Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Barbecues, family and friends…

Monday was a pretty good day. Karen came in and we did some personal care and a nice long hot bath, I was ready for the day. Robby and I took off for cruise but the train was blocking our usual path through Depot Park so we decided to go through the lagoon, I cruised to the lagoon during the summer because during the winter everything is muddy… I almost forgot about that route. The lagoon was beautiful as ever then we cruised through Bay St., Park, down to the end of the wharf twice. I ran into my new friend Jim, he plays guitar and harmonica on the wharf, and stopped to talk to him for a while… He's a very interesting guy. I sent back for a while and just watch the boardwalk and the beach from the wharf, there were so many people and it look like everybody was having such a great time. We cruised back home, I had a bunch of phone calls I needed to make but instead I tilted back in the driveway and just enjoyed everything. Rosa came in and put me to bed and got me some rotisserie chicken and some carrots, asparagus, green beans, sweet peas and onions from my aunts garden… So delicious! Scotty, Rose's husband, brought his dad by to meet me… Such a nice family! I watch TV, listen to music and sorted pictures until I fell asleep.

Tuesday was a really great day, 4th of July! Cindy came in and got me up and Robby and I cruised down to the wharf and the boardwalk, Rosa in her family invited me to a barbecue down on the beach so I wanted to make sure I knew where they were for when I came back later and it got really crowded. We cursed around for a little bit longer and then came home so I could charge my chair and stay out later. The weather was perfect and the beach was really crowded. I think everyone in Rose's family are really good cooks so the food was awesome. I hung out up on the boardwalk with Rosa and Cindy, I felt bad keeping them up there when they had family and friends down on the beach but it was so nice. It started getting dark and cold, I get this pinching/ripping pain on the back of my shoulder when it gets cold so I decided to go for a cruise and move around. On my way down to the end of the wharf I went by the ideal restaurant and they had a couple of heaters out front so I sat there for a minute until the pain on the back of my shoulder went away. I cruised about halfway down the wharf and noticed my battery was dead and I didn't have time to get back to where Rosa and her family were so I just texted Rosa and cruised on home. I saw some of the fireworks on my way back home and tilted back in the driveway and listened and watched more, I love the fireworks! After Rosa watched the fireworks she came and put me to bed, what an awesome day!

WednesdayWas a pretty good day. Susan came inTo give me a massage,I really needed it. Karen came in and we get some personal careIn a really nice long hot bath. Robby and I went for a cruise down to the end of the wharf and back. I really wanted to go down to the farmers market and get something really good to eat but I'm always afraid I will get all the way down there and not find anybody to help me out and then I will be frustrated for the rest of the night. I'm still waiting to go down on the wharf and see my cousin Patrick's bench sanded and varnished and put back where it belongs. Rosa came in and fed Robby and I and put me to bed and I spent the rest of the evening watching TV until I fell asleep.

Thursday was not such a good day. Karen came in and got me up and Robby and I cruised over to the wharf, I ran into Omar and talk to him for a while and you told me that the bench was sanded down and it looks great, I can't wait to see it. I cruise downtown for my appointment with Carol and when I left I noticed that my chair did not get charged and was almost dead. I was supposed to meet Trish at my house and we were going to go to the movies but I had to call and get a rain check, we were going to go see wonder woman. I'm not a big fan of those kinds of movies but I heard it was really good and worth seeing.  My brother Stanley and his wife Janet came by to get my mom, they went to Oregon for 10 days. Hannah's wedding was the big event, unfortunately I didn't know this time although I just adore Hannah. Karen came back and put me to bed and got me some coffee and something to eat and I just kind of relaxed and enjoyed watching TV until I fell asleep. Rosa came in and fixed me something to eat and fed Robby and changed all the beds, getting ready for company. She dusted and swept outside and put all the cushions on the benches and chairs, she is pretty awesome. Rosa left and I decided to watch Despicable Me and Despicable Me 2, well I don't think I even made it halfway through Despicable Me before I fell asleep.

Friday was a pretty good day. Karen came in and got me up and Robby and I cruised over to the wharf, we cruised down to the end and back and then I decided I better come home and not waste the batteries on my chair, I wanted to go to the quiet riot concert on the beach tonight, A local guy who came in third at the American Idol James Durbin is joining the group. It was really nice, I tilted back in the driveway for a while and then came in and watched Despicable Me again. Karen came over at 4 PM and fed Robby and put on my sweatshirt and my neck warmer and I headed off to the concert. I like getting there early because it's easier to find a place just park my chair and stay, the time went by really fast and the concert was awesome! After the concert I cruised home and Teresa was here to put me to bed, I fell asleep pretty quick.

Saturday was a really exciting day. Cindy came in and got me up and I cruised down to the annual day on the beach, everybody is excited about this day all year long and it's never a disappointment. I ran into Karen, Livnot, foster, Tom, Kathy, another Karen… It's so great to see everybody so happy and having such a great time. People were kayaking, surfing, driving around in the beach chair… I took some pictures, talk to some people and cruised around for a while before it was time to come home. Besides for chair running out of batteries after 4 miles I have a red spot on my butt so I want to get home and get back to bed early, Theresa came in at 2 PM. Omar came by and fixed the front gate that I broke trying to open it by myself, he put a strain on the other side of the fence so hopefully that won't happen again. He also put a metal plate on the bottom of the front and back door because I keep hitting it with my foot pedal and scratching the paint. He is so awesome to have around, you can do anything. He sent me some pictures of my cousins memorial bench, there's sanding it down and redoing it in the shop on the wharf. After Teresa put me to bed she brought me some El Paso tacos from tacos Marino and they were awesome!! I should've stoped it to but I just couldn't help myself, luckily I usually eat really well so I can splurge every once in a while. I relax and watch Despicable Me 2 until I fell asleep. I thought it would be a lot more paranoid staying here by myself but I'm really enjoying it.

Sunday was a really exciting day. My cousin Debbie, her husband Steve, her son Cameron and her daughter Carmen are coming to visit for a week and 1/2. Cindy came in and got me up and I took Robby for cruise down to the wharf, through the boardwalk and back. I didn't want to run the battery down on my chair in case when they got here they wanted to go for a cruise. Omar came by and I was talking to him when they got here, it was so great to see her and her family. In the last 30 or 40 years I have only seen her a couple times but through Facebook messages we have really gotten to know each other again, when I was younger she was my little buddy and I almost forgot how awesome she was/is. We visited for a while and they went for walk while Theresa put me to bed. I texted Debbie to see if they have eaten and she said no, they were over at the boardwalk and they were going to bring back sandwiches from the picnic basket… I of course got a beet sandwich. We ate dinner in my room and then watched a dog's purpose. It was a great movie, I thought it was going to be sad and it was but it had a happy ending. Everyone was tired so we went to sleep.

1 comment:

betty said...

It did seem like you had a great week, Tammie. Liked all the pictures. I have the gook A Dog's Purpose, but I just can't seem to want to read it. I am wondering if it is sad or not and don't want to cry when reading it. Still sad about Koda's passing and he has been gone 2 and a half years.