Friday, February 17, 2012

Leaving on a road trip to Florida and back…

Monday I got up and got dressed and I was going to take Robby for a really long cruise, we were both desperately in need of one. I looked outside and it was pouring rain, the sun was even out. It looked like it was going to die down a couple of times but as soon as I got around the block and it started pouring rain again, we got soaked twice before we decided to just give up. After my caregiver came and put me to bed and the nurse left and I have my caregiver throw the ball for him in the yard until he couldn’t take it anymore. The nurse said everything is looking okay and I am ready for my trip, she gave me a bunch of supplies to take with me. Kelly will be here in 2 days and I’m so excited mostly to see her but ready for a road trip with her and Karen.

Tuesday the sun was out and it was a beautiful day. I went over to the beauty shop at sunshine Villa and got my hair streaked, my hair trimmed and my nails done. After that Robby and I cruised around for a little bit and then came home and practiced some commands. When Teresa got here I got to take a nice long hot bath and go to bed, I was so comfortable after I got into bed that I forgot to eat and now I’m starving… oh well, Karen will be here in 8 hours.

Wednesday by personal care took a lot longer than we expected, I was hoping to get out and spend the day cruising around with Robby. We only got to cruise around for a couple of hours but it was really windy and cold, I tried to lean back in the sun a couple of times but the wind was just too cold. I came back and Teresa made a killer salad and I went to bed and Ursula brought Kelly, it was so great to see her.

Thursday turned out to be a really good day even though it started off miserably, actually it started off miserably on Wednesday evening. My body started sweating and my legs were jumping which means there’s something wrong. I went through the usual… check my bladder, uncovered my feet… I even changed my blanket to a lighter one end of course checked my bowels at 2 o’clock in the morning. After my mom left I was still having problems so I tried to make myself go to sleep. Of course in the morning I found out what it was, my night boots were too tight so I had pinch marks on the top of my feet… that is one of the 1st things that you’re supposed to check, especially since they are new. I’m so mad at myself for not having my mom checked that. Kelly took Robby for a nice long walk while Teresa waxed Karen and I, she also ended up waxing Kelly and my mom. We got burgers from the burger place up the road, it’s only my 2nd time getting when they are and it was awesome. Tracy got little sliders and tater tots, she shared her tater tots with me… I LOVE tater tots. Kelly and I got an Ahi tuna burger, it was awesome. My mom got macaroni and cheese with 2 grilled cheese sandwiches as buns. I got onion rings and my mom and Kelly shared an order Tatar tots, everybody was happy and ate way too much.

Friday was a great day and probably my last post until I get back sometime in March. I’m going on a road trip with my cousin and Karen from here to Ft. Lauderdale Florida, where my cousin lives, and back. We have been looking forward to it for a long time and it’s finally going to happen I found an app on my iPhone so I can blog but it depends on if I can figure out how to use my DragonDictate program on my phone because there’s no way I will be able to type all of this. I hope to keep up everything on my Facebook page and we’ll see what happens…

Anyway Friday my cousin Kelly and Karen took me to my appointment at Hanger prosthetics to make sure that my braces are going to be okay for the trip. We went to Costco to get a few things but it was so crowded that we just turned around and left, we forgot it was a 3 day weekend. We decided instead to go shopping at Ross, we found everything we needed there. Then we went to Charlie Hong Kong’s, I had pad Thai with garlic tofu… my favorite. We came back and parked the van, everything actually fit and hopefully there is room for us. Teresa gave Robby a bath and he smells great.

No comments: