Monday, September 8, 2014

Family is gone but they will be back…

 Monday was a pretty good day. I got to say goodbye to everybody that was leaving. Kevin, Lee and Molly came in to say goodbye at 8 AM and they were on their way. Stanley Cook breakfast and then him, Janet, Corrine and her two friends took up about 10 AM. Yesterday my brother challenged me to the ALS ice bucket challenge so since I was going to take a bath anyway I decided to do it over the tub so I wouldn't waste water or get my power chair all wet. It came off pretty smoothly and I posted it on Facebook. Karen gave me a bath and I just laid around, relaxed and watched some movies on the TV. A nice relaxing day.

Tuesday was a pretty good day. I got up and took Robby for a cruise down Westcliff Drive and back, to the end of the wharf and back into the end of the boardwalk back. I took some pictures of the new additions, signs and stuff, to the carport. Rosa came and put me to bed and we did some personal care and I got to take a nice long hot bath. I had a childhood friend and her family come to visit but by the time we got done with personal care and bath I was too tired and it was too late to visit, hopefully they got a good nights rest.

 Wednesday was a really great day. I got up and I could hear Diane, our families grew up together, talking in the living room. I went out to say hello and it was so great to see her, she looked exactly the same and is as sweet as ever. She introduced me to her daughter, she had her when she was 16 and gave her up for adoption but got back in contact with her a year or two ago… How cool is that? She also brought her two sons, both very impressive guys… Very polite and very sweet. We visited for a while and then decided to go get something to eat. Tom came along since Kelly needed to rest, she had a dentist appointment early in the morning and ended up needing a root canal. We went to Woody's restaurant on the wharf and everybody really enjoyed what they had, it was my second time there and both times I liked it very much. We cruise down the wharf and watched the sea lions laying under the wharf for a while and then cruised down to the surf Museum. We walked down towards the dog beach and a dog came running up to Robby without a leash, Tom stepped in front of Robby and said to the guy "you're supposed to have your dog on a leash" the guy had a stupid look on his face and said "I know, rules rules rules" I was so frustrated I wanted to run him over with my chair but I did not. Diane, her daughter, the two boys and the baby went down to stick their toes in the water and as we were watching the dog out to sea. He looked like he was getting further and further away and a little panicked but the guy that owned him was just walking along relaxed. A lady even jumped up and took off her pants, she had a bathing suit underneath, and started to swim after the dog. The guy told her it was no big deal so she went back to where she was sitting, you could tell she was worried and frustrated at the guy… At that point we all were. After about 15 minutes the guy started to look worried and stood at the shore and called his dog, there's three other kids out there and wetsuits that started swimming out towards the dog but he was just too far out. After about 20 minutes the dog was really getting panicked and closer to the rocks, the guy looked a little bit more serious and started swimming out towards the dog. I can see a fire truck coming down the street and I asked Tom to flag them down and see if there was anything that they could do, they also said that it didn't look like a good situation that we could not only lose a dog but for people trying to save the dog. One of the firemen started running down the stairs and when he got almost to the bottom the guy finally reached his dog and pulled it out. You would think that that would teach him a lesson? As a fireman drove away the guy walked down the beach and the dog went out into the water again, the guy didn't let him get as far away but still let him go out there and then he turned the dog back in again and just kept walking down the beach. What is wrong with some people?? We decided we have had enough excitement for the day so we came back here and my mom and Dianne went and got a stellar from chipotle. We ate dinner together and then Rosa came and put me to bed. My mom was a little annoyed because I didn't invite them into my room after I went to bed but I'm just uncomfortable doing that, I don't know anybody that wants to be surrounded by people when they're in their bed. I guess some people understand that some people just don't get it. I will see them tomorrow and I hope they understand.

Thursday was another great day. I got up and my mom, Kelly, Diane, her two sons, her daughter and her daughter's baby went out to breakfast at Santa Cruz Diner. I had only been there once and it was pretty good and this time was also no disappointment, everybody liked what they had. Kelly and I have been looking for Pho soup and we didn't think there was a place in Santa Cruz to get it, Kelly had it there and it looked and smelled awesome… We will definitely be back and I will try it this time. She also had a spring roll which she said was very good. I didn't take my van because yesterday the lift broke, I'm taking it in on Monday to get it fixed again. About a mile from here and a good run for Robby and I, we haven't been able to get a lot of cruising around since we have had company but it's been so nice to have family and friends around. My dad and Diane's dad went to high school together and we grew up family friends, my mom and Martha were pregnant at the same time with David and Diane. We came back and they finished packing up and left just as Charlie and Terri drove up for a visit, I ordered a baby quilt from Terri for a friend of mine that is having a baby, is so adorable. Teresa texted me and said that she wasn't feeling good so it's just Lisa and I tonight, we trained Lisa to do the personal care and bath last week but only one time. I am fairly confident that everything will be okay. Lisa came in to put me to bed and do some personal care.

Friday was another perfect day. Since the concert season is over I got up early but then found out that there's going to be a Beatles tribute band on the boardwalk will so I decided to stay up and go watch it. I cruised Robby around down Westcliff Drive to the lighthouse Museum and back, down to the end of the wharf and back and down to the end of the boardwalk and back. I came home and rested for a bit and text Kelly to see if she was interested in going to eat and go to the concert, she is still in a lot of pain but decided to go. If you're going to be in pain anyway you might as well have some good scenery? We went to the O'Neill restaurant and lounge overlooking the beach and the wharf. We got a couple of appetizers and a couple of cocktails and just caught up on what's been going on, she has been really busy so it was nice to hear all about it. The concert was great, I'm so glad that I went. We got back home and Shauna was here and she put me to bed and I went bright to sleep, I love long days and being really sleepy at the end.

 Saturday I decided to just stay in bed, it had been a while and it just sounded like a good idea. My mom is going to come down and feed Robby and I but we both overslept, I called her when I woke up at 10:30 AM and she had just woken up. Omar came by and put up some more decorations in the Pergola and it looks really awesome. Shauna came in and we did some personal care I got to take a nice long hot bath, it felt great.

Sunday was another day in bed, I thought it would be nice and relaxing but I look outside and so beautiful that's what I want to be. I will be out there tomorrow and hopefully will be nice. Shawna came in just to put me on my site for a while and feed Robby and I. Teresa emailed me and she is still awfully sick, plus she has an outdoor cat with the cone of shame and stitches above his eyes and nose driving her crazy because he wants to get out and get that thing off of his neck. I decided it might be a good day to order Chinese food, it has been a while and I could really go for some wonton soup. Seth came over with a sling on his right arm, he fell while riding his motorcycle yesterday and hurt his shoulder, neck and back. We watched a movie called the pact ll and then noticed after that we could've watched the pact, the original one… We didn't bother after watching the sequel because we already know. My mom, Tom, Kelly and I decided to order some Chinese food to be delivered. We had ordered it from this place a couple of times and is always pretty good, this time was no different. I ordered some wor wonton soup, eggplant with garlic sauce, fried rice and potstickers. My eyes are always way bigger than my stomach but I can have some for breakfast.


betty said...

I am always hungry, Tammie, when I leave your blog, LOL. I love all the food you eat and describe here :)

I would have enjoyed that Beatle tribute.


susie said...

I always want to take a hot bath when I leave your blog :-)