Monday, September 15, 2014

Company is gone and we have great memories…

Monday was a pretty good day. It was so great to be out and about and even though there was a cold breeze the sun was out and I found a couple of warm spots. The road is still closed going to the lagoon so we cruised through Depot Park, down Westcliff Drive to the lighthouse Museum and back, down to the end of the wharf and back and I got a text from Kelly asking if I wanted to go somewhere and have lunch… I will never turn that down. We decided to go to Stagnaro's on the wharf because I had never been there before. We had a cocktail, vodka with blood orange… It was really good. For lunch I had fish stew over polenta and it was awesome, I'm glad we decided to go there. On the way back we decided to stop in a little shop on the wharf called Made in Santa Cruz, I met the lady that owns it a while back while I was in there and she is just the sweetest thing ever. I ran into her in the store and a couple of other places a couple times and she always remembers me and she of course remembers Robby. We bought a couple of really cool T-shirts and on our way back noticed that Tom had called each of us a couple of times, he took my van into Santa Clara to get the lift fixed. Since we ignored our phones, not a purpose, he texted me and said that he got hit by a semi truck and he wasn't kidding… I guess he thought I thought he would be joking. We came on home and it sounded a lot worse than it was, I don't think there was even any dents, just a broken mirror and a lot of scrapes. I'm so glad that he is okay and nobody got hurt. Rosa came in to put me to bed, I was glad this day was over.

Tuesday was a kind of disappointing day. Lisa didn't show up so I had to call my mom to come down and feed Robby and I, I didn't expect to stay in bed all day but it was a nice relaxing day AFTER I called my insurance and told them about my van. I just relaxed the rest of the day and watched TiVo.

 Wednesday was a great day. I got up and I got to talk to Omar for a little bit, I just love how he takes such good care of my home and yard. I took Robby for cruise through Depot Park, of Westcliff Drive past the lighthouse Museum and back and on my way back I got a text from Kelly asking me if I wanted to go to the farmers market downtown, I always wanted go to the farmers market downtown. I got some white raspberries and some stuff for salads for the next couple of days. You can get shots of sauerkraut juice and kimchi juice down at the farmers market, is supposed to be really good for you. Now they carry bottles of it so I got a bottle of kimchi juice and a bottle of garlic pickle juice, I know I'm going to love it. We cruised over to Trader Joe's so I could get some lactose-free creamer for my coffee and then cruised back home. Teresa brought over some food for the next couple of days but while I was at the farmers market I got a chickpea and eggplant naan rap, as usual it was so good. Rosa put me to bed and then Lee and Claudia came over to play cribbage, I haven't seen them for a while and it was really nice to see them.

Thursday was another great day. I got up and took Robby for a cruise to the world market to look for outdoor lanterns, the kind that you put candles in. I think they would look really good to hang on the inside of the pergola. I found a bunch online that I liked but decided to go and look at them in person, I'm not very good at judging size. The ones that I saw over there didn't look like they would last very long outside so I guess I'll go back to Amazon and get the ones I looked at first. There is a place downtown, call OM galleries and they have really cool stuff but nothing that would last long outside. The guy is so nice and he remembers us every time we go in there. We cruise down to the end of the wharf at back and then came on home and sat outside in the sun for a while, it really felt good.

Friday was another great day. I got up and cruise Robby down Westcliff Drive on to the lighthouse Museum and back. I haven't been going through the looking because they are doing work on the streets but I got a phone call last night with a message that said the mountain lions are back at the lagoon and to stay away. We cruise down to the end of the wharf and back and then came on home. My nephew David and his friend Grant came down the night before so I hung out with them for a while. Shawna came to me to bed and I think I was asleep before she even finished, I was really tired and stressed. I woke up just in time for a snack, these little tiny sausages, cowgirl cheese and black and whites raspberries. I could hear my family playing cribbage in the living room, it's fun to hear them talking and joking. I finally got an email back from Google glass and they are going to exchange my class again, I thought maybe they were going to get tired of replacing it and think that I did something wrong but I really haven't… I take very good care of my Google glass.

Saturday was another great day. Stanley and Janet came down on Friday evening to spend the night. I didn't get to see them because over so tired that I fell asleep while Shauna was putting me to bed, I was out for the night. I took Robby for a cruise to the wharf and back and then my mom, Stanley, Janet, David and I went out to breakfast at Zachary's. I decided to try the tofu scramble with green chilies and salsa and it was pretty good, I also had fruit and their honey molasses bread. We came back and rested for a bit and then Teresa, Jess, Alex and I went to surfriders Café to have dinner before the Derby girls bout. We got there little bit late but had a really nice dinner, I have the Derby girls sliders and french fries. We ended up getting to the Kaiser Arena at halftime so at least we didn't have to cruise in while the game was going on. The bombshells one and I can't remember what the score was but they won by a lot. After the bout Teresa brought me home and put me to bed. I haven't been to any of the bouts for a long time and I really miss going, I was battling pressure sores for a while so I didn't go. There is only one more and that it's going to be over. While we were eating we could hear and see how much fun everybody was having at the Greek restaurant next door so he decided to go there before the next bout. I had been there before and the food was really good and they give you lots.

Sunday I decided to stay in bed. They were having a triathlon in Santa Cruz so all of the places that I would normally go were going to be very crowded and pretty much roped off. They were running down W. Cliff Dr., swimming around the wharf and then bicycling to depot Park… That's where it ended. Lisa planted some more bulbs and seeds around the yard, I got so many that I don't even know what they are anymore so it will be a nice surprise when everything starts popping up. It looks like there's a pumpkin bush growing in my front yard and pumpkins are starting to grow on it. I think some birds must've ate some pumpkin seeds, I have them in the birdfeeder outback, and then pooped in my front yard and they're growing like crazy.Teresa came by and correct me an amazing meal, lobster, seafood dressing at asparagus… I can't even describe how awesome there was. We just personal care and then I got to take a nice long hot bath, whether perfect day!

1 comment:

betty said...

Your poor van, Tammie! Glad no one got hurt though! Yum on the fish stew; I bet that was delicious! We have been having some really hot muggy days here; will be glad to see an end to it soon and some cooler fall weather :)