Sunday, August 26, 2012

Awesome food and great company...

 Monday was a beautiful day, except I was a little windy. I got up and Kelly and I decided to go to Duarte's in Pescadero to get some of their yummy Green Chile soup, they also give you some nice warm bread to go with it. We usually like to go there and pick it up and take it to pigeon point lighthouse but it was way too windy so we brought it home and eat it on the patio in the back, I just love my patio. My uncle wanted us to bring him back one of their pies, my cousin went camping up there and brought one back and my uncle loved it.
 Tuesday was a good day. I had an appointment to get my hair dyed, Samantha does such a great job and I love it. After my appointment Robby and I cruised around the beach for a while about and then headed home, it was time for Teresa to come and put me to bed. Heather was here cooking and it smelled so good in here it made me hungry so Heather fixed me a plate with stuffed chicken breast and kale. For breakfast I had chicken, potato and kale stew and for lunch I had fish and kale… it was a good day for kale.
Wednesday was another beautiful day. I went up to talk to my insurance agent about some life insurance, I want to make sure that my family can keep this house if something happens to me. We came back home and rested for a while and then Kelly and I took off for the farmers market, I just love that place. The hardest thing to try to decide is what to eat, we always try to eat before we shop… they say it makes you buy less but with us it just doesn't.  We decided to have a shredded pork taco and a shredded pork sopa, I had pineapple juice. We thought about getting a sauerkraut shot, they are usually gone by the time we get there they are so popular. We got some really beautiful fruits and vegetables and cruised on home. When we got home we were looking at our vegetables in the front yard and noticed a bunch of potatoes, tomatoes are quite right yet.

 Thursday was a really long day. I went to Stanford to try out some new exercises and brought home an exercise package that Lisa put together for me, she wants me to exercise 3 times a week and I can't wait to get started. We stopped at Best Buy on the way home to see if the Xbox is something that I can use when I am by myself, it looks like it is almost all voice command and motion command. I got it and brought it home and hopefully Karen will set it up for me, I'm really excited to get started with that too. We went to KFC and got some chicken, mashed potatoes and gravy and corn… I have been craving KFC for a long time. After we ate it we remembered that we were supposed to do a fasting blood test the next morning and I couldn't get a blood test with all of that in my body, I hardly ever eat stuff like that, so we decided to wait and drink a lot of water and have it done on Saturday. We got home and did my personal care and I got to take a nice long hot bath, I always feel so much better after taking a bath.

Friday was a late day so I asked Karen to come in at 10 AM instead of 7 AM, it was so nice to be able to sleep in. I got up and took Robby for a little cruise and when I got back Kelly was getting ready to grill some pizzas. She had a bunch of ingredients and some fresh dough ready to go. My mom came down and Jim and Ursula came over and we set out on back porch and tried combinations of vegetarian pizza, we will definitely be doing this again because they were awesome and fun. Heather came by to cook but I have basically been eating out almost every day so there was nothing for her to do so she joined us on the back porch for a while. My aunt came over and she looked a lot better, she had major surgery almost 2 weeks ago. Tom and Kelly, Jim and Ursula and I went to see Eddie Money at the beach, in my opinion he puts on the best show of the summer. He doesn't talk a lot in between songs so he can play a lot more, they only have about 45 min. usually. We came back home and Teresa was setting up my exercise equipment in the living room. Teresa put me to bed and then went home, she finally gets a couple of days off.

 Saturday was a very interesting day. I needed to do a fasting blood test, nothing but water to eat or drink after midnight. To be on the safe side I drink a bunch of water before midnight and then nothing until after the test. As it turns out it was a blood and urine test so since I didn't drink anything after midnight I had no urine. They took about 5 or 6 vials of blood and then Tricia said to drink a ton of tea and we were going to go out to the van until I can produce enough urine but we decided to go home. Drinking a bunch of teeth really fast on an empty stomach is not really a good idea but I had to do it, after a while enough urine came out and Teresa rushed back… the place closed at noon. She texted me and said that she made it so I'm glad I don't have to do that again.  I ate some spinach, mushroom and cheese frittata that Teresa brought over… it was so delicious. I took Robby for a run through our regular route for a couple of hours and then came home and Karen put me to bed. Andi called Thursday and said that she had a virus and couldn't come in the weekend so Karen said she would fill in for her. Karen unhooked the Apple TV from my room and put it in the front bedroom where Tom and Kelly are staying so they don't have to watch Netflix on the laptop. She also put my Wii in the living room so that it can be used out there. She's going to hook up my Xbox tomorrow, I can't wait. Karen is really good at all that stuff because I think she has just about everything you can imagine and she installs it or puts it together pretty much herself, she is pretty handy to have around. I had some mustard chicken and tater tots and rested the rest of the evening, it was so nice.

Sunday turned out to be a really good day. I thought it was going to be cold so I just really warm but the sun came out and as it turned out I was just perfectly. Kelly and I went to Zachary's for breakfast and then down to the Polynesian art festival on the wharf. It was really crowded which was nice but there was a lot of really cool stuff down there. Somebody had taken some shells and made them into rings, they were big enough to hold my scarves together so I got a couple of them. I also got about 3 necklaces that are really cool. We got a really awesome turtle for outside also. I almost ate in bed but I'm glad that I got up. Kelly made a really delicious calzone from the rest of the ingredients from the grilled pizza smorgasbord. I ate way too much but it was so good. I had it with some brussels sprouts.

1 comment:

That corgi :) said...

If I ever get up in your neck of the woods, Tammie, I have got to have you take me to some of these place for their food; it all sounds delicious!! Your hair looks great; always good to get it colored! Can you believe next weekend is Labor Day weekend? Where did this year go?