Monday, January 4, 2016

I think it's going to be a great year…

 Monday was a relaxing day. I wanted to get up but everything took a little longer than expected so I decided to just stay in bed, the sun was out but it was a little cold. I just watch TV all day, I found a couple of movies on pay-per-view and recorded them to watch later. Rosa came in and I did get to take a nice long hot bath.

Tuesday was a pretty good day. Lisa came in and got me up and took me to my monthly appointment with Dr. Hurray, my foot doctor. He is so cool, okay do not be cool with the name Dr. Hurray? After the appointment she took me over to whole foods market to get some food to last me through the weekend. I didn't realize the private chef was going to not bring food for two weeks, I thought it was only going to be one week during Christmas and my family was going to be here. Thinking back that's exactly what the email said and there was an option to get food but I guess I read it too fast. before I moved to Santa Cruz I used to go to whole foods market and by their entrées and have my caregivers put together dinners for me and it worked out great, they have a lot of really good food. I haven't been shopping in so long, I'm really trying to hold it down on my spending, I just went crazy and everything looks so good… I will definitely have enough food. We came back and I took Robby for a cruise up and down the wharf at the boardwalk a couple of times. I came home and rested for a bit and then Rosa came and put me to bed, we did some personal care and of course a nice long hot bath.

Wednesday was a really great day. Karen came in and got me up and I took Robby for a cruise up and down the wharf, up and down the boardwalk and then down Westcliff Drive to the lighthouse museum where Lisa came and picked me up to go shopping at Home Depot to get some bubble wrap and some plastic storage boxes, shopping two days in a row… I am in heaven! All of their Christmas stuff was reduced in price but I only got a few things, I'm so proud of myself because I love Christmas stuff. Came back and I rested for a bit before Rosa came in to put me to bed, I was kind of wound up because it was such a beautiful day and I got to go shopping again sign took a couple of PM'S hoping it would calm me down. When I'm all wound up I just lay in bed and shift my shoulders back and forth and I can't relax my arms, hopefully this helps.

Thursday was an okay day. Karen came in and we did some personal care so that everybody could have New Year's Eve off, I had planned on getting up but everything just took too long so I decided to stay in bed. Rosa came in at 2 PM and fed Robby and I and the rest of the evening I was going to watch movies but I ended up going through my photos and deleting some, there's a couple of places in Santa Cruz that looks so beautiful every time I go by so I take a picture but when I get home they look just like the rest so I picked the best ones and deleted the rest.

Friday was another okay day. Karen is off, her boyfriend took her to Las Vegas for her birthday, so my mom came down and fed Robby and I and hopefully I will be able to watch a couple of movies today. I did get to watch Ted 2 and it was hilarious, my mom and my brother came in a couple of times and I had to shut it off because of the language and such… I almost feel guilty for loving it and sending it to play again later. Theresa came in and fed Robby and I and took the fingernail polish off of my fingers. My brother Stanley came down from Modesto for the weekend.

Saturday was a really good day. Cindy came in to get me up and Robby and I were out of here, both of us get restless when I have to stay in bed.  My brother made a killer breakfast, he is so creative. Kay came in to touch up my hair and give me a haircut. Theresa came in and put me to bed and we did some personal care and I got to take a nice long hot bath and get all of that hair off of me.

 Sunday was another great day. Cindy came in and got me up and my brother made another killer breakfast. Robby and I took off for a really long cruise through the lagoon, down Westcliff Drive, to the end of the wharf, to the end of the boardwalk and back and then home. It's been really cold so I just love these HotHands, mostly unaware the beanie and neck warmer… Such a great invention and I wish I would have found it sooner, I have learned that as long as my ears, head and neck are warm I do really good… Bulky sweaters and sweatshirts just inhibit my driving the chair. The waves were gorgeous and I'm so glad that I got a chance to get out and cruise around. Theresa came in and put me to bed and Robby and I fell sleep pretty much right away.

1 comment:

betty said...

I had to laugh about your comment about taking a lot of pictures of pretty places; I can't tell you how many pictures I would take of the sunset in the San Diego area and now I'm fascinated with the quail that come to visit us in our back yard (which is not really a back yard, more of a rocky area unfenced). Great hobby to take the pictures and then delete them later down the road :)

I hope it is a great year for you Tammie!!!