Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Goodbye St. Patrick's Day, hello Easter…

Monday was a really great day. Karen came in and got me up and the WoofPack came to pick up Robby for his day of hiking with the pack. Stanley came in really early, I guess you dropped off Corrine at the airport after her visit. Soon after Robert, McKenzie, David, Melissa, Hannah and Douglas showed up. The kids and I cruised down to the picnic basket to get a sandwich, I love their beet sandwich, and then down to the end of the wharf and back. We were going to go down to the boardwalk but it was almost time for Robby to come home and we wanted to see Robby and Douglas United, they are so which fun to watch when they get together. we got back right after they dropped Robby off so I sat in the living room for a while and visited some more and watch the puppies play. David made a taco salad and Spanish rice for dinner, it was so delicious! My uncle and it came over to join us, it was really nice. Rosa came in and put me to bed and I was exhausted, I think I fell asleep before she even left.

 Tuesday was another great day. Cindy came in and got me up and took me to my appointment with Dr. Allaman, my eye doctor. She said everything looks good and shall see me in another year, unfortunately she put those nasty drops in my eyes so it was hard to see in my eyes were real sensitive for a while. We decided to go to pet smart anyway and get some colored aquarium rocks to put in the top of my succulent plants, some of them even glowed in the dark so that will be awesome! We ran into Janice, she's the one that help me out with Robby when he was having barking issues. We came back home and rested for a bit and then my mom, Stanley, Robert, McKenzie, David, Melissa, Hannah and I went to Laili's for dinner… One of my favorite places to go. I had egg plant with pomegranate seeds, was basmati Rice with saffron and chard… My usual but I love it. Everybody else really loved what they got also and we had dessert, it was a really nice night out. We got home and visited for a while and then Rosa came in to put me to bed, I was exhausted and fell asleep right away.

Wednesday was another great day. Karen came in and we did some personal care and a nice long hot bath and then she got me up.  Apparently Douglas was patiently waiting for Robby to come and play and she took all the toys and set them in front of the bedroom door and kept walking back and forth, she is so adorable! Stanley, Robert, McKenzie, David, Melissa, Hannah and I went out to breakfast at Zachary's. I had an artichoke frittata, fruit and honey molasses toast… As usual everybody loved what they got. We cruised back home and everybody packed up their stuff and headed back to Oregon, Stanley headed back to Modesto. I took Robby and went for a cruise over to the boardwalk, the wharf and then back home. Karen is going to come back and put me to bed early because I have an appointment with Dr. Owens for my Pap smear and breast exam, thank goodness she comes to do it at my house because it's just a lot easier. While I was over at the wharf Dr. Owens called me and asked if she could reschedule but since I had already canceled Rosa and Karen was going to come in I just had her put me to bed, it'll be nice to just relax and watch TV for the evening. I got a Facebook message from Foster asking if he could borrow my spare chair, apparently he has to and they are both broken down. It's not the best chair in the world and that's why we call it "the better than staying in bed chair" hopefully it won't be too uncomfortable for him and make him sore. His caregiver came to pick it up. Karen put me to bed and I watched TV and played the Nazi and solitaire online the rest of the evening. My Google glass hasn't been working because it says that there is too much data and we need to delete some so Karen helped me figure out how to do that, I swear that girl can do anything!

Thursday turned out to be a really good day. Karen came in and got me up and I cruised downtown to my appointment with Carol. I decided not to bring Robby because the elevator is just too small and every time I try to go through it with Robby I break something off my chair. After my appointment I cruised back home to rest for a bit before Robby and I took off for a cruise. We cruised through the lagoon, through Bay St., Park and when we got down by Westcliff Drive I almost turned around because I saw a bunch of police cars… I really don't want to get in the middle of anything. The people that were walking towards me while having American flags in their hand so I figured it must be something pretty safe. I cruised down Westclif to the first turnabout and then headed down towards the wharf. All along the streets was a bunch more police motorcycles and in the parking lot of the Dream Inn were a bunch of bikers and bikes. I saw a couple of signs that said "Operation Surf"… I remember this from last year. They get together every year and take the wounded soldiers surfing, it is so awesome to watch! I cruised down to the wharf but I think I missed everything, luckily they are going to be here until next Wednesday so I'm definitely going to come back down and take pictures. We cruised down to the end of the wharf and back and over to the boardwalk. Out in front of the arcade I saw this lady with this really cool tank like wheelchair, I followed her around a little bit and took some pictures… So cool!! I cruised home and rested for a bit before Rosa came in to put me to bed, I watched TV for a while until I fell asleep.

Friday was another great day. Susan came in to give me a nice long massage, I needed it so bad. I started this exercise program with my arms and my left arm is so tight and cramped. I was going to stay in bed but Karen talked me into getting up, I didn't think there was going to be enough time since the housekeepers need to come in my room at 11 AM… So glad I listened to Karen because it was such a beautiful day. Robby and I cruised through the lagoon, down Westcliff Drive to the first turn out and then back down to the wharf to see what was going on with Operation Surf, again I was too late to see anybody surf but I did get to talk to a couple of really cool people. I did get some pictures and a sweatshirt, T-shirt and hat. They are going to be here until Wednesday so I am going to try to get out there little bit earlier next week so I can get pictures of the soldier surfing, everybody just looks so happy. We cruised down to the end of the wharf and then over to the boardwalk, spring break has begun… We cruise down to the end of the boardwalk and then back home. I wanted to stay out a little bit longer but my battery was dying and I definitely don't want to get stuck out in this heat.  I got home to a nice surprise, Karen decorated the house for Easter and it looks awesome! I forgot how much cute stuff I have in Karen is always so creative! I rested for a bit and watch TV before Meaghan came in to put me to bed, we did some personal care and I got to take a really nice long hot bath… It felt amazing! She put me to bed and got me something to eat and the last thing I remember was watching TV, I was out.

Saturday was a really great day. Cindy came in and got me up. The Woofpack game to get Robby for his play date, he always gets so excited! My aunt came over and took my mom and I out to lunch at Gayle's bakery and then to see Peter Pan at Cabrillo College, the food was awesome and the play was amazing. A family friend of my aunt and uncle told her about the tickets and their daughter play Peter Pan… I can't say enough how amazing she was, in fact everybody in the play was amazing! We used to have season tickets for the plays at UCSC and I really enjoyed going but we just stopped for some reason, I would like to get back into it. After the play we came home and Robby was here, this was the first day that I wasn't here when he got home and I was really nervous. Luckily I have the Ring app on my phone so I can see when they brought him home and make sure they let him in all right, I know they're going to but I still have to see it with my own eyes. Meaghan put me to bed and I watched TV for a while until I fell asleep.

Sunday was a nice relaxing day. I thought about it for a long time and decided to stay in bed, rest and watch a couple of movies. Cindy came in and fed Robby and I and put me on my side for the day. I watch TV all day and it went by realy fast. Meaghan came in and set me back up, usually at some point during the day I have to have my mom come down and straighten out my legs a little bit because I start sweating… My body really doesn't like being on its side. She fed Robby and I and for dessert she baked these little pies that I got, one was banana and nutella, peanut butter and nutella and peach. I liked the peach and the banana and nutella but I did think the peanut butter and nutella had a lot of flavor so she took it out for my mom to try and my mom liked it. I watched TV some more the rest of the evening until I fell asleep.

1 comment:

betty said...

Sounded like a fun week, Tammie, with people visiting, delicious food, the Peter Pan play, and great pictures you took of all the events. I like that Operation Surf; sounded like a great thing to help wounded soldiers surf. Robby sure enjoyed playing with Douglas!