Saturday, March 21, 2015

It's getting warmer and warmer…

 Monday was a really great day! Susan came in and gave me a massage and I got up late. Karen came in and got me up and then another Karen, a therapist from Dominican rehab that is helping start our new support group called Life on Wheels, went with me to a support group at Valley medical Center… I used to go there several years ago when I lived in San Jose, that was where I went to rehab after my accident. This report was in the same place in the same building so it was easy to find. The guy that facilitated the group when I went passed away a couple of years ago so I was sad to not see him like I always used to. When we came in I immediately recognize Joanna, I actually met her here at my house. We had a surprise party for my old bosses husband Steve a few years ago and she came with Jim who went diving for abalone with Steve, she is Jim's sister… Small world?? One of the nurses that I had when I was there 20 years ago recognized me and came up and said hello, that made me feel good. Another girl that I used to go to the support group with and hang around with a little Cindy showed up late and now she introduced herself said hello to me, it was great to see her… Unfortunately she left early so I didn't get to talk to her after. The group was pretty much the same, everybody was really nice and they have a good time. Another guy showed up when the meeting was over and I kept looking at him because he looked familiar, he kept looking at me but I don't know if it was because I looked familiar or because I kept looking at him. When I got home I think I remembered was and his name is Dan. It was my nurse and then several years later got a spinal cord injury and ended up in a chair, he took it really hard. It was nice to observe the support group and we learned a lot that will hopefully help us when we start ours. I came home and Rosa put me to bed and I was so tired I went right to sleep.

Tuesday was a pretty good day. A lot warmer than the weather said it was going to be so luckily I didn't put a thermal shirt underneath my shirt and I was comfortable all day. I took Robby for a cruise to world market to look at all of the Easter decorations, they help the coolest stuff there. Lisa picked us up into her ass over to Costco for our biweekly shopping trip, I love Costco! Robby and I went for a cruise through the Lagoon, to the end of the wharf and back, to the end of the boardwalk and back home.  A friend that I met online, Mark, cruises around Bay Area parks in his chair and takes videos and pictures, awesome pictures and videos I might add. From here I met another lady, DeVon, who is an RN and paints. She asked me to send her a couple of pictures of Robby so I did and she painted the most beautiful, awesome picture of Robby.  On the way back home I saw a vehicle that the artist had painted a surfing scene on the side, I just love the artists around here… So creative!  Of course I wore a lot of green and ate corned beef and book toy because I can't have cabbage right now but it was awesome. Rosa came in and put me to bed and we did some personal care and of course my nice long hot bath, and he'll right to sleep again… It feels so great to be sleepy and in bed at the same time.

Wednesday was another pretty good day. Unfortunately I listened to the weather today and put on a thermal underneath my shirt as well as a scarf and although most of the day I was pretty comfortable towards the end it was getting really hot. Leslie, the organizer, came over to tackle my files for me. She got about halfway done and we ended up getting rid of a lot of stuff and freeing up a whole drawer for my office supplies. A guy from PG&E came by to sign me up for a disabled discount program and told me about a lot of free stuff that I can get, I love free stuff! Stuff like a blanket for the water heater, insulation strip for around the doors… Stuff like that. Rosa came in and put me to bed and I spent the rest of the evening watching TV and relaxing.

Thursday was a long bummer day. My morning caregiver called in sick so I ended up staying in bed. It looks like it was beautiful outside, 72°, that is perfect weather. I caught up on the new series called Empire, it's pretty good. Rosa came in and we did some personal care and took my nice long hot bath and went right to sleep.

Friday was a great day. Susan came in and gave me a nice two-hour massage, it felt really good but the lower part of my arms still ached and they just felt really fatigued all day… My arms haven't felt this bad since I started exercising and I don't know what it could be unless it's just the fact that I woke up at 5 AM freezing in my arms were really tense. Karen came in and got me up and Robby and I were on our way for a nice long cruise, it felt great to be up and about and the weather was gorgeous. We did our regular cruise through the lagoon where I saw a Heron, I never paid that much attention to birds until I moved here and since I have seen so many beautiful birds. We cruised down Westcliff Drive just a bit and then turned around to check out the work they are doing in front of the wharf, they are putting a roundabout hoping it will make the traffic flow easier… I just think it will make it worse because everybody is so angry already from the traffic coming over the hill that they don't have patience to wait for anybody but that's just my opinion. We cruised down to the end of the wharf and back and down to the end of the boardwalk and back. I thought about going across the train bridge but I think I would rather wait until they fix my chair on Monday, they are going to move his seat back so I don't pitch forward every time I go down even the slightest hill. We cruised back home and Teresa was already here washing clothes and fixing dinner. She put me to bed, fed Robby and I dinner and then went home to spend some time with her friend who is visiting from England. It was nice to relax and watch TV.

Saturday was a good day. I chose to stay in bed and have kind of a spa day. Lisa came in and did my nails and rolled on my side for a while. Omar came back, he went to Mexico for about a month to work on his house… I can't wait to see the pictures because it sounds like it's going to be so beautiful. I have this idea, and always have these ideas and I know people think I'm crazy, to get a stackable washer and dryer and put it in the coat closet and convert the washroom into a closet… I really have way too many clothes and shoes and I just can't seem to get rid of any. He said he thought he could make it work, I'm so excited I just can't wait! I laid on my side pretty much all day because it looks like I'm starting to get a little skin breakdown on my butt, I don't want to go through that again. Teresa came in and we did some personal care and she waxed me, that's what I wanted the most, and I got to take a nice long hot bath. I was nervous so I didn't sleep very much.

Sunday was a really fun day. I've been really nervous about taking the two hour trip to Modesto for my nephews fiancés bridal shower, a two-hour trip each way with no press relief on my butt really makes me nervous… Especially when the weather is unpredictable. I kept checking the weather and said it was going to be 75° but it's a different heat in Modesto, drier and more humid. Kelly drove, my mom sat in the passenger seat, my aunt sat in back and Robby was on the floor next to me. We got there and a guy came out of the house and apologized because he had a dog that hates other dogs, he said she will go after Robby and try to kill him… Janet came out and also apologized, she forgot about the dog. Luckily David was just dropping off Corrine and Melissa so he took Robby over to his buddies for the day… I know Robby had a good time hanging out with the guys. The place was just beautiful! Janet made a bunch of salads and the guy that was there made some homemade bread so of course I had to try to try that, everything was so good. They are getting married on the 4th of July so Janet also made some homemade ice cream blueberries and strawberries. I think Corrine got some fresh donuts and step them in a pyramid… Everything was just so nice! The trip back home was also really nice although I slept most of the way. I'm so glad I didn't give into my fears and I went because I had a really good time. We got home and Teresa put me to bed and I just went through the pictures that I took with my Google Glass and watch TV.


betty said...

Glad you did go to the shower, Tammie, and that someone could watch Robbie for you so you could enjoy the time there! That was a good picture that the lady had painted of Robbie! She did a great job with it. I liked the picture you got of the heron too!!


Anonymous said...

It looked like Robbie would have had a friend at the shower.

I like the picture of you and your furry friends.