Monday, November 16, 2015

And then there was rain…

 Monday was a very exciting day. Lisa came in and I decided to stay in bed because I was supposed to rain… Boy did it rain! It started hailing and then the thunder and lightning was so loud it scared as both, it sounded like it was right in the driveway. Penny was running around outside freaking out and ended up hiding underneath the van, Robby was calm and just lay there looking around. Rosa came in and fed Robby and I and cleaned out my refrigerator, it needed it badly. She sat me back up, I was laying on my side all day. Seth came over and watched a couple of episodes of Dr. Phil with me.

 Tuesday was a pretty exhausting day. I didn't feel good all weekend and I thought I was coming down with a hole or something, I was just overheated all weekend. I have air conditioner down to 70° and two fans blasting on the whole time but I just couldn't cool down. Karen came in and we thought maybe it was just gas and then spent the next three hours doing personal care, I don't know what is making my stomach gurgle really loud and for some reason there is a lot of bloating and gas. I thought maybe it was the change in my supplements by now I just don't know. I think I'm going to try to do personal care every night for a while and see if that helps. The rest of the day I just slept on and off and watch TV. Lexi messaged me on Facebook and said that she was going to be here with her boyfriend on Saturday and would like to meet up, I haven't seen her for a long time and I miss her… I can't wait to see her. Rosa came in and we tried some more personal care and I thought I was going to get a nice long hot bath but the lift wasn't working, it kept lifting me up by itself out of the water… Kind of freaky. At least I got a bath and washed my hair. 

Wednesday was a pretty good day, at least it started out that way. Karen came in and got me up and I took Robby for a cruise through Arana Gulch to expand a little bit of energy since he has been locked up in my room for two days. He doesn't look as tired in fact he asked a lot happier since he's lost weight. We cruised over to the support group and again it was really nice, the conversation just flows so well it makes the time go by fast… Before we knew it it was 3:15 PM. We cruised back home and rested for a bit before Rosa came in to put me to bed. She fed Robby and I and then went to the hospital to visit her uncle who has cancer, they are taking him home tomorrow and hospice will be taking care of him. Rosa left about 8:30 PM and I watched TV for a while. About 10:00 PM I started getting really bad chills and a headache and thought maybe it was just gas it by the time my mom came down at 10:15 PM I believe I was in full autonomic dysreflexia and my bed was soaked. I figured maybe we needed to change my catheter again but my mom couldn't find one and I texted Karen but she didn't answer, she must be asleep already. I texted Rosa but she didn't answer either so I called Rosa, I was feeling really bad and getting desperate. When she didn't answer we just decided my mom was going to have to do it so as soon as we pulled me out Rosa texted me back and said she was on her way, I was so relieved. Her and her daughter Adriana came by and changed my catheter and cleaned me up in under an hour, it would have taken my mom probably most of the and into the morning. I'm so grateful for Rosa and her family. By the time everybody left I was exhausted and sore but so grateful I didn't end up in the hospital, that was going to be my next suggestion.

Thursday was a pretty quiet day, after all that excitement and frustration last night I just decided to stay in bed and rest.  Karen came in and made some lotions and set up my pills. I just watched TV and slept on and off. Rosa came in and we did some personal care and I got to take a nice long hot bath, it felt so good.

Friday was a really good day. Susan came in and I got a nice long massage, I really needed it. Karen came in and got me up and I took Robby for a nice long cruise through the lagoon, down Westcliff Drive and back and down to the end of the boardwalk where I ran into Jim, I used to run into him all the time… He helped out Tammy with the Segway Tours around here. I guess he has his own Segway tour company in Monterey but helps out here when Tammy needs it. We talked for quite a while, he has such an interesting and very nice man. I ran into Roger from Dominican rehab, he does just about everything there plus runs the support group. He had family visiting and I think it was going to have lunch at the end of the wharf. He has also a super nice man. We cruised home and rested for a bit before Theresa came in to put me to bed. I just watched TV for the rest of the evening.

Saturday I just decided to stay in bed, no particular reason except I wasn't really feeling very good and it was going to be cold out. Cindy came in and fed lobby and I and I just watched movies the whole day.  Omar came in and showed me the barbecue stand he made for the gas barbecue that Kelly left behind, it looks gorgeous. He does such great work and you can tell he takes time to do everything right.  Theresa came in and after eating we did some personal care and I got to take a nice long hot bath, a bath is always the perfect ending to any day. Teresa gets things done fast and it kind of makes me nervous but it's also kind of nice, I'm just not sure yet if she's been here long enough to be comfortable when she gets everything down so fast… It will be nice when I can be comfortable knowing she knows what she's doing.

Sunday was a pretty good day. I got up and took Robby for a cruise, our regular Santa Cruz cruise. I almost forgot it was the weekend because there wasn't a lot of people out and about. At 2 PM Luann and Richard came by for a visit, they live in Salinas. Luann was one of my very first caregivers 20 years ago when I lived in Los Banos, she was the perfect caregiver. She listened to what I wanted and she was fun to hang out with, we had some crazy adventures. She left in our house and became a really good friend, it was so great to be reconnected with her again. When I left I invited her to come with me that she had a job there and a boyfriend so she needed to stay there. She was on her boyfriends Facebook account and decided to look up my name and she found me and message me and we have been talking ever since, she can buy once before while David and Melissa were staying here. We visited for a while and then went down to the little Mexican restaurant down the street and brought back dinner and my mom joined us, I love that place. As usual the visit was too short and I had to go because my caregiver came in to put me to bed. Theresa came in and put me to bed and I just relaxed and watched TV the rest of the evening.

1 comment:

betty said...

Glad you had a good visit with your former caregiver, Tammie :) That had to be one heck of a storm with the lightening and thunder; no wonder why Penny was scared about it :) I think I might have been too!