Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Everything is going so great and looking so good…

 Monday was another great day. Susan came over to give me a massage and brought her new puppy Ori… Short for oh really. She is adorable and heard Robby had a good time. I got up and took Robby for cruise through the lagoon and down Westcliff to the second dog Beach, I haven't been down that far for a long time because I'm afraid my batteries will die but I did it anyway because it was so beautiful and the weather was perfect. I came home and Omar was working in the front yard, it looks like he's almost done. He has done an unbelievably great job and I'm so proud of him and my yard. I know I keep saying it but I swear that man can do anything. Teresa came and dropped off some food, he made pasta, meatballs and garlic bread for dinner tonight and it was amazing.  Rosa came in and put me to bed and I just laid around and watch TV. It's so nice to have something different to eat every morning and every night. I feel so blessed right now and I feel like everything in my life is going great. My caregivers are all terrific, my house and garage is clean and organized, my yard looks amazing… I am so happy.

Tuesday was another great day. I got up and took Robby for his follow-up visit with Dr. Dave, he's all better. Lisa came and got us and we went to Costco, it is so much better going on Tuesday morning that it is going on the weekend… It took us less than an hour to get everything and it usually takes about two hours. I took Robby for a cruise through the lagoon, through Bay St., Park and down Westcliff Drive to the second dog Beach, the weather was perfect and it was so beautiful. I stopped a couple times just to lay back and watch the ocean, I love the ocean. I cruised down to the end of the wharf front back and came home. Kelley came over and we visited for a while and then Rosa came to put me to bed, we do some personal care and that it has nice long hot bath to top off the day.

Wednesday was just another great day in Santa Cruz. It took a little longer to get up but at least I got up. I was cruising through the lagoon and I saw a couple coming towards me and it looked like they were talking to me but I didn't want to answer them and look silly so I stopped and turned around to let them go by, it was Tom and Kelly. I didn't recognize them because they were on their bikes and had helmets on. I visited with them for a while as we watch the goats, the goats are so cute. I cruised up through the park on Bay Street and down to the wharf and back and then met Kelly at the farmers market downtown. I have been waiting for the white raspberries to come back into season, I love them. I got two baskets of white raspberries, one basket of strawberries and some kumquats. I have had kumquats on my fish but I never ate one straight out of the basket, they are amazing. I also got some stuff for salads, I have a salad for lunch every day. I came back and rested for a bit and then Teresa came and brought me some dinner, goat cheese and artichokes stuffed chicken with mushroom and mushroom sauce, eggplant couscous dish and something really yummy in a small bowl… It was awesome. I am really liking having Theresa cook for me. I decided to try having my massages at night instead of the morning, it's starting to get hoy and I need to get up earlier. Susan said she would come at 8 PM and I think it's going to work out great except for the days that Lee and Claudia want to come over and play cribbage, maybe Monday evenings would be better. Susan brought her new puppy Ori and her and Robby played for a little bit, I think they're going to be really good friends.

Thursday was another great day, I can't even begin to say how great it is to be up and moving around and the weather is perfect. I got up and took Robby for the cruise through the lagoon and then came back home to meet Teresa and Alex for a walk and then lunch. We walked through the lagoon on the water side of it, I only go on the water side of it I have somebody to pull me out of the water if I fall in. We walked up the hill to Bay St., Park and then down the hill to have lunch at the Ideal Restaurant by the wharf. Of course it was crowded but we found a nice place in the shade and we all had fish tacos, it was pretty good. We cruised back here and Teresa fixed the timeclock, it hasn't been working since Monday everybody is writing down their hours… Pain in the butt. We hung out on the back porch for a while and then Shauna came in and Alex left. Shawna did some personal care while Teresa cooked and did the payroll. I took a nice long hot bath and everybody went home before 2 AM, it is so nice to have Shawna helping on Thursdays.

