Monday, July 3, 2017

A couple of days in bed and then back to friends and family visiting…

 Monday was a really great day. I probably should have stayed in bed but this is going to be the only day that I have to spend with all four nieces and nephews, plus Stanley and Janet will be here later. Karen came in and we did some personal care and a nice long hot bath while my family went to breakfast. Robby was off with the Woofpack so Robert, McKenzie and David and Melissa and I cruised over to the boardwalk so they can see the new additions. We cruised back so we could be here when Stanley and Janet got here but got a call from them on the way back, they blew a tire and were stuck on 680. Luckily a tow truck driver drove them to Costco to get new tires. We decided to eat at Ristorante Italiano and it was awesome, I tried the veal saltbocca. It was really nice to have everybody together but we missed Nathan and Corinne… They were on their honeymoon. We cruised back and Rosa put me to bed, it was late and everybody was exhausted so we said goodbye to David and Melissa… Unfortunately they had to get back home so they were leaving early in the morning. We visited for a while and then said good night.

Tuesday was a long and boring day, I canceled two appointments and decided to just stay in bed and on my side. Cindy came in and fed Robby and Penny and got me some coffee, Stanley made a killer breakfast of course, scrambled eggs, bacon, fingerling potatoes and blueberry muffins from Costco. Not only was it annoying that I had to stay in bed while my family was here but I've been having really bad pain behind my left shoulder, I want to say a pinched nerve because it feels like when I move a certain way somebody's continue really hard but it also feels like something back there is ripping. I have been having really bad anxiety attacks, so bad I feel like an orange jump out of my skin and my heart will explode. The good news is my pressure sore is getting much better and it looks like I will be able to get up tomorrow, sometimes they feel better if you get up plus when I say bad my stomach gets really bloated.  Rosa came in and used the massager when my neck and shoulders and that helped a lot, to put on some cannabis lotion and I was good to go. For some reason during the day Robby kept jumping up on my bed, I don't know if he was afraid I was going to leave again but it was just not normal behavior for him. He was also laying right behind my bed, maybe she's just bored? Janet came in and asked what I wanted for dinner, I love how she always does that but I feel like I always say steak, baked potatoes and artichokes. Her and my brother are such good cooks, she estimates a killer taco salad. We played cribbage until nobody could keep their eyes open anymore and then we went to bed, I love having family around.

Wednesday was a pretty good day. Karen came in and got me up and Robby and I took off for cruise down to the wharf, we cruise down to the end and back and then down to the end of the boardwalk and back home. Summer is definitely here and the beach and boardwalk, and in fact all of Santa Cruz is just packed with people just having a good time and enjoying the sun. We cruised back home and rested for a bit and Robert, Mackenzie and I cruise downtown to the farmers market… We all love the farmers market. We tried some bone broth and it was pretty good, the lady said it was good for coating your stomach if you have stomach problems so I decided to give it a try so I bought a jar. We also tried some drinking chocolate and it was pretty good also so I got some of that to try also. Before we left we got some chicken and potatoes, one of my favorite things from the farmers market. They rotisserie the chicken and the potatoes are laid out underneath so the chicken juice drips on top of them and then they sprinkle it with sea salt, it is the most delicious thing. We brought it home and my mom came downstairs and we had dinner in the living room and talked for a while before Rosa came in, it's so nice to have family around and especially when you have such an awesome family. Rosa came in and put me to bed, I don't know what I did to the back of my shoulder but it seems like every night after I go to bed and sometimes when I'm just up in my chair I get this really bad pain and it feels like somebody's pinching the back of my shoulder really hard and then if I move just right it feels like something is ripping, of course I should just stop and relax but I don't I keep moving just to make sure the pain is still there… I wish I could just stop doing that because then it brings on an anxiety attack. I took a couple of PMs, a lorazepam and a little bite of medical chocolate and I was finally able to be backs and go to sleep.

