Sunday, August 5, 2012

No more appointments for a while, time to play…

 Monday turned out to be a great day. I got a kind of early and cruised around with Robby Halti to try instead of the pinch collar but it started to get really warm so I thought I better get home. When I left Otis was taking my pond apart to clean it and by the time I got back he had hooked up the fountain and at the pond all cleaned out, it looked awesome. He wasn't quite done when I went to bed so I can't wait to see what it looks like tomorrow. Heather came over and made some chicken adobo, some Talopia with lemon and capers and I can't remember what else but it smelled wonderful in here. Susan came over and gave me a massage, it felt really good.
 Tuesday was such a beautiful day. 1st thing I did when I got up was go and look at my new fountain/pond, it was as gorgeous as I had imagined… Otis is priceless. I went to pet Smart to get Robby fitted for a halter and he didn't seem to like it at 1st, he kept trying to rub it off his nose, but he got used to it and I really feel like I have more control. After seeing all of the dogs,  but mostly their owners, I just get frustrated all over again. I keep wanting to give up on trying to raise awareness about service dogs and leash laws but something always happens to make me angry enough to want to keep going. I'm going to CCI dog pool party on Sunday so hopefully I will be able to talk to the CCI representative in this area and other service dog owners. We cruise down to the wharf and it was so beautiful, I still can't believe I live in such a gorgeous place. The seals, or as I like to call them “doggie mermaids” were out in full force. They are so cute to watch, even Robby sticks his head in between the boards and watched them for a while. I came back home to get Robby some water and to rest for a bit and my house smelled wonderful. Kelly was cooking another awesome dish for her blog. I sat and watched her for a while and then I watched her photograph the food, she is really an artist. She made shrimp fried rice with fried onions and a fried egg on top, it tasted as wonderful as it smelled. I think I'm really going to like taste testing all of her dishes while she is here. I found some duck eggs at the farmers market so I had to duck egg on mine. The eggs from the farmers market are so unbelievably better than the ones in the store, so fresh. Kelly said that the duck eggs are a little bit harder to crack.

All I Need To Know About Life I Learned From My Dog

"Never pass up the opportunity to go for a joy ride.
Allow the experience of fresh air and the wind in your face to be pure ecstasy.
When loved ones come home, always run to greet them.
Run, romp, and play daily.
Be loyal.
Never pretend to be something you're not.
Eat with gusto and enthusiasm.
If what you want lies buried, dig until you find it.
When someone is having a bad day, be silent, sit close by and nuzzle them gently.
Thrive on affection and let people touch you - enjoy back rubs and pats on your neck.
When you leave your yard, make it an adventure.
Avoid biting when a simple growl will do.
No matter how often you're scolded, don't pout - run right back and make friends.
Bond with your pack.
On cold nights, curl up in front of a crackling fire.
When you're excited, speak up.
When you're happy, dance around and wag your entire body.
Delight in the simple joy of a long walk.
If you stare at someone long enough, eventually you'll get what you want.
Don't go out without ID.
Leave room in your schedule for a good nap.
Always give people a friendly greeting.
If it's not wet and sloppy, it's not a real kiss." by author unknown

Wednesday was another nice warm day. Robby and I went for a cruise through the lagoon, to the wharf and back and we met Teresa up at Safeway. Robby has already learned how to rub the nose piece off of his halter headgear,  he is such a clever boy. We found out how to fix it so he can do that again, just let him try. I went to see Dr. Hurray, I always love going to see him because he is so sweet and funny. Everything is looking great and I should only have to go see him for a couple more weeks and I will be totally pressure sore free… knocking on wood. Of course we went to Charlie Hong Kong's on the way back and I got pad Thai noodles with garlic tofu.

