Sunday, April 22, 2012

Finally we are getting some summer weather…

Monday was such a nice day outside and I thought I was going to miss it. Susan came by to give me a massage, she usually comes by on Friday so I get two this week… I'm going to be so relaxed it's not even funny. By the time I got up I only had a couple of hours before my caregiver was coming in to put me to bed so I thought I'd better take advantage of it. Robby and I took our regular cruise and ran into a guy with a CCI puppy, he said it was his 3rd one. We talked for a little bit, a really nice guy with some really good friends. I gave him my e-mail and Facebook page name and hopefully I will hear from him, I think you said he lives in Walnut Creek. We cruised back just in time to catch other cooking in the kitchen, I can sometimes smell it coming up the driveway. I talked to her for a while and in my caregiver came to put me to bed. It turned out to be a really great day.

Tuesday was also a great day and a little cooler than yesterday. I got up and took Robby for a cruise before I went to Sunshine Villa to get my hair done, my roots were growing out and you could see my gray hair. After I got my hair done Robby and I went for another cruise around the boardwalk into the end of the wharf and back just enjoying the weather before we had to go home and turn in for the night.

Wednesday was another really nice day, I just love that. I got up and took Robby for a cruise and then came back in time for Teresa to take me to my appointment with Dr. Hurray, my podiatrist. Everything is healing so well and I only have one pressure ulcer that needs to be bandaged now. The bubble wrap around my feet at night is working out really well, I haven't had any marks at all on my legs. I can't wait until one day I can afford to get my exercise bicycle and build back up the muscles in my legs, or keep them the same that they are as long as they don't get worse. I got my surgery today and I'm so excited, I can't wait to see how much it will do for me. They have classes in June and Teresa is going to take them, maybe I will tag along. We videotaped how to change the dressing on my pressure ulcer so that I won't have to try to remember how to do it, it's pretty simple though.

Thursday was such a great day. It was really busy and I was running all over town and I love that, unfortunately Robby was at the vet all day so he didn't get to enjoy it. He needed a bath, 2 shots and to get his ears and teeth checked… everything looks good and he smells a lot better. I had an appointment with Dr. Owens because I'm having stomach problems again, I'm so tired of this. She set me up with some herbal stuff and a nutritionist so hopefully we can figure out something. She always tells me to quit looking stuff up on the Internet because she is the Dr., I always go there thinking that I know what's wrong with me because I saw it on the Internet. It was really nice to see Dr. Owens again and we set up a date next weekend for a puppy play date, Robby needs one so bad. I had a dentist appointment in the afternoon that went really well, she said my teeth look really good. I get them cleaned every 3 months because I don't floss them, she told me about a new air floss machine that does a great job. I have a WaterPik but it just makes a huge mess. I haven't been to the dentist for about 4 or 5 months  and my teeth still looked pretty good, I love hearing that.  I got home and there was a message on my machine that said Robby was ready to be picked up. He went in for a bath, a couple of shots,  to get his allergy shots adjusted and to check his ears and teeth… everything looks good and he smells so much better. I came home and Heather was cooking in the kitchen and it smelled wonderful. My uncle came over to borrow my camera to take pictures of the cracked foundation on his house, a guy on drugs ran into it a couple of times and of course has no insurance.

Friday was the usual relaxing day. I got to sleep in, I got a nice long massage and just relaxed in bed for the rest of the day. We were supposed to play cribbage tonight but everybody was too tired and that's okay because I was pretty tired myself, I just wanted to watch a movie on pay-per-view and go to sleep.

 Saturday turned out to be a really great day although in the morning I had my doubts. I have been really exhausted in the mornings because of bloating and really bad spasms all night but this morning when Karen put me in my chair I got really dizzy, my arms were really heavy and my eyes were blurry. We took my blood pressure and it was normal and the symptoms went away as fast as they came along… what is up with that? Robby and I cruised over to the dog beach by the lighthouse to meet Dr. Owens, Nana and their 2 dogs Bella and Ozzy for a puppy play date. I hung out at the wrong beach for a while and then decided to wander down to the other one, I couldn't remember which one they liked the best. I ran into Jim and Robby's grandma Inez and not far behind was Resa and their latest puppy that they're raising, they said they turned the puppy in in may. She said the human race is coming up and asked me to join them again this year, it starts really early in the morning so I have to talk one of my caregivers into coming in real early… I hope it works out. I talked to them for a while and then went on to the other dog beach and Dr. Owens was just leaving. She said that she would take the dogs back to play with Robby for a while, Robby really needed it. When I left the house to walk up towards Westcliff it started getting really hot and I was hoping I wouldn't get too overheated. When I got there it was a lot cooler because of the ocean breeze, almost too cold. I had to wait up on the hill because there is a bunch of stairs going down to the beach but Dr. Owens took a lot of pictures, they always have so much fun and Robby is sleeping like a big baby tonight. I noticed in one of the pictures that he was drinking the salt water so I hope he doesn't get sick but they definitely had a great time. I came home and went to bed and my uncle came over to see if we wanted to play cards since we couldn't do that before. My uncle and aunt,  Lee and Claudia and my mom and I played about 4 games and we kicked butt… my mom was my partner. Of course while everybody was here towards the end of the evening I was having a hard time keeping my eyes open  but as soon as everybody left I was wide awake and burning up.

Sunday was a pretty long and boring day so I just ended up staying in bed. Sometimes by the time I get up in my chair I have maybe an hour or 2  to cruise around before it's time to go to bed… it's not really worth it and since Robby was pretty tired from yesterday I didn't feel guilty. My 2 nephews, Robert and David, stopped by to say hello before they went to a concert here in Santa Cruz. It's always so nice to see them.

1 comment:

That corgi :) said...

Pretty pictures, Tammie!! Such a great place you live at and can enjoy your walks with Robbie, especially with the nice weather! LOL about what your doctor said about staying off the internet to try to figure out your symptoms, but I do think that is great advice and let her do her job :) Hope everyone can figure out though what is causing the problems!!!