Thursday was another good day. The weather has just been perfect. Karen came in and got me up and I cruised downtown for my appointment with Carol, it's been a month since I have seen her because of schedule conflicts and for some reason I'm not getting her messages… She finally sent me a letter. The session went by pretty fast because I have a lot to say. Since I got up early I cruised down to the wharf while Robby was getting groomed and there was a couple of the guys from wharf maintenance standing in front of my cousins memorial bench, when the guy saw me come by he pointed at the bench and said "we're going to send it down and make it look nice again" he said that he didn't even know Patrick had a memorial bench and that he uses to serve with Patrick, I tried really hard not to cry. He said they were waiting for call to find out if they were going to sand it down or replace it with a plastic would. After my appointment with Carol I cruised back down, I forgot to get a picture of the bench before and I wanted to get a picture of the guy who knew Patrick but of course I didn't think about it at the time. When I cruised back down the bench was gone, they unbolted it to take it to the shop… I guess that makes sense. I cruised down by the shop to see if it was open and I could get a couple of pictures but it wasn't. I crucify a couple more times but there was no one around. I cruised back home and talk to Omar for a while, he didn't go back to work for a couple of days but he said if the bench was still there in the shop he would get some pictures. I ran into Patricia from the purple house and found out that our little barbecue has been announced to the neighbors and more people might be showing up, I think she said she got about 12 RSVPs. Usually that doesn't mean much because people RSVP and then something comes up when they just decide not to come but I'm excited to meet more new neighbors. I came home and got Robby and cruised back down to the wharf one more time before my battery was almost dead and is trying to come home for the night. Rosa came in and put me to bed and I think I was out before she left.

Friday was a super fun day. I bought tickets for my mom, Robert, Mackenzie and I to go see cars 3… What a cute movie. For some reason whenever I go to the movies as soon as I get settled I fall asleep for the first five or 10 minutes, my mom said I fell asleep twice… I don't know why she always keeps track. After the movie we cruise down to Lillian's restaurant for dinner, this is only my second time here but it was just as impressive as the first time. I got salmon and it was on top of mashed potatoes and asparagus, it was awesome! Robert and McKenzie both got gnocchi and my mom got carbonara which they all enjoyed also. We decided to get a couple of desserts to try so we got tiramisu, a cannoli and some chocolate pudding with whipped cream and strawberries… They were all delicious. I forced myself to only eat one bite of each but everybody else enjoyed it very much. We came back home and hung out for a while before Rosa came in. She put me to bed and again I was out.

Saturday was a pretty awesome day. Cindy came in and got me up and then helped set up for the neighborhood barbecue, it started out just a couple people and then ended up being 12 and then ended up being 20+. I'm really glad I didn't know it was 20+ until the day before or I would have been a lot more nervous. The Woofpack didn't show up to pick up Robby and they sent an email saying they were going to come because of the holiday, I really didn't want Robby to be here during the barbecue because I didn't want to have to keep yelling at him all the time to not feed off the ground and it's hard to tell everyone not to feed him. Cindy agreed to go to the store to get a couple of fruit bowls, a couple different kinds of salad and some dessert just to make sure we have enough for everybody… I'm always paranoid there's not going to be enough food so I buy way too much but as it turned out there wasn't a lot left over and it was perfect. We set up my table tennis table and Trish brought hers  and some hula hoops from down the street and they was a big hit. I was really relaxed and had a nice time talking to everyone. Susan came by with her twins Charlie and Ruby and they each brought a friend or two. There was another young girl who just fell in love with Robby, they laid on the driveway and it looks so cute. At one point I locked Robby on the back porch and she just stood at the gate and petted him so I told her she could let them out. He is retired but he does need to set a good example for the new service dog coming at the end of the month. We decided it would be a nice thing to do this once a month, it's really nice to know the neighbors and it's good practice… Hopefully I can get over my social anxiety. Theresa came in and I decided to go for a cruise down to the wharf, partly because sitting in one place for a long time drives me crazy and partly because I wanted to see if my cousin Patrick's bench was back where it belongs yet. I didn't really think it was, it was more just to get some fresh air and have a little time to myself. I came back home and everything was cleaned up and everyone was gone. What a great day! Teresa put me to bed and I relaxed and watch TV for a while before I fell asleep.

Sunday was another great day. Cindy came in and got me up and Robby and I took off for a cruise down to the end of the wharf and back, to the end of the boardwalk and back and then to the end of the wharf and back again. Everybody was really happy and I stopped and talked to quite a few people and it was nice, maybe I'm getting the hang of this social thing? I sure hope so because I don't like being awkward, maybe it's easier because they are all strangers. I did meet one really nice guy, Jim, that plays the guitar and the harmonica on the wharf. I seen him a couple of times but the last couple of times he stopped playing to hear what I had playing on my cell phone, I always find my music and I have a really nice speaker in my backpack… I think it's louder than I thought. We cruised back to rest for a bit and Theresa came in to put me to bed. My uncle and aunt came over to play cribbage, I lost two or three dollars but then one one dollar back and have a good time. I watch TV for a while and finally drifted off to sleep.

No comments: