Monday, September 22, 2014

A week without family visiting…

 Monday was a really good day, I couldn't wait to get up and out and cruise around. I thought it was going to be cold but the sun came out pretty fast and it warmed up nicely. They are tearing up the sidewalks and fixing the streets almost everywhere around here so it's really a challenge trying to negotiate a cruise with Robby. We cruise down Westcliff Drive past the lighthouse and back, down to the end of the wharf and back and on our way home we ran into Mark. Mark lives in the apartments behind my house but we ran into him everywhere around Santa Cruz. He is an artist and is so interesting to talk to, he has been so many places and has so many cool stories. Among his talents are making trees out of rocks, copper wire and sea glass that he finds along the ocean. He decorated in front of the apartment complex where he lives out of stuff that he has found and it looks really cool, I'll have to see if I can find a picture of it… I know I have one somewhere. I bought one of his trees and I am so excited, it is so adorable. He brought it over to my house and dropped it off for me. Rosa came in and put me to bed, it's kind of early so I can watch TV for a while.




Tuesday was a really good day. After Lisa got me up and dressed she took me to the post office to pick up a package and Costco, it's so much better to go to Costco on a Tuesday rather than Saturday. We came back and I was going to take Robby for another cruise but it was 82° and I know that what burn his little paws so we decided to just stay home and rest. Omar was putting up the lights on the pergola. He brought a bunch of really cool little ceramic/tiki decorations that they had for an event on the wharf, they change the name so they were getting rid of these and he brought them for me. He is so cool. Rosa came in and said that her father-in-law, him and his wife were visiting from Mexico, had a mild heart attack and was in the hospital so she just put me to bed and went to see him… I hope he's okay. For some reason a pumpkin Bush is trying to take over my front yard, I guess it's the perfect time of year so I'll wait until after Halloween to take it out… It will be great to have my own homegrown pumpkins but this Bush is really spreading.














 Wednesday I decided to stay in bed. Rosa went home early last night to check on her father-in-law so I decided to do personal care and bath today. I'm not going to be able to go to the farmers market and that kind of sucks but that's the way it goes sometimes. Susan came in to give me a massage, it has been about a month and although I wasn't as tight and lumpy as I thought I would be it hurt a lot. Karen came in and gave Robby a bath  and then we did some personal care and I got to take a nice long hot bath, I felt great after that. The rest of the day I just watched TV and relaxed, it went by fast but it was nice. Robby and I will be really glad to get out and cruise around tomorrow.

Thursday was a really great day. Kay came by to touch up my roots, why does the gray show up so much better on the top front of your hair?? Robby and I went for a cruise, we decided to try to pinch collar again because he just HATES the halti and the gentle leader… He is constantly trying to rub it off on anything she comes into contact with or walks by. Of course he was really calm today, she just seems to get so excited when he sees other CCI dogs OR puppies… I can explain it but he just can't help himself. It was so incredibly beautiful that I stopped just to lay back and look at the view everywhere I went. I started to go through the lagoon but they were working at the end of the boardwalk so I turned around and cruise down to the wharf. I stopped just to watch the waves in at least two places that I didn't really want to move on but I was afraid it might start raining. Same thing with the boardwalk, a lot of places were roped off because they were fixing the concrete but they were also tearing down the stage… No more concerts until next year. It looks like they're going to widen the walkway that goes to the arcade building, I hope they put in a ramp… I almost stopped and asked somebody but I couldn't get up the nerve. It's so nice and peaceful now that school is back in summer vacation is over, it's bittersweet. I came back home and rested for a bit and Teresa came by to take my van to Scott's auto body to get an estimate for the damage. I get to go ahead and get it fixed and then the insurance will get the money from the driver who damaged my van or I can wait until they get the money and do it but I would rather just get it done and over with. Teresa came back and made me some awesome cauliflower crust pizza with sausage, artichoke hearts, olives and baby bell peppers… I love that stuff. Lisa put me to bed and then did the flash and go on my legs and my face, the hair is getting finer and disappearing just like it's supposed to, I'm so excited!
Friday was a really good day. I got up and took Robby over to petsmart, a coupled of the links on his pinch collar were bent or something so I wanted to replace them. I ran into a trainer over there so she help me fit it on Robby. We came back and went for a cruise to the end of the wharf and back, to the end of the boardwalk and back and home. It was a nice long day and so beautiful here. Shawna came in and we did some personal care.

Saturday no matter what I just wasn't comfortable in my chair, every once in a while I have a day like that is very frustrating. I was also having problems keeping my hand on the joystick on my chair, I think because I had a thick thermal and a shirt on… What am I going to do all winter?? I got up and took Robby for cruise through the lagoon and to the end of the wharf and boardwalk and back. The parts finally came in and Omar was able to fix my salon sink, I don't think it has really worked right for several years. He was putting up the lanterns on the pergola. I wanted to take pictures but I couldn't get my new Google glass to set up so I got frustrated and decided to try again tomorrow. Shauna came in and put me to bed, she was out of here by 8 PM so I got to rest and watch TV before I drifted off to sleep with my CPAP machine.

Sunday I almost stayed in bed, I suddenly remembered that we were having a barbecue so I decided to get up… Good thing I remembered. I got up and took Robby for a little cruise before the barbecue, Omar and Lisa were working outside making my Yard look beautiful. Teresa made beer can chicken, spaghetti squash and roasted eggplant, zucchini's and portobello mushrooms. She also barbecued some bloody Mary's skirt steak and it was all unbelievably awesome. After an amazing dinner Teresa put me to bed we did some personal care I got to take a nice long hot bath.
















2 comments:

betty said...

My gosh, Tammie, that barbecue food looked delicious! I'm sure it did taste delicious as well! I love that tree you bought from Mark. He is talented to design trees like that! Today is the first day of fall; where did summer go? Looking forward to a bit cooler weather here :)

betty

Anonymous said...

When you talked about your Lab having burnt paws, I thought of how Labs get sand caught between the pads of their feet on the beach.

The food looks awesome.