Sunday, January 29, 2012

Back in the saddle again…

Monday was AWESOME. I was up and out of here cruising around with my puppy by 11 o’clock. It wasn’t as cold as it has been for as I thought it would be. The sun was in and out as we cruised through the lagoon, to the end of the wharf back and to the boardwalk and back. The last time I cruise through the wharf I met a guy named Jimbo. He sits on the bench by one of the restaurants with a guitar and some sort of simple things or maracas on the end of his shoes. He stopped me one day and we had a nice conversation. I’m still a little scared to follow the path down the river because I’m afraid of being too far away from home if the motor goes out in my wheelchair. There was not a lot of people around, I love that about the weekdays. I leaned back on the boardwalk for a while and just look for objects in the clouds. I wish I was able to take a picture because it was so beautiful. I headed back home because it was sprinkling but as soon as I got home the sun was out and shining. Heather came by to cook and I decided to take Robby for another short cruise through the lagoon. On the way back I found some really cool branches with different colored moss. Whenever I see sticks with moss on them I just have to stop and have Robby pick them up and put them in my lap, he hates the way that the moss feels in his mouth but he is a trooper. I bring them home for my air plant terrariums, I know I have way more sticks then I need but it’s hard to pass them up. I came home and went to bed and listen to more of my audio book, watched intervention and then slept really good.

‎"Dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give us unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive." quote by~ Gilda Radner

Tuesday was a lot warmer outside than it has been. Today was my day for a manicure/pedicure. I took Robby for cruise through the lagoon and down to the end of the wharf and back before my appointment, the place where I get my nails done is up the Hill from the wharf. I think the funniest part is picking out the nail polish, we do a lot of experiments on me. Today I noticed on their fingernail color wheel that Samantha did one with a lime green color with a black spider on it, I was going to have that done on Halloween… I don’t remember why I didn’t. We already found a really cool one, actually 2, for next month. After my appointment Robby and I cruised down through the boardwalk and back home. Karen was still cleaning, I’m so glad she agreed to do it because she does such a great job. Teresa came and brought me an awesome salad, I want to eat more salads with my meals… I love salads.

Being stupid is not a reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and it makes me sad. -Sheldon Cooper

Wednesday I ended up staying in bed but I kind of thought that what happened so I wasn’t too disappointed although it was gorgeous outside. Of coarse personal-care took a long time but as usual I got a nice long hot bath, not as hot as I would have liked to have been… I don’t know what’s wrong with my water heater. Kathy, the wound care visiting nurse, came to see how I was doing. The pressure sores on my butt are totally healed but now I have one on the back of my left ankle and a huge blister on the back of my right ankle, it’s always something. She looked at my night braces and my day braces and did some alterations to my night races, that’s what she thinks the problem is. She is the one everybody raves about when it comes to wound care. This is the 1st time that she has seen my new mattress and she loves it as much as I do, again I’m sorry Michael that I doubted you. I told her it would be great if I could get these all healed up before my trip in February, she said it is possible. I got an e-mail from James, he is the guy at CCI who trained Robby… his 1st graduate. He gave me some really great tips on how to deal with Robby’s new barking problem and dog obsession. James is awesome!

Thursday was such a beautiful day. I got up and out of here and the weather was perfect. I got to the wharf and I just couldn’t stop looking at the view, Robby kept looking at me like he was saying “let’s go, let’s go”. I got to the end of the wharf and you could see the lighthouse across the water but you could just barely see cowell Beach. The surfers were riding the waves all away from the lighthouse almost to the beach, I only saw about 4 or 5 surfers and I was really surprised. The waves weren’t really high at all, just really long. It is so gorgeous out there. We cruise through the boardwalk, they’re taking advantage of the nice weather and redoing a lot. I stopped again to see the view. My chair is starting to get really loud and I’m afraid I’m going to get stuck somewhere so I didn’t want to go too far, I figured we could just do it again after Robby got some water. Days like this are why I moved over here.

"The reason dogs have so many friends is because they wag their tails instead of their tongues." ~ Unknown

Friday went by really fast. When Susan, the massage therapist, got here I was still sleeping which is awesome. I had a nice long massage and we always have a great talk, some massage therapists don’t like for you to talk because you’re supposed to be concentrating on your breathing and your body but she doesn’t mind. My personal courage and seemed to take very long either, I actually fell asleep and slept really hard. After that my favorite part, a nice long hot bath and then back to bed and dinner. Teresa brought me a really awesome salad and I put some chicken adobo that Heather made in it, man that was good. Cassie came over to visit for a while, it’s always so nice to see her. After that we played cribbage with the regular Friday group. We had cheese, crackers and salami… I love that stuff.

“Everyone needs a dog to adore him, and a cat to bring him back to reality.”

Saturday was a really good day. It started out really frustrating because the visiting nurse was supposed to be here at 10:30 AM and she didn’t get here until almost 11:30 AM, I was supposed to leave at noon so I can get to the support group at 1 PM and we still had to get me in my chair. Everything turned out okay and I was actually there a little bit early. It was really nice to see Roger and Joe, Karen and Terryn didn’t make it, again. We had a really nice chat and we discussed ways that we think we might be able to get a support group going again and keep people interested. We talked about instead of just spinal cord injury making it anybody in a wheelchair, I think that will be awesome. I came home and went to bed happy knowing we were going to give the support of another go and happy Robby got a really nice long cruise. I took a couple of PMs and a Xanax so I know I’ll sleep good.

“Keep in a dog you're family, to a cat you're staff

Sunday was a pretty kick back day. We got everything done as far as personal care and a nice long hot bath. I watched some TiVo and I watched Mr. Popper’s Penguins, was pretty cute.

No comments: