Sunday, August 21, 2011

Pretty much sick all week...

Monday was a really long hard day. After my personal care I just took a bath and went back to bed and slept, poor Karen didn’t even get out of here until about 4 PM... she got here at 6 AM.

Tuesday was a really good day. I got up and out of here early. I was on my way out the door to cruise with Robby and Tom and Kelly asked me if I wanted to go get a bagel and some chai tea, I have been wanting to try that tea for a long time and I loved it... I came home and ordered some for myself. After that Robby and I cruised through town, over to pet Smart, down the river, through the boardwalk, through the wharf, through the lagoon and back home... this is backwards from our regular route. I decided not to cruise underneath the bridge is on the trail down the river anymore, instead I go up to the street and crossover. I have heard a couple people say that it makes them really nervous that I do that and I have to admit I have been a little scared a couple times. For some reason doing our little cruise backwards made it go a lot faster, maybe because I wasn’t nervous about going under the bridges. The other day I ran into a couple of guys who said they had mental disabilities and had to smoke marijuana. They had a puppy with them that of course came after Robby wanting to play and I didn’t know how to tell them Robby couldn’t play because he had his vest on so I tried to be polite as possible and move on. The puppy got tangled in Robby’s leash so the guy came over and took a leash off my arm and the dogs started to run away until I called Robby back. It’s a little frustrating since I’m trying really hard to keep robbing from getting so excited when people and dogs come around, we are working on it and he’s getting better.

"The average dog has one request to all humankind. Love me."
--Helen Exley

Wednesday I took Robby for a cruise and then I went to see Claudia for a manicure/pedicure. One of my evening caregivers sister started working at the place where Claudia is so I got to meet her this afternoon also, their family seems to be so nice. We went for another short cruise and then I came home so Karen could put me to bed, she was here watching the soccer game. Lee and Claudia, my aunt and uncle and my mom and I played cribbage... we haven’t played for a couple of weeks.

Thursday was another bad day with personal care so I decided to just stay in bed, I was exhausted.

Friday was another bad day, I’m not only having problems with my personal care I think I’m also catching a cold so another day in bed. I can’t believe I missed the concert on the beach but it looked like it was going to be cold anyway.

Saturday was another miserable day stuck in bed, I have to start feeling better soon or me and my dog are going to go crazy. Luckily Tom and Kelly are here and take him for walks so he can burn a little bit of energy.

Sunday I was feeling so much better and ready to get up and out of here. Tom, Kelly and I took the dogs to Alice’s restaurant for breakfast. They took my mom and I there last year when they were here and we loved it. It was pretty packed in there so we waited for awhile then decided to cruise around and look at the motorcycles and go somewhere else to eat when a guy came out and offered us his table and they would sit in the table next to it, people can be so nice. Kelly and I shared an Alice’s omelette, and only with tomatoes, avocados, bacon and cheese. We also had hashbrowns, toast and coffee. Tom had a cheeseburger and french fries. We cruised around and looked at some pretty cool places and came home. We were going to stop at another little place that Tom and Kelly found that serves this killer soup and bread but there was a festival going on in the little town and it was PACKED so we decided to come back another day. I suggested to Tom that we go back tomorrow, they have green chili soup and artichoke soup.

No comments: