Monday, July 14, 2014

I love living in Santa Cruz so much…

 Monday was a great day. I didn't get a massage so I could get up early and cruise around before it got too hot. It has been a little overcast here but that's great, that means that it's not too hot. I cruised through the lagoon, through Bay St., Park, down Westcliff Drive to the lighthouse Museum and back to the wharf where although the weekend was over it was still a bit crowded. I came back and rested for a bit on my front porch, it is so peaceful sitting back out there just listening to music and relaxing. Sometimes you can hear the seals.

Tuesday was another perfect day. I got up and visited with Omar for a bit. I love how he always thinks of things to do around my yard, he is so creative. He found this palm leaf that somebody had painted around the beach and brought it here for my yard, it is really awesome. I decided even though I think I have a picture of everything in Santa Cruz to take my Google Glass and takes a more, I love taking pictures. I took Robby for a cruise through the lagoon, through Bay St., Park and down Westcliff Drive to the second dog Beach and back, I'm still afraid to go any farther because I'm afraid that my battery will not make it. I keep running into a guy who just got a wheelchair, he is so excited about it and just doesn't think that he deserves it. He is a vet and the military is really good too him as they should be. He said that he gets 15 miles out of his chair, that's what I used to get and I feel so cheated… I'm really tired of this and it's not okay. I came back home and Lisa was decorating the back porch, I swear that girl is so creative. I came in and rested for a bit and watched a new series that I am addicted to on TiVo called Cold Case, my mom started watching it and I tried a few shows and I was hooked.  Lisa texted me and said that she went to see the goats at the lagoon and the guy told her that it was their last day there so I'm glad I went and took pictures. Rosa came in and we did some personal care that I got to take a nice long hot bath, a perfect end to a perfect day.

Wednesday was a good day. I got up and went to take Robby for cruise through the lagoon and sure enough the goats were gone, all that was left were there little droppings. I cruised around the lagoon for a while and then met Kelly for lunch at the little Mexican restaurant a couple of blocks down. I had a vegetarian quesadilla but it looked more like a taco. After lunch I went downtown to talk to someone from Eye Q about my new Google glass glasses. I got them in the mail the night before. The optometrist said he had never seen the Google class and he was very impressed. He said I would take about 5 to 10 business days, I can't wait. I went to the Farmer's market to get some white raspberries and some strawberries but they were out of white raspberries so I just got some kumquats. Last Wednesday at the farmers market I had my first kumquat and I fell in love, they are so good. Robby and I cruised back home and Charlie, Terri and Parker came for a visit. I haven't seen Charlie for really long time, Charlie built my house and he did an amazing job. Charlie just had knee replacement surgery and it was only about five weeks but he was really happy with it. He said that they are planning to move to Washington when they can sell Terri's mother's house, they don't see them very much anymore so I need to make a point to go and see them before they move. Rosa came in and put me to bed. I planned on getting something to eat at the farmers market that I didn't since I went there alone but we found a chicken leg and some pad Thai noodles in the refrigerator, it was yummy. Kelly came over to play cribbage with my mom and I, we don't play for money so I don't remember who won and who lost we had fun.

Thursday was a really great day. I got up and took Robby for a cruise through the lagoon. I happened to look over on the fence and I saw a hawk, I was so excited that I decided to wear my Google Glass and I took a picture. I wanted to take more but it flew away. I saw a couple coming down the lagoon boardwalk with the stroller and then I realized it was Tom, Kelly Ann Bailey so I stopped and talked to them for a bit and then went on my way. We cruised through Bay St., Park and towards the end of the park I saw a raccoon so I stopped to take pictures of him/her. I took one picture and then tried to take a movie but Robby parked and he ran away, I did get a really cute movie of him/her standing up but I can't seem to download the movies to my blog or to Facebook. I cruised back home because Shauna, Alex, Teresa and I were supposed to hang out and barbecue… Shauna and Alex couldn't make it so it was just Teresa and I. She barbecued a beer can chicken, portobello mushrooms, zucchini, eggplant, baked some potatoes and cooked a roast soaked in coffee and needless to say it all turned out great. This was only her second time barbecuing but she had it down, I'm not surprised because I think Teresa can do anything. When I did my series of diabetes classes I missed one so tonight was the makeup class, it was about stress and how it affects your body but mostly your blood sugar.  The lady that was giving the class kept saying "life hands you all kinds of stress but it's up to you how you take it and how you let it affect you".  I'm going to work on that and find a way to not let stuff get to me. We came back and Teresa put me to bed and once again I was asleep almost instantly, I am really loving this sleeping stuff.

Friday ended up being kind of a wash. Because of the diabetes class we didn't get to do any personal care or bath on Thursday night so we did it Friday morning, by the time we were done it was about 3:30 PM so I took Robby for a cruise through the lagoon and ran into Tom, Kelly, Jim and Ursula on a bike ride. I talked to them for a little bit and we decided to meet up later and go to the Macy Gray concert on the beach. I felt a little weird but went ahead and took Robby through Bay St., Park, down to the wharf where I laid back for a bit and just enjoyed the view. I came back home to rest for a bit and I just didn't feel right, something was twisted or poking me somewhere. My mom and Shauna were here so we tried fixing my catheter hose and that didn't work so we took off my scoliosis brace, actually it's my "look thinner brace", and that didn't work either so I decided I'd better skip the concert and go to bed. After I got in bed and took everything off and felt a lot better.

Saturday was a great day, I debated on whether I should get up or stay in bed and I'm glad I got up. The weather was just perfect. Robby and I cruised down to the lagoon and back a couple of times, the first time I noticed that my Google Glass was turned off and the second time I noticed something else so I had to come back and have Lisa fix it. We cruise down through Depot Park, down Westcliff Drive and back into the end of the wharf and back. I came back and rested for a bit and my aunt came over to ask me if I wanted the stained glass lighthouse that my grandpa had. My grandpa was walking along W. Cliff Dr. and this guy was taking this beautiful stained glass lighthouse out of his front porch and getting rid of it so my grandpa bought it off of him, put a frame around it in a light inside of it and it is gorgeous. Shawna came in and put me to bed and I watched catfish on TiVo. Tonight was another derby girls bout but I didn't think I should stay up that long so I gave two of the tickets to Alex and two of the tickets to Lisa, I hope they enjoy it.

Sunday I decided to stay in bed and of course it was a beautiful day outside. I tried to say awake so I will sleep good at night so I just watched a bunch of shows by TiVoed.

1 comment:

betty said...

That painted palm tree branch was really nice done, Tammie; glad your friend brought it home to you! I am glad you were able to get out and about and enjoy last week for the most part! We've had two days of overcast, cool weather today. Going to take it since I know soon it will heat up again!

Great pictures as always!