Monday, September 1, 2014

It looks like another week of beautiful weather and family visiting…

 Monday was a great day. After staying in bed on Sunday all day I was ready to get out and cruise around, it's so amazing that staying in bed anymore just makes me crazy and I would much rather get up and get out. I cruised down Westcliff Drive to the second dog Beach and then down to the end of the wharf and back and down to the end of the boardwalk and back, the crowd has thinned out a little bit since everybody is going back to school. I'm not so anxious anymore about cruising around Santa Cruz, I'm not in a hurry to go somewhere and in a hurry to get back. I don't know what has changed but it feels great. I just cruise around for a while and laid-back and enjoy the view, there are so many beautiful places around here to enjoy. I got back in time to practice a few commands with Robby and then get ready to go to bed. Rosa called and said that they were on their way back from Disneyland and wouldn't be here until about 6:15 PM second stayed out a little bit longer and I thought about going out again but my mom had already taken all of Robby's gear off so I decided to just hang around and watch TV and listen to music, the time went by kind of fast.

On Tuesday Karen came in to show Lisa how to do my personal care, she is going to be taking over for Thursday evenings when Teresa goes back to school. She catches on really quick and I think she's going to be great. After I got up Lisa took me to the post office to send back some boxes to Amazon, some shirts that I got that didn't fit, and to get a few more things at Costco. We came back and Omar was trying once again to fix my salon sink in the bathroom, that they never did really work very well. I ordered some more parts but the sprayer wasn't fitting so I had to go back and order the sprayer, hopefully this will fix everything. Rosa came in and put me to bed and I think I fell asleep almost immediately. Tiffany, Robby's sister's mom, challenged Robby and I to the Kibbble challenge because it was national dog Day so with Rosa's help we accepted the challenge, Rosa drew out Robby's name in kibble and we took a picture.
 Wednesday was another absolutely great day. While I was getting dressed and getting out the sun was coming out so I knew it was going to be a nice warm day. I cruised Robby down Westcliff just a little bit because I felt the ground would be getting to warm for his paws. We cruise down to the end of the wharf and back because I knew it would be cooler there and then down to the end of the boardwalk and back. I stopped off at a couple of little stores on the boardwalk, I usually don't do that because I always feel like I have to buy something. I did see a really nice yellow bag that I could hang on the back of my chair in case I see something while I'm cruising around that I would like to buy. Then I remembered seeing a couple of rowing oars on the wharf that I have been looking at that say Santa Cruz, one has a surfer on it and the other one has a Woody's car so I went back and bought them. I guess mostly I am trying to make myself go into stores and purchase stuff by myself, I always see what I want and try to get somebody to go back with me but that doesn't always work so I need to do it myself… I was really proud of myself for buying two things at two different stores. I came back and rested for a bit and then Rosa came to put me to bed. It was nice to cruise with Google glass again.

Thursday was a really good day. I got up and Kay came by to cut and color my hair. I don't even really give her any direction anymore because I love everything that she does. She keeps wanting to make the red highlights a little bit more red and I like it, I like everything she does. After she was done I took while before crews down Westcliff Drive, to the end of the wharf and back, to the end of the boardwalk and back and home to rest for a bit before we start training Lisa for the night routine. She is so awesome and bubbly and I just love having her around, I'm so glad that she agreed to do the Thursday night routine. She did everything perfectly and I got done in record time, she also had time to do a manicure/pedicure and get some of the peach fuzz off of my face. I found this new product by the will of Almighty and it works great. I'm going to be already for the company we are having this weekend, I'm so excited!

Friday was a really great day. Of course I got to sleep in until 10 AM and that always feels great as long as I know I'm going to get up. Karen came in and got me up and dressed and I took Robby for a cruise down Westcliff Drive, to the end of the wharf and back and to the end of the boardwalk and back. I decided to try going to Trader Joe's by myself to pick up a few things, I want to be able to do things by myself and not be so nervous so I'm hoping the more I do them the easier they will get. I cruised in and found a guy stalking the eggs and asked him if he would mind helping me get a few items and he was really nice about it. I got some bacon, a couple of salads, some bread with garlic and some dish soap. He helped me through the cashier but when he went to put the bag over my head rest he hit one of the buttons and my head rest fell all the way back but not completely off, I didn't know until after I left the store so I drove home slowly and luckily made it back without the headrest and groceries falling off. While I was out Shauna texted me and asked if she could come in early and I told her that I was going to the last concert and I wouldn't be home until 8 PM. She said that she sent me an email saying that she had to stay overnight at her other clients office and she was supposed to be to work there at eight, I never saw the email. I texted Teresa and she said that she would come in and work for Shauna. After I got home I read the email and it said Friday and Saturday night she needed to stay the night at her other clients, I was so frustrated I almost decided to skip the concert. I came home and my mom put my groceries away and fixed my headrest and got me something to eat and I decided to just go to the concert and have fun. Lexi decided to go with me so we just cruised around the boardwalk and listen to the music. We ran into Rosa and hung out with her for a little bit. I told her about Shauna and she volunteered to come in on Sunday, think goodness for Teresa and Rosa. I came home and fell asleep a couple of times before Teresa even got me into bed and then the next thing I know she was waking me up to put on my CPAP machine before she left and she told me that my cousin Kevin and his friend Lee were here and sleeping in the front bedroom.  I slept through the rest of the night. He turned out to be a great day.

Saturday was a great day also. Lisa came in and noticed that my chair had not been charged, last night I just barely made it home before my battery died. We plugged it in for about an hour and then I decided to just get up in my chair and sit while it was charging some more. I visited with my mom, Kevin and Lee while my chair charged and then we decided to go to lunch at Pono of but somehow ended up at Huku's… Long story. It was really good and everybody enjoyed it, Tom Kelly met us there. I cruised Robby back of that and we hung out in my room for a while and visited and then Stanley, Janet, Corrine and a couple of her friends came by. Rosa came in and put me to bed while Janet made dinner.

Sunday was another perfect day. We all got together and decided to go to Zachary's for breakfast, we knew there would be a long wait but it wasn't that bad because it gave us time to visit. We all enjoyed our breakfast and it was nice to see everybody laughing and having great conversations. We came home and rested for a bit and then Janet and I went over to Costco to get some stuff from barbecuing. I already had hamburger patties and hot dogs so we got some sausages some stuff for salads and some chili beans. Everybody came home and took a little nap and then we had a great feast. Shawna came and put me to bed and we did some personal care. Sadly tomorrow everybody leaves.


Anonymous said...

Do you like Lobster? Trader Joes has the best Lobster Bisque. At least they used to. It's been a long time since I've been to one.

Chippertue said...

By LOVE lobster, I will definitely look for it at Trader Joe's. Thanks Susie

betty said...

I hadn't heard of the Kibble challenge, Tammi, but I love Robbi's name spelled out with it. I would imagine Koda would not be happy to just sit there if food was involved close by.

Good for you for trying to get out and get some things done yourself like shopping at Trader Jo's. Seemed like it went relatively well with it too.

Hard to believe today is Labor Day, soon you'll be thinking of decorating for Halloween :)