Tuesday, October 9, 2012

It has been HOT here lately…

 Monday luckily I got out before it got too hot. They took Robby on a really long cruise and on the way back he was panting so hard, I love the warm weather so it was perfect for me but a little too hot for Robby so we came back where it was cooler. I did my exercises and then Karen put me to bed. I just feel so great and sleep so well when I feel like I got everything done during the day that I wanted to do.

Tuesday I wasn't quite so lucky. I had an appointment to get my hair and nails done but my personal care took way too long and Teresa still wasn't feeling very good so I ended up just staying in bed. I did get a nice long hot bath,  I always feel great after that. AT&T sent me a new box for my Internet and I was supposed to hook it up and wait until 8 PM to activate it, Karen started hooking it up at 4 PM… what was I going to do without any Internet for 3 hours?? Luckily I tried it by chance and let me sign up earlier. Karen went outside and came back in and said there was a HUGE spider on the fence in front of my wall so she took a picture.

Wednesday was a really good day but cold. The last couple of days around here it has been 100° and today I went out expecting it to be really hot but I think it only got up to 64°. I had an appointment to get my hair and nails done, that always feels so great. I left Robby here so Kelly could give him a bath and because they spoil him way too much at the beauty parlor. It was sprinkling on my way home and I was going to grab Robby and take him for a cruise but he was still wet, he wouldn't have minded but I didn't want to go back out into the cold. I felt really good because I got my exercises done in the morning the only thing I didn't get to do today was work with Robby, I told him I would make it up to him tomorrow. I came home and talked to Heather for a bit, she went to a Peter Gabriel concert last night at had such a great time.  Sonja came and put me to bed and my uncle and aunt came over to play a couple games of cribbage with my mom and I. For breakfast I had some cantaloupe and for dinner I had some tilapia with lemon and capers, green beans and quinoa.

Thursday was a little cold but it was a great day. I got up and did some exercises and took Robby for a nice long cruise through the lagoon, of over the bridge, to the end of the wharf and back and through the boardwalk. It was really quiet and deserted in the boardwalk is where I like to practice some of Robby's commands but when I looked and realized they were once we had to do at home we just came home and did them. Push was one of them, he pushes a   cupboard, drawer or door closed with either his nose or jumps up and does it with his paws, he's really very talented. I came back and relaxed for a while and then Teresa came back, Karen is on vacation so Teresa is doing most of the shifts. Cassidy came by to say hello, it's always so great to see her because she really cheers me up. She's moving this weekend and I'm kind of sad because although she lives right across the street I hardly ever get to see her. We did some personal care and I got to take a nice long hot bath, my 1st one in over a month… I had to take showers for a while and it sure was nice and relaxing to take about again. For breakfast I have some cantaloupe and 2 cups of coffee, I usually only have one cup and for dinner Teresa brought some wheat berries and mixed them with some greens and spinach I had. I always feel so great when I get everything done that I want to do during the day and then end up with a nice hot bath.
Friday was a pretty good day. I have been cold all day so it's a subject back into bed with my electric throw and where I can control the heater. I don't like to  turn the heater up a lot because Robby gets really warm with his big heavy coat so I just turned my blanket on high bidding keeps me nice and warm. I went to take Robby for a really long cruise and Heather texted me and asked if I wanted to go have sushi, unfortunately I had just eaten a bunch of cantaloupe but I wished I could have gone with her. As I cruise through the Depot Park I stop to that Robby go to the bathroom and here comes Seth on his bike, there is of little bike obstacle ramp that he likes to ride at so watched him for a while and then we went for a cruise through the wharf and then went down to the boardwalk and watch them take apart some of the hurricane roller coaster, I guess they're putting in the new roller coaster that goes faster and spins around or something like that. I came back home and did my exercises, ate some mustard chicken and some greens with wheat berries and went to bed and watch the Big Bang theory.

Sometimes I just look around and think about my life and wonder how I got so lucky. I have the house of my dreams and I live in the place of my dreams. Every place that I love to go is so close and so beautiful, downtown, the lagoon, the wharf, the boardwalk, the beach…

Saturday I ended up staying in bed. Karen is on vacation, Sonia is sick and Teresa has a ton of homework. I thought it was going to be a boring day but it actually turned out to be pretty good. I got a call from Lauren at CCI and she said that another service animal in this area got attacked, I asked her if she could put me in touch with the person but I never heard back from her. I got a message on Facebook from the lady today who ran into my massage therapist at the flea market and Susan gave her my Facebook name. Her and her daughter are still a little traumatized, I can't wait to talk to her because I have been dying to find somebody to talk to about this situation who really understands. I bought a new bed a while back and I was going to give my old one away by my uncle and aunt said they wanted it and now that it's been in their house for a while they want me to take it back… I thought I already got rid of it once because I didn't have room to store it?  I guess I'll put it on craigslist and see what I can get for it.

Sunday was perfect. I was up by 10 AM and the sun was already out.  Robby and I went for our regular cruise around Santa Cruz and then I came back and went to lunch with Kelly at Laili downtown, I have been wanting to take her there for a while.  We decided to eat out on the patio and it was gorgeous, the sun was out… it was a perfect day. Teresa and I had a groupon a while back and we tried it a couple of times and just loved it. Kelly had a beet salad with arugula and feta and I had traveled with basmati rice with saffron and pickled tomatoes and zucchini, we both loved it. I came back home and got here just as Teresa drove up… perfect timing. We did some personal care and then I got to take a nice long hot bath, it always feels so great.


That corgi :) said...

That was one big spider Tammie! I wonder if you are getting things ready to decorate for Halloween this year? Hard to imagine we are in October already and it is that time to do so! That was sad that another service dog had been attacked; I can imagine they were traumatized like you were when it happened to Robby. I hope you can make contact with them to be able to share experiences. Koda's been attacked three times and I think I might have mentioned it but the last time, last month, my husband got bit by the attacking dog in his attempt to keep the dog away from Koda. We didn't realize it at the time that it had broken the skin until he got home and looked at it; he healed fine, but still. It just frustrates me with people not realizing that their animals are capable of doing such things. Two times the dogs were off leash, this last one the dog was on leash but broke away from his owner. I am always holding Koda's leash tightly wrapped around my hand several times when we are walking and especially more so when we walk past another dog. So frustrating!


Chippertue said...

I'm so sorry to hear that Koda got attacked also, that is very frustrating. Have you guys thought of carrying pepper spray with you? I Give it to all my caregivers to carry around.

No Halloween for me this year, the time is just getting way too fast and I feel by the time I get everything up it's going to have to be taken down. I hope to break out the Christmas decorations in December.