Sunday, January 15, 2012

Getting back to the old routine…

Monday…yay…I was up by 10 AM and out of here cruising around with Robby, it sure felt good. We went through the lagoon, down to the end of the wharf and back, through the boardwalk, Down alongside the river and back in through the Boardwalk again… all of which were totally deserted and it was awesome. I came back and my uncle was outside talking to Otis, the guy who takes care of my yard. I did my exercises and went to bed, it was a really great day.

Tuesday almost turned into another day in bed but I’m glad it didn’t. It was colder than it was yesterday but still nice, I can’t believe it’s winter. Robby and I went for a long cruise, I love cruising around when everything is basically deserted. I came back and Teresa put me to bed and then went and got some food at wing stop, we are still trying to use up our groupons… I think we only have 3 family meals left. My aunt came over with her 2 granddaughters Luana and Melia. They were both dressed like little princesses and they look so adorable. Melia wants to be a doctor so she can fix aunt Tammie, how cute is that?
That is not sure what she wants to be yet, they are 2 and 4 years old and just as cute as can be.

Wednesday was a great day, any day out of bed is a great day. I got a kind of early to take Robby on extra long cruise. As we got down to Cowell beach there was a guy by the water stretching with his paddle, it looked like he was going to go paddle boarding. I have on a thermal shirt, another longsleeve shirt and a poncho, this guy had on long shorts, a T-shirt and tennis shoes… I understand the water was about 54°. I followed him along the wharf and I saw him go around and she disappeared out to see, what fun and freedom that must be a thought. Cruising along the river is getting a little scary because there’s a lot of homeless people that don’t have their dogs on leash, I never know what’s going to happen… usually they see me or hear Robby’s tags and grabbed their dog before we get to them. I cruised back home and Teresa and Karen were putting away the last of the, almost the last of the, Christmas decorations and straightening out the garage. While we were at the Boardwalk we practiced a couple of commands and Robby did awesome, he’s such a good boy. We practice a couple when we got home but he got really scared when his vest got caught on the knob of the drawer so we decided to take a break.

Thursday I got up and took Robby for an extra long cruise. I met Theresa and Karen at the post office and they took me to Costco, I love going to Costco. I think we got enough supplies to last about a month. We got back and they got me out of the van and they couldn’t get the lift back up to stow, they couldn’t even get it to manually go up so we called my uncle who had just left to go to Costco. He didn’t know what to do so we called Gabe, he used to work on the Metro buses and they have the same left as I do. He came over in the morning and fixed it, it was a fuse that blew out because we try too many times to stow it from the down position… it always worked before but now we have to learn how to do it differently. He’s going to come over when all of the caregivers are here to show them how to do it. I don’t know what I would do without Gabe.

Friday is always a good day. I get to sleep in until 8:30 AM, hour and a half massage… personal care is not so fun and I end up with a nice long hot bath, about always makes you feel great. Then we play cribbage and win or lose we always have fun, tonight I lost.

“It’s all nonsense to say that you can’t love a dog as much as you love a human.” quote by Richard Dawkins

Saturday was a perfect day. The weather was really nice and Robby and I got to go on a really long cruise. Everything was really crowded, not like during the week. I ran into one of my therapist when I used to go to transitions in Gilroy. I went to her wedding reception at the coconut Grove, it must’ve been about 5 or 6 years ago because now they have an adorable little daughter. It was really nice to see them and since they live here hopefully I will see them again.

Sunday I looked at the weather and it was going to be really cold so I just decided to stay in bed and enjoy the day. I got to watch a couple of movies that I have been meaning to watch, crazy, stupid love and limitless… both really good movies. Heather came over to visit a couple of times, I really don’t see her that much anymore but hopefully that will change.

1 comment:

betty said...

Sounds like you had a good week, Tammie! Good that you and Robby got to go out cruising and check out the sights! We are getting rain today so I guess winter is here (at least for a few days, LOL)

have a good week ahead!

betty