Sunday, June 17, 2012

Let the summer begin…

 Monday turned out to be a really good day. I got up early and it seemed like it was supposed to be really hot outside but the breeze made it nice. Seth came over and wanted to go for a cruise so we cruised around the lagoon and went over to the Depot Park where the BMX course was so Seth could cruise around for a while because nobody was there. He had a really tall cool scooter that almost looks like a bike but no helmet, that made me really nervous and I told him next time we will definitely bring one. He wanted to give his grandma's cat a bath so we cruised back. Bobby and I rested for a while and then my uncle took us to the County building where I'm supposed to bring up the subject of off leash dogs around Santa Cruz. I got there late and I didn't get to meet a woman that invited me there. She and her husband and another gentleman were there to support me and Robby because of what happened to Robby. I wasn't even sure that I was in the right place so I didn't say anything and I wish I would have, I have never been to one of those meetings so I wasn't sure what I was supposed to do. I felt really bad but I did get to talk to them after the meeting. I came home and Elaine and Sue were here, I worked with them about 17 years ago for 10 years… Elaine was my boss. It was so great to see them. I have my caregiver put me to bed so he could visit and play cards. My mom made some killer lasagna, Claudia made an awesome salad and Vernetta made some great garlic bread. Besides Elaine and Sue Bill and Vernetta, Lee and Claudia, my uncle and my mom were here. After we ate we played some cribbage, had fun and reminisced. For breakfast I had chorizo, egg and cheese burrito-I had some veggie chips that were really good and for dinner we had salad, lasagna and garlic bread. Elaine and Sue brought a birthday cake for everyone who has a birthday this month. My uncle, Claudia, Sue and I are all Geminis all born within about a week.

 Tuesday the sun was out but it was a little cold. Our plan was to have breakfast with my uncle and aunt and the kids across the street and then go see a movie. Most of the movies around here start fairly late during the week. We had bagels and cream cheese and fruit. It was really nice sitting over there visiting with everybody. After breakfast Sue, Seth and I went for cruise downtown to do some shopping. We walked around for a while and then decided to cruise through the Lagoon on the way back, Sue had never been there before.  I think I have decided that Seth is pretty cool to hang out with. We came back and Teresa came to putting to bed. Lee and Claudia came over and everybody started playing cards in the living room, I was glad because I wasn't feeling well and I kind of wanted them to play without me. They played cards until really late, it's nice to sit here and hear them out there having so much fun. For breakfast I had a bagel and cream cheese and some pineapple, for dinner I had some more lasagna, the garlic bread was gone but the lasagna was still killer.

Wednesday I really thought I was going to end up staying in bed. I thought it was going to be a really long personal-care day but it wasn't. Elaine and Sue left at 8 in the morning, we have such a nice visit but it's never long enough. After I got up Seth and I cruised over to the BMX bike cages and he played around there for a while and then we cruised over to the end of the wharf, I got a couple of things that I have been looking at in one of the shops and then we came back home. My uncle had his Porsche out in the driveway ready to go for a ride so I immediately lost Seth, he wanted to go for a ride in the Porsche. Robby and I cruised home and rested for a while and then went to meet Teresa at Digs nursery. They have a bunch of really cool new ideas for succulent hanging and wall mounts. We also got some more air plants,  we seem to be doing really well with those now that we found out what we were doing wrong. We rearranged some stuff on the porch and hung up the bird beak plants above the garage. Teresa put me to bed and then went home, we were both exhausted. I got myself a Vita mix blender for my birthday so we tried it out this morning and made smoothies, of course they were awesome. I had a peanut butter cookie before I left that my mom got for me and for dinner I had some killer chicken, I forgot what kind it was but when I came home it smelled so good. I also had some eggplant and chard. This is the 2nd night in a row that I cannot stop sweating after I went to bed, I don't know what that is but it's very frustrating. I'm cold and hot at the same time, I hope I'm not getting sick.
Thursday I thought it was going to be cold but it turned out to be a really nice day. Robby and I cruised through the lagoon and headed toward the wharf when we saw a bunch of sticks with moss on them and I couldn't resist, I probably have more than I know what to do with but I just can't help it. I have Robby pick them up and put them in my lap but he hates the way the  Moss feels in his mouth so he tries to chew it off before he gives me the stick, I have to make sure he moves fast. We brought the sticks back home and then decided to head through downtown to the nursery, I'm looking for a water fountain to go in the middle of my pond. You can no longer see the pond because everything has grown up really tall around it but I love it. I went to a yarn store where used to get my shawls made, I haven't been there for over a year, and I think she was making one for me when I had to go in the hospital for flap surgery. I heard that she had moved but she was in the same place so I decided to go up to the door and see if she was there but a little dog jumped on the window and started barking so I thought it wasn't a good idea. I went to cost plus and cruised around there for a while to see what was new and then cruised over to Ross to see what they had. It was starting to get a little warm so we cruised back home to rest and get Robby some water, some of the businesses usually have water in a dog bowl outside their door but nobody did. My uncle was here and wanted to know if we were playing cards tomorrow. Tomorrow starts the concerts on the beach and if I can help it I usually never missed them. We decided to play cards tonight since I will be here tomorrow. We heated up a pan of lasagna and some enchiladas and my aunt brought over a salad and some fruit, what a great dinner. My mom was my partner and I think we won a dollar,  I usually start out with $5 out on the table so I can tell by the end of the games how much I won or lost. For breakfast I had a poached egg, a lamb patty and avocado. For lunch I had a fruit smoothie and of course for dinner I had lasagna, enchilada, a regular salad and some fruit.

