, usually my legs are cold by the end of the day. I'm definitely going to get some more and maybe wear them to the sport group next Wednesday so I can tell everybody about them. We cruised around the boardwalk and the wharf a couple of times and then Karen met me at Robby's vet so we can get his weight for CCI, he's down to 65 pounds… CCI says they want him to be and 68 pounds so he's doing great. We are giving him a half a cup of dry food and half a cup of fruit in the morning and butternut squash at night so I will up his fruit/vegetables to three quarters of a cup. We cruised back and Karen put me to bed and fed Robby and I and I just watched TV for the rest of the afternoon and evening. I got this little stick creature on Etsy and buy a little display case because it's so fragile and I don't want somebody to accidentally break it and it looks awesome, Karen found a little LED light and I just can't stop looking at it.

Saturday was a pretty boring day. Theresa let me know again that she wasn't coming in because her daughter was still sick and she wanted to stay with her. I understand and I agree that family comes first but I have to think about myself just as she has to think about her family, most caregivers don't get that. When you don't come in I have to scramble to find somebody to come in, which is not easy sometimes, and I just don't get up and have to stay in bed… On days when it's nice out that's very frustrating. Cindy came in and fed Robby and I and I just watched TV the rest of the day. Omar came in, I was going to go to storage with him but since I didn't get up we decided to go on Tuesday. Stanley drove Uber all the way from Modesto for the weekend, he is really liking it and looks and feels great… There is such a huge difference in him and it's awesome. Karen came in and we did some personal care, every time we do personal care with the new method it takes less and less time… Very exciting! I took a shower and went back to bed.

Sunday was another pretty boring day in bed because again Theresa said she was not coming in, I know she has a husband and two older boys so I'm getting a little annoyed. She wants to work more days but calls in sick way too much. Cindy came in and Stanley made a killer breakfast of buckeyes and bacon, one of my favorite breakfasts. Cindy took Robby for a nice long walk and the rest of the day I just watched TV and got really restless. Karen wasn't feeling well so I didn't ask her to come in. My mom, Stanley and I order Chinese food and ate way too much but it was really good.

1 comment:

betty said...

Glad to hear about the ParaFlush and it reducing your personal care time; always neat when an invention actually works the way it should work! Also glad to hear that Robbie is close to the weight that CCI wants for him; you guys are doing great with keeping him on a good feeding schedule! I did hear California got a lot of rain; we got a lot of the snow from that system when it moved into Arizona!