Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Back to sunshine again this week…

 Monday was a pretty good day. Todd from Numotion came over to adjust my back rest, it was making me lean forward too much. While he was here I asked him to raise up my arm rests… I didn't think my ride could get a more perfect but it did. I went from being uncomfortable all day and my chair batteries not lasting more than 5 miles a day to the most comfortable  I have ever been and seven and 7 miles the last three days and barely using any battery juice… I am so happy! The last three days I didn't even come home until around 4 PM, when my caregiver gets here. Of course as soon as I got home the childish drama began, I'm so tired of this. Rosa came in and put me to bed and I fell asleep immediately, she came in later to vacuum and woke me up but hopefully I will be able to go right back to sleep.

Tuesday was a really good day, every day since my chair got fixed is a great day. I got up and Robby and I cruised down to Dominican rehab for an Ekso skeleton robotics demonstration, it was really cool. Most of the people there were therapists so I kind of felt out of place but everybody was really nice and it was really exciting to see. I cruised back just in time to rest for a bit before Rosa came in. We did some personal care and I got to take a nice long hot bath.

Wednesday it was supposed to rain but it didn't, I stayed in bed and it was really nice out. Mostly I stayed in bed because the organizer lady was like to, and organize my files but she got sick and canceled. Rosa came in to feed Robby and I and she cleaned out the pantry a little bit. Lee and Claudia came over to play cribbage, it has been a while and it was really great to see them. My mom was my partner and we won two dollars. I always sleep really good when I win.

Thursday was another really uncomfortable day, it seems like I have been bloated all month and I couldn't figure out why and then one night I was thinking about it and I haven't been taking any of my pills for a couple of weeks, when somebody is here I forget to have them set up. My chair seemed a little off so Karen took a couple of pictures and sure enough my new back rest and migrated stage right and it was almost touching the right arm rest. As I cruised around during the day it seemed to have gotten worse so when I got back I had my mom take a couple of pictures and it was worse. I emailed Audrei and Todd, not really expecting to hear anything back because it was the end of the day, and Andrei called me right away and said he would stop by on his way home from work. As I was here are adjusting my back rest Numotion called and said that Jack was going to stop by 8:30 AM the next morning… Wow, this is pretty amazing… I have never gotten such a fast response and it is really awesome! Andrei fixed it as much as he could and Jack showed up the next morning and now my chair is comfortable again. I cruise down to see by psychologists, the time with her goes by really fast but I feel like it's really doing a lot of good. We cruised downtown for a while and then came back home, I had an appointment with Kay to get a touch up and highlights. Rosa came in and helped Andrei get me in and out of the chair so we could fix the backrest. Rosa put me to bed, we did some personal care and I got to take a nice long hot bath and I was out.

Friday was an absolutely gorgeous day. It felt so great to be comfortable in my chair and out cruising around in this beautiful weather, it got up to 78°. We cruised through the lagoon, down Westcliff Drive where they were having had also for context… It sounded like it was going on all weekend. I got some really great pictures with Google class. We cruised down to the end of the wharf and back and I ran into Robby's doctor and his wife, I think I had met her before, they were cruising down the wharf to have lunch. We cruised down to the end of the boardwalk and back and then unfortunately it was time to come home. Teresa came in and put me to bed and then went to the store to buy whatever she could find to get rid of gas and bloating, we were both having the same problem.

Saturday was an okay day. I was so miserable all week I decided to just stay in bed although it was so gorgeous outside, I think when I took a bath on Thursday the cushion slipped out from underneath and I got a little bruise on my tailbone and I wanted to just stay in bed for a couple of days and see if it would go away, I'm not really thrilled about cruising around on the weekends anyway and especially with an event going on… It's just too crowded. Lisa came in and put me on my side for a while while she set up my pills. Teresa came in but she still wasn't feeling good so she just fed Robby and I and then went home.

Sunday was a big day of relief. All weekend I have been taking everything under the sun for gas and bloating and I think I have it finally conquered. I ended up staying in bed again and Lisa came in and we did some personal care, I feel so much better and I can't wait to start this beautiful new week… Both my chair and I are fixed. I decided to start making a schedule for everything, and a bunch of spa type stuff that I never use and I think it's time to start using it. I missed the Derby girls bout last night but Lisa went and she said it was pretty awesome, it usually is. I'm glad that if I wasn't able to go at least somebody can enjoy it and go in my place, I know that Lisa really enjoys it and has a good time.

1 comment:

betty said...

Glad that they made some adjustments to your chair, Tammie, so it was a bit more comfortable!! Cute pictures of Robbie rolling around!