Monday, January 18, 2016

Still waiting for the big storm…

 Monday was a great day. Karen came in and we did some personal care, it only took an hour and 45 minutes… An all-time record. Since we have been doing my personal care with this new method I have also had a lot less gas and bloating and I just feel a lot better. Stanley made French toast with coconut syrup, bacon and scrambled eggs. Karen got me dressed and in my chair and Stanley and I cruised over to the wharf and Boardwalk, he wanted to find a birthday present for the kid that is living with him and I wanted to find and other care of FeeJays to wear to the support group on Wednesday but most of the places didn't have them or were closed. My char didn't get charged so we had to turn around and come back home. We went into Made in Santa Cruz to say hello to my friend Jake and I didn't find the really cool hat. We came back home and I rested for a bit while my aunt and my brother took my mom to her doctor's appointment.  I emailed Andrei to ask him if he had any ideas about how I can cut up my old Rojo cushion and make it fit my commode chair, the cushion on the commode chair is like a rock. He said that somebody had just donated in Rojo cushion for a commode chair and he would bring it by after work, this guy is amazing and what perfect timing. Stanley Ubered is way back home. Rosa came in and put me to bed and I was out. I didn't sleep very good all weekend.

Tuesday was a really good day. Lisa came in and got me up and then her, Omar and I went to storage to see if we could get rid of some stuff and we found a lot of stuff to bring home and go through, now I only have one storage unit and I'm so excited. We had to put some stuff in the van so I cruised home with Robby after I met Lisa at Safeway to get some butternut squash and green beans for Robby. I cruised home and rested for a bit before Rosa came in to put me to bed, again I was out before she left.

Wednesday was another great day. Karen came in and we did some personal care, we can do personal care and a shower under two hours… That is AMAZING!! Karen got me dressed and Robby and I cruised down to Dominican rehab for the support, the second Wednesday of every month. I was early so I decided to tilt back and enjoy the sunshine, it felt great! Seven people showed up and we got to talking and the hour went by way too fast, it feels great to know that this time the support group is going to keep going. I cruised home and Omar and Lisa were going through some stuff, they put the stuff they knew I wanted to keep away in the garage and the stuff they weren't sure about a foot in the pergola and Lisa and I went through it and we were getting ready to take it to Goodwill when Rosa came in so we will wait until Saturday. Rosa put me to bed and I watched American horror story; hotel, I love that show!

Thursday was another beautiful day. Karen came in and got me up and I was on my way to my appointment with my psychologist Carol, most of the time I think I'm not going to think of anything to say and then I just talked the whole time but at least the time goes by fast. After I left I went to one of the shops downtown and bought another pair of FeeeJays, they are so comfortable and keep me so warm. We cruised around downtown for a while and then cruised over to the wharf and to the boardwalk, the weather was so beautiful I just Tilting back in my chair and enjoying the beautiful view and the sunshine… I didn't want to go home. I came home and Rosa came in early so she could go and watch her son played basketball, she is so proud! The rest of the evening I just watched TV and rested.

Friday was another amazing day. Susan came in and gave me a nice long massage, I usually end up falling asleep before she leaves. Karen came in and we did some personal care, a shower and dressed and up in my chair. Just as I got in my chair I got a text from Theresa saying that she didn't feel good and she wasn't like to come in all weekend so Karen said I could cruise around for a while and she would come back and put me to bed, I'm so glad that she is right next door. The weather was just gorgeous and I wasn't that many people around.  We ran into our neighbor Mark at the wharf, I seem to run into him everywhere. We just cruised back and forth from the boardwalk to the wharf until was time to come home. I did get a couple pictures of a pelican, I love pelicans and is so exciting when I can get that close. I cruised back home and can put me to bed and I watch TV the rest of the evening.

 Saturday was a pretty lost day. Cindy came in and got Robby and I something to eat and we tried the flesh and go hair remover on my face, it's nice to finally use all of these beauty products that I have accumulated over the years. Omar came in and started building some rolling storage shelves in the garage for more storage, I love more storage. I slept most of the day so I hope I'm able to sleep tonight. I do have an evening caregiver, Theresa called in sick this weekend because she has the flu… Last weekend her daughter had the flu. My mom fed Robby and I some dinner.

 Sunday was a pretty good day. I got up so that was amazingly right there. Cindy came in and got me up and even though it was sprinkling I took lobby for a cruise down to the wharf, to the end of the boardwalk and back and into the end of the wharf and back again and then home. I rested for a bit and then Seth came over to say hello, they were all over at my aunts house for my cousin Rich's birthday. He visited for a bit and then came back after a while with their new puppy and his little sister's, the puppy is so adorable and the girls have grown so much. We watched Robby and the puppy, Tiger Lily, play for a while… So cute! After a while Sue came over with her two boys, they are so handsome and very sweet and polite. Rosa came in to put me to bed because Theresa called in sick all weekend. My little brother might come for a visit next week, I hope you can make it.

1 comment:

betty said...

It did seem like you had a nice week, Tammie. Glad you figured out a way to reduce the amount of personal care time; now you have more time to roam around or get other things done :) I hope your brother is able to come for a visit :)