Friday was kind of a bittersweet day. On Thursday night when Teresa looked at the  pressure sore in my calf  she said I needed to call and get an appointment right away. Karen had to go home early because she had plans, Teresa had school and my aunt and uncle had a doctors appointment in the peninsula so this meant I either take the bus or call a cab, the Ended up costing me $52 round-trip. The doctor put me back on antibiotics and told me if it didn't start looking better he was going to send me to wound care clinic, I really don't want that. After I came home and got into bed Stanley, Janet and Corinne came to visit. They came down to fix dinner for my uncle and I for our birthdays, pretty nice I think? We played cribbage for a while but then everybody was tired so we called it a night. For breakfast I had some blueberry breakfast crackers and coffee. For dinner I had tilapia, barbecued ribs and egg plant. I was able to stay away from the cupcakes but it was really hard. I got Robby's recertification card in the mail…Yay, 3 more years.

Saturday I wasn't feeling very good. I don't know if it's the infection in my leg are my just starting to have hot flashes? I had to keep a blow dryer by my bed and have someone every once in a while blow dry my shirt. Needless to say I didn't get up and I felt really bad. Stanley cooked and awesome dinner  of oven fried chicken, mashed potatoes and kale, carrots and zucchini and rolls… it was so good I had to helpings of everything. My aunt and uncle came over for dinner, yesterday was my uncle's birthday, and then we played cribbage until I just couldn't keep my eyes open anymore. For breakfast I had poached eggs on sprouted wheat English muffin and of course for dinner I had fried chicken and the works.

Sunday was a great Father's Day. I  had a really miserable night  so I seriously thought about staying in bed and resting but I saw Robby looking at me with those adorable eyes and adjusted my had to take him out. Plus my cousin was bringing his gang over to my uncles for a barbecue, whenever possible I never miss a barbecue. Robby and I went for cruise to the end of the wharf and back and to the end of the boardwalk and back, it was so crowded and cold we decided to come back. On the way back I stopped at the ideal restaurant to make reservations for this Thursday. The 3rd Thursday of every month they give you a free primer dinner if your birthday Is in that month. There was going to be 10 of us going, 4 of us with the birthday this month. I came back home and rested for a bit and then went over to my uncles and visited for a while before dinner. I overheard them talking about going somewhere on Thursday so I asked if they would be back by dinner Thursday night and they said no, they have forgotten all about it. A friend is coming to town so we will just do something another night, I called and canceled the reservation. We had a really awesome dinner and it was so nice to get together with family, it has been a family weekend and we haven't done this for a long time. For breakfast I had poached eggs on English muffin with avocado and for dinner we had barbecued steaks, asparagus, green beans out of my aunts garden, a salad out of my aunts garden and potato salad.

1 comment:

That corgi :) said...

If I missed your birthday, Tammie, happy birthday; if it hasn't happened let this month, happy birthday!

hope your sore heals up quickly!