Monday, September 16, 2013

It is so awesome to have family but when they leave…

Monday was still another great day. I got up and my brother, JohnPatrick and I decided to drive along Highway nine and look for red wood pieces. We just entered highway nine when the traffic stop, after about 10 minutes we decided to turn around… I later learned that there was a fatal accident on Bearcreek Road. We went to Costco instead and did some shopping and ate hot-dogs, pizza and chicken bake. We came home and I rested for a while and then took Robby for a cruise, it was really nice because the boardwalk was totally empty so we had some fun and took some pictures with Google glass. Rosa came and put me to bed. Since we did everything yesterday we got done quick and I got to relax for a while.
























Tuesday was a really good day, the weather was kind of cold. I had an appointment with Andrei and Jack to get my chair fixed, the foot pedals were too long and the laterals needed to be adjusted. Apparently Jack just moved in to some apartments the next street over, I wish I had known he was looking for a place because my aunt and uncle have one available. I think he's locked into six months but we'll see what happens after that. Everything got fixed and my chair felt great. Robby and I cruised down there and back. We came back home and rested for a while and hung out with my brother. We decided to go down to the wharf and have some clam chowder for dinner so we all piled in the van and went down there. We came back and Teresa put me to bed.

My brother and JohnPatrick were supposed to leave about 3:30 AM to catch their flight but they couldn't find the keys so they decided to just go back to sleep. They woke up and found them and just caught a later flight. I decided to just stay in bed. We did some personal care and I got to take a nice long hot bath so it was worth it. The concrete slab is dry so the guys are out there today putting up the rails, it looks really nice, I had Karen sneak out there while they were at lunch and take a picture so I could see. Lee and Claudia, my uncle and aunt and my mom and I played cribbage, uncle Dick was my partner and we lost three dollars… Will get them next time.


Thursday was a really great day. I got up and took Robby for a cruise through the Lagoon, up to the lighthouse and back, to the end of the wharf and back and then home. Teresa came by and got me and we went to Scotts Valley to get Robbie's food, that is the closest place that carries it. I wanted to check out a couple of shops I saw in Los Gatos that has Halloween decorations, I saw them the other day when Dave took me to Apple. Of course they were really small and with my chair and Robbie we didn't fit in there very well so we went down to the Los Gatos brewing Company and had a burger and fries. We decided to go to the Spirit store to see what they have and right next door was Beverly's fabrics and big lots. We went into lots first and they had pretty much everything that we need but we went into Beverlys to get something we could use for a horse's mane for Robby, He is going to be pokey for Halloween and I am going to be Gumby, although he tried a few more costumes on.. We went into the Halloween store and of course found a couple of things that we couldn't do without, mostly we just wanted to look. We came home and Teresa put me to bed. I can't wait to start decorating for Halloween the beginning of next month. They finished the extension on the deck today and it looks great, I can't wait to break it in.



Friday was a great day. I got dressed and got up and took Robby for a really really long cruise, he is such a good boy. Tom and Kelly made it home, they went to Sacramento to work for a couple of days, and we got to chat for a while and sit on the new deck. Tracy came by and put me to bed and we did some personal care.



 Saturday was a really great day. I took Robby for a long cruise through the Lagoon, past the Light House and back, down to the end of the wharf and back, down to the end of the boardwalk and back home. I wanted to make sure he got enough exercise and felt comfortable and not answering. Teresa came over and we met Alex at the Kaiser Arena and walk down to Betty's burgers. It was Alex's birthday and she wanted to go see the derby girls, I had seen them once before and it's an amazing event. We had a really good time and ran into a bunch of people that I know from around Santa Cruz, We will right in the front row and hoping that we would get derby girl in our lap. Teresa drove me home and put me to bed, what a great day.






Sunday was kind of a disappointing day. After the great evening last night I came home and there was a message from my morning caregiver saying that it would really be nice if I stayed in bed because she was really tired and didn't want to come in. What do you say to that? I had plans to go with Kathy and Tom to Felton, finally I was going to get to go cruise around in the redwoods and take pictures with my Google glass. I slept on and off most of the day and then Rosa came in and we did some personal care and I got to take a nice long hot bath, that felt amazing.

1 comment:

betty said...

I like the way the patio is looking Tammie. Hard to believe Halloween is next month, but I like the idea you have for costumes for yourself and Robbie :)

betty