Monday, November 9, 2015

Just Robby and I cruising around Santa Cruz with Google Glass…

Monday was an okay day, I decided to just stay in bed. Karen came in and we did some personal care, trying to get back on my Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday schedule… It usually gets screwed up around the holidays. My stomach has been gurgling and growling a lot lately and I don't know if it's because I changed all of my supplements to liquid or powder form, it's supposed to be easier to absorb. The rest of the day I just watched TV and napped on and off.Rosa called and said that she was with her uncle in the hospital again and she would be a little late, I feel so bad for her because she must be exhausted when she just keeps on going.

Tuesday was a pretty good day. Lisa came in and got me up and I cruised over to cost plus and Ross to see what they have.  While Lisa was cleaning my Google Glass it broke so Omar glued it again so I get to spend the day without it, even when I don't have it on a cruise around winking because I forget… Winking is how I take most of my pictures with Google Glass. Ross had a bunch of those really thin but heavy duty shirts that are supposed to keep you warm so I bought some, they are regularly $40-$60 and I got them for $12-$14. They also had some leggings that were the same material. I found a salt-and-pepper shaker to put my cinnamon in because I'm trying to eat/drink more cinnamon and somebody keeps putting the bag in the cupboard… Hopefully this will work. I found a couple of bras also, I didn't really need them but I just couldn't help myself. Lisa came over and met me at Ross and we were going to go to Costco after but I decided not to. I rested for a bit and then cruised over to the wharf, to the boardwalk and then back home. It was a little sad to come home and find that all of my decorations outside and been taken down, Omar and Lisa did a really quick nice job. Rosa came in and put me to bed and I watched Dr. Phil until I fell asleep.

Wednesday was a pretty relaxing day. I have an appointment at Stanford tomorrow so I wanted to get all of the personal care and bath out of the way today so I decided to stay in bed. Karen came in and we did some personal care and that I just rested the rest of the evening until Rosa came in to give me a nice long hot bath, I was kind of cold all day so it felt great.

Thursday was a nerve-racking day. I've been nervous for the last couple of weeks because I got an appointment at Stanford to find out if all of these moles, skin tags and barnacles on my body are cancerous. Karen came in and got me up and Lisa drove my aunt and I to Stanford, we decided to leave Robby here because my aunt said the examining rooms are pretty small. Everybody there was so nice and I had to doctors examining me and the main doctor said… No more monkeys jumping on the bed… Just kidding! The doctor said that I have the best looking skin of anybody he's seen all day, he said whatever I am doing just keep it up and there is no sign of skin cancer, such a huge relief. We came back home and Rosa put me to bed and I just relaxed and watched TV for the rest of the evening. My brother came by to stay for the weekend and try Uber again in Santa Cruz and him and his wife have our wedding to go to in Watsonville.

Friday was an excellent day. Susan came in to give me a nice long massage, everything was sore and worn out. Karen came in and wished Robby a happy birthday, I forgot it was his birthday… My eight-year-old baby boy is growing up fast. I feel bad because I didn't get him a birthday cake or a hat, usually I do. Karen got me up and  my brother made a killer breakfast, roasted egg plant with an egg in the middle and egg plant patty's. I took Robby for a nice long birthday cruise through the lagoon, down Westcliff Drive and back to the end of the wharf and back, through the Boardwalk and down seven Lorenzo River to Ross, when I was there on Tuesday I bought some shirts and wanted to take them back and get a bigger size but they didn't have the ones I liked so the lady said to come back on Monday… That's when they get their new shipment. We went 10 miles and my battery indicator was getting low so we came home and rested for a bit. Theresa came in and put me to bed and my mom and Stanley came down and had dinner with me and instead went back out to Uber. While I was cruising around this afternoon I got a call on my cell phone from Melissa but it didn't stop to answer it because I was on the reservoir and it was a bunch of homeless people with dogs so I just kept going and forgot all about it until I got a call on my cell phone after I got into bed from David so I called them back. They call to sing happy birthday to Robby, how sweet is that?? Robby loves them so much and so do I. They said they would be down for Christmas and I can't wait… I know it will go by fast. As they were talking to me on the phone they were getting gas and apparently some lady was crossing a busy street and got hit, the driver took off. By the time I got off the phone with them fire to an ambulance had just gotten there, I hope the lady is okay.

Saturday was a great day. Cindy came in and got me up and my brother Stanley made a killer breakfast. I took Robby for a nice long cruise, the weather was perfect and it was such a great day. Usually I don't like to cruise around on the weekends because of the crowds but it wasn't too bad. We cruised through the lagoon, which was finally open, through the bay street park, down Westcliff Drive and back, to the end of the wharf and back, to the end of the boardwalk. All along my cruise I saw signs advertising the sea glass Festival in the coconut Grove ballroom so I went to check it out, I love sea glass and it was a lot of really cool stuff there. As I left I noticed that across the street they were having a Santa Cruz hot Rod car Festival so we went to check that out also, lots of really cool stuff.  We cruised back and it was such a beautiful day and I didn't want to come home so we went down to the end of the wharf and back again. By this time my battery on my chair was getting low so we had to come home. Theresa came in and put me to bed and we did some personal care and of course a nice long hot bath.

Sunday was another great day and another great breakfast from my brother. Cindy came in and it was supposed to rain so I decided to stay in bed, I love the rain but I would rather be in bed and listen through the windows while I'm watching TV. I decided to work on a Christmas card early this year, usually I wait until the last minute and then get frustrated and it does not doing it. There's a guy that does sand sculptures on the beaches so I have been collecting the Christmas and New Year's ones so I made the card out of those, with my mom's help I think it looks great. Theresa came in and feed Robby and I, my brother barbecued sausages, corn on the cob and asparagus… It was awesome.

1 comment:

betty said...

Those were cool cars from the Hot Rod Festival! Happy belated birthday to Robbie!! Soon I'm sure you'll start decorating for Christmas; our neighbor across the street put up his over the weekend :)