Sunday, December 16, 2012

I can't believe this gorgeous weather is still holding out…

 Monday was a pretty good day. I keep thinking are nice days are numbered so I really hate to stay in bed but it sure is nice to wake up late and have a massage. After my massage I had some mustard chicken, roasted brussels sprouts and spinach and then on to the personal care. After Karen was done with me she gave Robby a bath. I don't think he feels very good so I'm going to take him to the vet tomorrow and see what they think. He's really gassy, he has diarrhea and he just ask really lethargic. His friend came to play with him today and all he wanted to do was lay around with his head down, that is definitely not like Robby. Heather came over and cooked a bunch more food, I will be set for a while. Rosa came and put me to bed, have I mentioned before how great she is? She's always doing extra stuff and I feel bad for her because this is her 2nd job and I don't want her to get too tired. I just feel so relaxed and happy when she is here, she just really cares about people and she's funny. My brother ordered a computer for my mom. I didn't realize that she is having a hard time seeing her little laptop, we thought it would be easier for her because she can sit in her comfortable chair but it is really small. He ordered her a 27 inch screen and she can use the keyboard and the mouse or touch the screen, David's son brought back to his attention. She is looking for a table that will fit and she's getting a nice comfortable chair from Cosco… I LOVE Cosco. I think I found a Cosco buddy with Rose's daughter Adriana, I'm so excited. For dinner I had salmon with artichoke hearts and capers and wheat berries with greens.

Tuesday was a pretty good day. I got up and did my exercises and then took Robby for a really long cruise. I was going to get my toenails and fingernails done we decided to put it off for another week. I cruised down to the lighthouse, and then to the wharf, and then to the boardwalk and then cruised over to the bank on the other side of town, of course everything that I needed to do in the bank I needed to do with a phone call so I ended up coming back home. I was right down the street from cost plus and Ross and I'm really sorry I just didn't take advantage of it and go shopping. Teresa came in for me to bed and for once I really slept good all night long.

Wednesday I got up and it was a little chilly outside.  I was hoping maybe the sun and warm it up but it didn't, I kept telling myself I was just going to go a little bit more forward and then turn around but I just kept going. By the time I got back, I was freezing so I hung out here until Rosa came to put me to bed. She put me to bed and then Lee and Claudia, my uncle and aunt and my mom and I played cribbage, is a really fun game. I think I lost a dollar.

Thursday was a nice relaxing day. I slept in until Susan got here about 830 and I think I slept most of the way through my massage. Karen came by and we did some personal care, thank goodness it didn't take very long. Angie stopped by with her little boy and the twin girls, I don't know how she does it. The little girls are so adorable that her son is a very handsome little guy, extremely intelligent. They visited for a while and then it was time to take everybody home for a nap. All I did was watch her wrangle those 3 kids and I was ready for a nap myself. Heather came by and we decided it's starting to get to be great weather for soups, Heather makes some of the greatest soups. For lunch I have some stuffed chicken, roasted brussels sprouts and wheat berries with spinach.  Teresa came by with a really wasn't that much to do so she didn't stay very long, I felt bad that she came all the way over here for nothing but it was sure nice to have some alone time in my bed… even though the Bose system is broken down. I started watching the new series called Mad Men and it looks like a really going to like it.

Friday was cold… just cold. I got up early enough to take Robby out for cruise… that said, I'm not going out there. I had an appointment with Andrei and Jack to make some modifications on my chair, they like you to drive it around for about a week to see what you like and don't like. I got a quick lesson in what not to do to make your chair NOT run like a slug. Apparently while I'm driving I hit one of the toggle switches and that's what makes the chair slow down, okay now I get it and then remove the toggle switches. I really would've like to run Robby back but again it's just too darned cold out there, it's bad enough I had to take off my shawl and one of my shirts so they can fit the laterals on my chair… I was freezing by the time they were done. Teresa and I stopped by Charlie Hong Kong's on the way home and got some noodles, noodles fixed everything. I got pad Thai noodles with garlic tofu and prawns, we also got a side of vegetables. I went to bed and relaxed, I wanted to watch a movie and then I forgot my Bose around the sound wasn't working so it just wasn't worth it, open window down the TiVo shows. Karen had the last of the decorating this morning surgery center pictures tonight… I just love Christmas.







 Saturday was another really cool day. I would have loved to have stayed in bed or even settled for staying in my nice warm house but I had to go up to the clinic where Dr. Owens works. I couldn't get an appointment with her until after the 1st of the year but I went to the clinic and soccer within 10 min., how cool is that? It was really nice to see her because I haven't seen her very long time. I was going to have Adriana drive me up there but I forgot my van is not here, I took it to lotts stereo to have a GPS and a stereo system put in. I ended up cruising up there in my chair all bundled up and Adriana met me there. It turned out I just had a really large polyp where my SP catheter goes into my bladder. I cruised back and just hung out for a while until Rosa came to put me to bed, I was cold and ready to go back to bed. I ate my leftover pad Thai noodles  with garlic tofu. It feels great to be back in my nice warm bed in my nice warm house. I'm also so thankful that I have a really great crew, caregivers, housekeeper, maintenance guy… I am really blessed. One of my caregivers told me that my dishwasher was leaking and when we finally noticed it  the floor was already damaged. I called Roto-Rooter to see if they could fix it  because they usually come out right away and they said it was in the plumbing thing it was a dishwasher thing so I called Sears and they couldn't come out until the 21st so I went ahead and make the appointment. Vicente came over and said that he would take a look at it and he figured out where the leak was an order the part, it will be here Wednesday or Thursday and he will fix it, he is awesome! I swear that man can do anything.

Sunday was a really good day. Sonia was supposed to come in for a jury on the 2nd day of training but it didn't feel good this morning so called Teresa unluckily she could come in. We probably didn't need anyone because Adriana is just perfect, 2 days of training and she could identify herself. After I got up Heather texted me and asked if I wanted to go to the movies so we went to the nickelodeon theater and saw silver linings, I thought it was a really good movie and so did Heather. After we decided to go to Pono Hawaiian barbecue, I have been wanting to go there for a long time. It was really good. I had a pulled pork bowl with brown rice, carrots and broccoli. And I got an appetizer I think it was ahi tuna and it was also awesome. We walked back and Heather cooked off a few things and made me a steak, mushroom, spinach and mozzarella cheese wrap. Adriana came to start putting me to bed because her mom had to stay at work because everybody is sick and she had to wait for somebody to come and fill in for her. Rosa showed up and they both put me to bed,  it went by quicker and it was good for Adriana to also know that evening schedule just in case…

1 comment:

betty said...

Hope Robbie is feeling better! Never know what is up with them sometimes. Such neat decorations Tammie! I'm with you; we have had some nice weather and was hoping it would stay for a bit but then we got rain Thursday and its been cooler since. Oh well, it is December!

Merry Christmas if you don't post between now and then!

betty