Friday started out very frustrating but it turned out good. I get up late on Fridays so I can stay up late to go to the free concert on the beach, today is The Tube's… One of my favorites. I got up to go take Robby for cruise because I don't like to take him to the concerts with me, too many people not looking where they're going. I turned my chair on and the battery was already half dead, it always happens on a weekend or holiday. I decided to go take Robby for cruise and then come back and plug it in for a while and see if that makes a difference. We cruise down through the looking and started to go down towards the wharf when I noticed Robby dancing a bit on the pavement, it didn't seem that warm but we cruised and stopped from tree to tree on the way home. I notice when we were almost home the batteries on my chair were really low but as soon as I got home and sat for a while the meter went back up to fully charged, this is getting really ridiculous. Shauna came in to do some sewing and she was going to go to the concert with us. Kelly plugged my chair again and we charged it for a while and then went on to the concert. We got there about 5 PM and the place was already standing room only. We found a little space right in front of the stage and then the lady next to us grabbed her blanket and moved so we had a bunch more room, it was perfect! Rosa said that she would be down there barbecuing, that sounded good. She texted me a couple of times but I wasn't able to make it down there until I recharged my chair. I texted her when we got there and she brought this up a couple of plates of food and it was great, some marinated skirt steak, chicken, corn on the cob, tortilla chips, guacamole, salsa and watermelon. The concert was of course but too short, the 8:30 p.m. concert is always longer and they play more of the songs that were popular back in the 80s… I always end up going to the 6:30 PM concerts. Shauna and I came home and she put me to bed, I was really tired so I fell right asleep. She tried to wake me up to take my evening pills, wash my face and brush my teeth and I didn't really want to wake up because it was afraid I wouldn't be able to go back to sleep… I woke up right after she left and I couldn't go back to sleep anyway. I also wasn't able to put on my CPAP machine.

Saturday was another perfect day, the sun was out and it was warm but there was a nice breeze. Jerry and Liz, my neighbors when I used to live in San Jose, called me and said they were thinking about coming out on the motorcycle and they were going to stop by and visit. He called me back later and said that he had some stuff to do at home and they were going to be able to make it. I told him it's probably better to come out during the week because it is super crazy here especially this weekend. Lisa took me over to Costco to get some more supplies and to get some chicken and Portobello mushrooms for barbecue where having next Thursday, Omar showed Teresa how to light the barbecue so hopefully that's going to be a regular thing now… I LOVE barbecue and so does she. I took Robby for a cruise through the lagoon, through Bay Street Park and to the end of the Park it looked like somebody had set down two full bags of groceries and an extra large bottle of wine and just walked away. One of the bags was tipped over and I could see a package of Kraft cheese. It's going to be somebody's lucky day. We cruised on to the end of the wharf and back, it's still so crowded down there. I came back and hung out in my yard for a while, I love my yard so much. Shawna came in to put me to bed and my mom, Kelly and I played cribbage.
Sunday was a pretty good day. I was going to go to the movies to see Tammy but it didn't work out so I just took Robby for a nice long cruise. There is still a lot of people around the boardwalk/wharf area so I decided to go the other way and go down to Ross and do some shopping. While we were in the store we could hear a lady screaming, apparently she had lost her cart with a bunch of stuff and it… We hurried out of there. As we got to our car in the parking lot we could hear a guy screaming at another guy. Apparently he asked the guy for some money and the guy told him to get a job so he was screaming about how tough his life was out on the street and told the guy he should follow him around for one day. Lisa met us at Ross and then took us over to Costco, when I was there the day before I saw some chairs and surfboards that I want to get but didn't have room in the cart. I wanted to have Omar drill some holes in the surfboards and put air plants in them and put one in the front yard and one in the backyard, I saw it on pinterest and looked really cool. I came back and rested for a while and then went for a cruise through the lagoon with Tom, Kelly and Bailey… It is so beautiful there. I came back and Teresa came in with pad Thai noodles, garlic tofu and prawns from Charlie Hong Kong's, anymore it's usually about enough for three meals. We did some personal care that I got to take a nice long hot bath. I did get to put my CPAP machine on because I woke up at 5 AM the next morning, Teresa said I was passed out when she left and she didn't want to wake me… I think that's the first time I ever really slept through the night.

1 comment:

betty said...

You did have a busy week, Tammie! I have never heard of white raspberries; I'll have to look for them at the store. I am glad you are able to get out and about and do some exploring of the gorgeous place you live!