Thursday after I got up and headed over to Dr. Owens office to get my depo shot. It was starting to get nice, I thought it was going to be cold. I saw Cassidy and one of the guys that I always see from Parks and Recreation cleaning up the park walkway. I asked her if she was going to be there for a while because I was on my way to a doctors appointment and she said yes, it's always so nice to see Cassidy. I stopped back by and talked to her for a while but I didn't want to stay too long because I didn't want to keep her from her work. She still lives across the street but is moving so I hope to see her before she moves to catch up. Robby and I cruised down to the end of the wharf and then down to the boardwalk, when are these kids going back to school? I came back to rest and then went to get Tacos al Pastor with Tom and Kelly, their tacos are always so delicious and is just a couple blocks away. I came back and we were looking at my front yard and people had planted a bunch of vegetables,  I wanted to plant a garden out there because I would love to have the fresh vegetables. The accounting lady came by and we went across the street to show her my aunts garden because she was also a gardener. For breakfast I had shrimp fried rice that Kelly made, wheat berries and greens that Teresa made and chicken adobo that Heather made.

Friday turned out to be a really great day. The new housekeeper came over to look at my house and she agreed to start cleaning on Wednesday, Karen is getting too burnt out and this lady came highly recommended by my wound care visiting nurse. Robby and I cruised through the lagoon, up through the park and down to the bridge overlooking the wharf. Looking down it was so crowded that we didn't dare go down and try to find the people so we cruised through the Depot Park and came back to rest and get some water for Robby. I hung out and talked to Tom for a while but then he went back to work so I took Robby and went back to the lagoon. When we were leaving Phil and Hazel were just arriving, Phil is the one that made the beautiful counter, sink, shelving and pass through on my patio. When I came back from cruising Robby Kelly was making black bean burgers on chabatta bread. While we were barbecuing outside Heather came over and decided to join us. She brought over some HUGE portobello mushrooms so we barbecued and ate those also. After we ate we all went over to the beach boardwalk to watch the concert on the beach. This week was Greg Rollie formerly from Santana and journey, they put on an awesome show and it went by too fast. Kelly and I cruised back here and Teresa put me to bed. My brother Stanley, his daughter Corinne and 3 of her friends came down for the weekend. Rich dropped off Alexia and they all had a little sleep over across the street in the back house.

On Saturday we trained Sonja began,  I think she's really going to work out good. I thought Phil and his daughter were leaving because I saw them taking that step out the front door so I zoomed across the street to say goodbye but they said that they were just putting their stuff in the car. Tom came out and asked if we all wanted to go to Zachary's for breakfast,  Zachary's is one of the best breakfast places around here so heck yeah. We had a really nice breakfast and for a Saturday we didn't have to wait very long. Zachary's is only open until 2 PM and is always crowded with people waiting outside the building. We cruised a couple of the shops and then came back and Phil and Hazel went home. I came home and rested for about 15 min. and then decided to cruise down to Ross, I got to downtown and it was just too cold and sprinkling so I texted Teresa and told her it was cold and I was going home so she could come over whenever she wanted. For breakfast I had poached duck egg and some toast with some jam that Hazel made, it is really good stuff. For lunch I had artichoke frittata, home fried potatoes and molasses honey wheat toast.

Sunday was such an awesome day. CCI is having their annual pool party in Santa Clara and I was so excited when I found out I was going to be able to go, I wanted to go last year but didn't have a way to get there. Teresa came over and got Robby and I and we were really early so we decided to stop at the Los Gatos farmers market. What a great place that is, there will definitely be going back. We got to taste different kinds of hummus, I ended up buying 3 different kinds and some flatbread. We also found the sauerkraut Guy and I bought a couple of kinds of that, I can't wait to get some sausages and try them out.  We also got a samosa, it was my 1st time having one and I just loveded it. We went across the street to the cancer store and looked around for a while and I got a couple of hats. By the time we left Los Gatos it was already really hot and we thought about not even going, I'm so glad we decided to go. We got there and opened the door to the van and there was a really nice breeze. It was so much fun watching all the dogs jumping in and out of the pool and running around having a great time. I think Robby was one of 2 dogs that didn't want to go in the water, Robby went in twice but he was pushed both times and he panicked. Marve and Connie were there with Yara, the 2nd time I have seen them this month… they are so sweet it is always a pleasure to see them. We left and came on home and everybody was happy and exhausted.

1 comment:

That corgi :) said...

How cute at the party with the dogs in the water too! I do like your fountain; it looks peaceful there! Glad you found someone to clean your house, Tammie! I'm sure she'l do a great job!!