Monday, January 9, 2012

Trying to catch up after the holidays…




Wow, I haven’t written in my blog for a couple of weeks. The holidays always bring lots of family and friends. My Modesto family came down for Christmas and it was so nice. My niece stayed here with us for a week, I’d love to go to lunch and hang out with her. Phil started doing the work on my porch, he’s putting in the sink, a counter and some shelves… it looks AWESOME and really blends in nicely with the railing and my Burrel table.

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are."--Unknown

Tuesday was Robbys bath day and my day to see Claudia, actually it was Samantha, to get a manicure and pedicure. After I came back home and picked up Robby we went for a long cruise and then came back and Teresa put me to bed.

Wednesday the Los Gatos Lions invited us to their lunch/meeting so they could see Robby’s progress. We visit them once a year but I wish it could be more because they are awesome people, I wish I could join the Lions Club. Since we were over the hill there was a lot that we wanted to do but mostly it turned out to be errands. We found a Home Depot, which really wasn’t that much bigger than the one we have here. On the way home we stopped in Scotts Valley at Dawgs and got some hot dogs, I had two Groupons that were going to expire at the end of this month. I decided to get the Italian one with mozzarella cheese and marinara sauce, why didn’t I just get a plain hotdog?? We also got fried pickles and their homemade potato chips which really aren’t that great, the potato chips that is.

Thursday my aunt and I went to the movies to see War horse, it was a really good movie. I cruised home with my aunt and then went back downtown to meet Teresa at the post office to send my brother and asked her bed control so he can rig my bed so I can control it from the computer and I sent back a couple of electric throws that I ordered that were the wrong ones, actually the ones I like they don’t make anymore… figures. I met her back here and she took down most of the Christmas decorations, it always looks so bare in my living room without all the decorations. Heather came over and cooked a bunch of amazing smelling food, I can’t wait to dig into it.

Friday is always a great day. It starts off with a massage, personal care, a nice long hot bath, back to bed to relax for a while and then a game of cribbage with family and friends. Tonight we had 84 bean soup, whatever it’s called… it was really good. I usually lay out $5, I lost all but one and then won it all back… it was a great evening.

Saturday was such a nice and relaxing day. I laid on my side, I think I stayed up too long on Wednesday and Thursday. I slept most of the day, it was so relaxing and nice. I watch the hangover part 2 and it was okay but it really didn’t make me laugh out loud or anything. I downloaded about 4 movies last night so if I can’t sleep tonight I will just watch movies. Jess took Robby and I don’t know what they did but he’s sleeping peacefully, except for the occasional squeals and twitches… I always wonder if he’s having a bad dream or a good dream, I hope it’s a good one.

Sunday I really didn’t plan on staying in bed but it couldn’t be helped, sometimes my morning care just takes too long. It was so beautiful outside. Tomorrow I am out of here!

1 comment:

betty said...

I did hear War Horse was a good movie Tammie! Glad you enjoyed it! The weather has been so nice down here too; I hope you get a chance to go out and enjoy it over the next few days!

betty