Monday, September 2, 2013

Looking forward to Labor Day weekend…

Monday was a pretty good day. I got to talk to Otis for a little bit, I keep missing him on Mondays. He is so fun to talk to I always feel like I'm taking up too much of his time. I took Robby and Google glass for a cruise through the lagoon, down West Cliff and back, down to the end of the wharf and back and down to the end of the boardwalk and back. They were safety testing the new ride at the Boardwalk, Undertow, so I took some pictures and a couple of videos and I think people will love it. It was getting warm so we came on home. Rosa came by and put me to bed.

Tuesday I had an appointment to get my kidneys ultrasound, she said that everything looked all right. Before my appointment I took Robby for a really long cruise and of course there were dolphins playing right on the shore at the Boardwalk and I tend to have Michael glass, that always happens. Maybe I should just start wearing them all the time because you never know?

Wednesday I wasn't feeling good at all. I have been bloated a lot, more than usual, and I think we finally figured out why. I haven't been taking my evening pills and those are the ones that keep me regular. We did some personal care and then I got to take a nice long hot bath, about fixes everything. I just went back to bed and relax for the rest of the day. Lee and Claudia, my uncle and aunt and my mom and I played cribbage… My mom was my partner and I lost five dollars. It's a good thing we had so much fun?

Thursday was another disappointing day. I'm glad I found out why I'm having stomach problems but it still sucks. Of course I was having problems again this morning so I decided to stay in bed, this is getting really old and Robby keeps giving me dirty looks… Or maybe it's just my imagination? About 10 minutes after Karen left Robby hit my bedroom door with his butt and close the door. I thought about calling somebody to have them open it but I kept getting distracted. Teresa came and brought some tacos from Taco Bell, they are so bad for you but I love them. That's about it.

Friday was a great day because I got to get up. I almost didn't get up because I'm having problems again/still with bloating, I am so tired of this. I got a nice long massage and got dressed and got up in time to take Robby for a cruise before the last concert on the beach. I started to go down through the lagoon but I could see a dog down the street off leash so I decided to turn around and go the other way. We cruised through Depot Park, to the end of the wharf and back and to the end of the boardwalk and back. I didn't expect to make it that long because I thought it was going to be really hot, it was supposed to be 79°. I don't know how hot it got but I know I didn't get that hot. I came back and rested for a while and had a bacon, tomato and avocado wrap before Tom, Kelly and I went to see Papa doo run run at the concert on the beach, the very last one. I almost decided not to go because I thought I was going to be really hot but I'm glad I went, we all enjoyed the concert very much. We came back home and Teresa put me to bed. Last week at the concert Tom and I saw the crazy hat guy but the battery on Tom's phone was dead so he could take a picture, this week Kelly got to take a picture of him. I'm so excited because I have an artichoke growing in my yard, it's so big and beautiful.

 Saturday was such a great day. For the first time in over a week I felt great. I got up and took Robby for cruise through the lagoon and up to Bay St., Park where I ran into Lee and Virginia on their way to have lunch. I decided to text Kelly to see where she was and what she was doing and she was having coffee at the picnic basket by the wharf, we decided to meet back home and make a plan for the day. It was so beautiful outside we just sat in the driveway and talked for a while and then decided to get something to eat. Heather made some corn and crab chowder so he did that along with some chicken with olives that she made and some kale, there was a great lunch. I took Robby for another cruise and when I came back home and Kelly had some friends visiting so we sat on the back porch and visited for a while. Rosa came up for me to bed and we did some personal care and I got to take a nice long hot bath, that felt so good.

Sunday was a perfect day. Teresa came by to get me that up and brought me a sausage, egg and cheese croissant sandwich and some hash browns. I can't believe I hate that so soon after having stomach problems but I did and it was really good. I got up and took Robby for a really long cruise through the lagoon at around the circle church. The circle church is a bunch of neighborhoods that no matter where you go you always end up turned around back at the church. I love going up there and taking pictures of peoples yards with my Google class, I found some really cool yards today. I came back home and rested for a while and my nephew David and his friend Grant were here visiting from Oregon, Grant is from Modesto. They checked out the Google class and then we visited for a while and had a really great barbecue, hamburgers and hotdogs but they were really good. My mom had some baked beans and Kelly made a melon, Apple and jicama salad. I thought about taking Robby for another cruise but it was just too darn hot, it got to be 80° here today. Rosa came and put me to bed that I just relaxed for the rest of the evening enjoying the memories of the day.

1 comment:

betty said...

I think I would definitely always take the Google glass with you, Tammie; I'm the same way, when I don't have my camera is when I see something really cool, like those dolphins you saw. My gosh, that roller coaster; no way I would go on it, but I'm sure it was fun to see them testing it! Looked like you had a lot of fun times with family and friends this past week!