Monday, March 9, 2015

Here comes the rain again…

 Monday was a really great day. Todd from Numotion and Andrei from Dominican rehab came over to install my new writer back backrest. I thought it was going to take a while to get used to but I immediately loved it, and felt like my body was straight and I was sitting up tall. I am really going to like this new backrest, and don't even have to have any laterals. Robby and I cruised down to the end of the wharf and back into the end of the boardwalk and back all along taking pictures with Google Glass of course. I found a new feature on Google Glass and I'm really excited about it. It's called "vignette". I found it by accident but you take a picture and put another picture up in the corner, it's really cool. It was getting cold so I cruised home and turn the heater up while I waited for Rosa to come in. Rosa came in and put me to bed and I was out.

Tuesday was an awesome day. I had an appointment with Dr. Hurray, they really did the whole office building to make the waiting room bigger… It looks really good. After that we took the van over to Scott's auto body to get them to fix in the front of the driver side, somebody ran into my van. Lisa came on back here and I went over to the boardwalk to once again look across the train bridge to see if I can get up my nerve to go across. A couple of ladies were going to cross over and asked if there was anything they could do to help me and I finally talked me into crossing over the bridge with them, how sweet is that?? It was awesome! When we got to the other side I thanked them and they said they would be coming back over in half an hour if I wanted to wait for them, some people are just so sweet! It was so cool to be able to explore E. Cliff Dr., and have wanted to do it for a long and I was just so excited! I can't wait to go back when I have more time in my chair is running better and explore some more. I made it back over the bridge where myself, it was such a great feeling! Robby and I cruised back through the boardwalk and out to the end of the wharf and back. It was a bird frenzy, there was about four different kinds of birds hovering in the water feeding on something… It was really cool to watch.  On my way back home as I was cruising down the wharf I saw this guy in a really cool powerwheelchair, I wanted to stop him and ask him where he got it but for some reason I didn't and then when he passed me later I took a couple pictures hoping I can show it to Jack when he comes tomorrow and find out where I can get one. We came back home and rested for a bit and Rosa came in to put me to bed, we did some personal care and of course my favorite nice long hot bath. Again I think I was asleep before Rosa even left. I know from now on it will be easier to go back and forth across the bridge.

 Wednesday is a pretty good day. Melissa from Permobil and Jack from Numotion came over to troubleshoot my chair. They did find a box that's fried and replace it and so we are all hoping that this is what has been wrong with my chair all along, I can't wait to get in it tomorrow and I'm really hoping this fixes it. It was too late to get up after they left so I ended up staying in bed and watching Dr. Phil that I have TiVo all week.Rosa came in to put me to bed and told me that Claudia misses me and misses playing cards with us, hopefully we can play next week Wednesday because I miss her and I miss playing cards also.

Thursday was a pretty good day. I was once again severely bloated, I couldn't even where my back brace because I have major muffin overhang. I got up and went to see my therapists and that went well, nobody at that office so nice and helpful… People will see me waiting at the bottom of the building now and know that I'm waiting to go up in the elevator and they will offer to take Robby and meet me at the top. After we left my therapist's office we cruise through downtown and to the River Street shopping center.  I ran into my neighbor Mark and we chatted for a while, he is a pretty cool guy and I love talking to him… Is both funny and smart. I didn't go into cost-plus, I always do in that area, but I was really excited about trying out my chair to see how far it can go so we cruised up to the reservoir and all the way down to the board, through the boardwalk, to the end of the wharf and back, back down to the end of the boardwalk and back and then home… The charge on my battery was still almost full charge, I was so excited I couldn't believe it. I email Andrei, Melissa and Jack and told them the great news. I just can't wait to get out of my bed and see how far I can go every day… This is amazing!! I came back home and rested for a bit, I was still extremely bloated  and uncomfortable but my chair is working so I'm stoked. Rosa came in and put me to bed and we did some personal care and I got to take a nice long hot bath, I was so excited… Or relieved that I fell asleep immediately and I don't even remember Rosa leaving.

Friday was a gorgeous day! The weather was beautiful and I'm pretty sure my chair is back to normal. I was so excited to get dressed, get up and back out into this beautiful world. It's funny because I felt so miserable and bloated in the morning that I almost didn't get up but I'm so glad I did. We cruised through the lagoon and that I wanted to see if there was way I could cut through the railroad tracks instead of going all the way around, there still might be a way of those so many people sleeping out the tracks and I hated to disturb them. I know I wake up grumpy so I don't want to wake anybody up, especially somebody with a bunch of rocks laying next to them. I turned around and went through depot Park in cruise down to the boardwalk, a couple times, and then down to the end of the wharf and back. I can't even begin to tell you what a great feeling it is to know that you can go wherever you want and you don't have to stick to your regular short cruise because you're worried that your battery is going to go dead. We curse on home and rested for a bit and then Scott's auto body called and said that my vad was ready. I texted Teresa but she said that she was in San Jose and wouldn't be able to make it over there before they close at 5 PM and they were going to be open until Monday so I cruised down there paid for the van, got the keys so the choices could get it when she got to my house. Teresa brought food from Surfriders Café and it was awesome, I had tri tip with garlic and mushrooms, garlic mashed potatoes and broccoli, brussels sprouts and carrots… Really not what I needed for my gas and bloated problem but it was excellent. Seth came over to say tonight and we watched a movie called Cut Bank. To be honest I'm going to have to watch it again because I fell sleep through most of it, poor kept waking me up because I kept missing the good parts. After the movie was over Seth left and I fell right to sleep.

Saturday was another great day. It just seems like every thing is better when it's 72° outside. People are nicer and everything is just cozier. After I got up and got dressed Lisa took me over to Costco, we really haven't been in about a month. When we got there we ran into Timothy, Allison and Jim, Jim is a CCI dog was closely related to Robby… That the same father. I met Timothy in cost plus read before they were going to CCI campus in Santa Rosa and he was so excited. I got to meet his wife after they got Jim, Jim was attacked by another dog in a dog park… That's how I first heard of Jim. We've gotten together a couple of times since then, they are really such sweet people. We did our shopping and it wasn't too bad for a Saturday, of course I forgot to use my reward checks… I will next time. We came back and I ate my half of a chicken bake and then took Robby for any cruise through the lagoon, down Westcliff Drive and back, down to the end of the boardwalk and back, down to the end of the wharf and back and home. It feels so great to be able to get 7 miles out of my chair, and no sudden stops at all… And the battery is barely use. I cannot wait to start going even further and further, next week I'm going to see how far I can go. I'll be able to go over the train bridge by the boardwalk and explore E. Cliff Dr. more, not to mention Arana Gulch and natural Bridges Beach and state park… Perfect timing because the weather is going to stay nice for a while. We came home and rested for a bit and Teresa came to put me to bed. Seth came in and we watched John Wick, it looked like a good movie ended up talking through most of it and then I fell asleep… It was a really great day!

Sunday was a pretty good day. I decided to stay in bed because Sunday is not usually the best day to be out when the weather is nice, it is so crowded… Saturday it's usually pretty crowded also but I would go crazy staying in bed for two days. Lisa painted my fingernails and Seth came in and out for a little while. Teresa came in and cooked for me for the week and we did some personal care, it was too late to take a bath so I'll just do that in the morning.


betty said...

I liked that new feature on your Google Glass that you found, Tammie! The pictures you featured with it were great! Good for you for going across the bridge too! That opened new freedom for you indeed!


Anonymous said...

You are funny. Major muffin... haha