Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Easter week, the beginning of spring break…

 Monday was a pretty good day. Karen came in and we did some personal care and a nice long hot bath, for some reason my stomach was really upset… It has been the last couple of days whenever I eat. Luckily Dr. Owens is going to be here on Wednesday so I see what she thinks. Somebody came by to get Robby for his Monday hike with the pack and I thought about staying in bed but I wanted to get up and check out Operation Surf and I'm glad I did, I like staying in bed but by the end of the day I am really restless and cranky. Karen got me up and I took off for the wharf, there was such a beautiful day and everybody was so happy and friendly. I cruised down to the end of the wharf and back, down to the end of the boardwalk and back and then down to the end of the wharf and back again. It was so beautiful I didn't want to go home but I knew I had to. I rested for a bit and finished my exercises and waited for Robby to come back home. He always rushes right by me and drinks water and looks for food, they usually bring him back around 4 PM. Rosa came in and put me to bed and my mom, my uncle and aunt and Claudia and I played cribbage… It's really fun playing cribbage, we didn't do it for a while and I really missed it. Foster came by and brought back my chair that he borrowed and he brought me this really awesome plant, that is so sweet and thoughtful… I hope I don't kill it with my black thumb, I put it on the shelf in my bathroom. After everyone left my mom put on my snorkel and I was out.














Tuesday was a pretty good day. Cindy came in and got me up and Robby and I went out for cruise, to mix it up a little we cruised around by the houses up behind Westcliff Drive… I just love to see all the creative yards. We cruised back down Westcliff Drive, down to the end of the wharf and back, down to the end of the boardwalk and back and home. We rested for a bit before Rosa came in to put me to bed, I watch TV until I dozed off.






















Wednesday was a really busy day. Susan came in to give me a nice long massage, I needed it so bad. Karen came in and we did some personal care at a nice long hot bath. Daniel came in to fix my wheelchair, the older it gets the more seems to go wrong with it… I can't wait until December when I get my new one. Penny has been losing a lot of weight and every once in a while her left eye gets goopy so I thought maybe I should take her to the vet, or rather Karen took her to the vet… Penny likes her better. They did some tests and said they would call me the next day with the results, I hope she's okay… My uncle said that his cats I got goopy before he got cancer so now I'm paranoid. Dr. Owens came by to do my Pap smear and breast exam, I'm so fortunate to have a doctor that would come by here and do that because it would be such a hassle if I had to go to her office and then try to find enough people to transfer me to an examination table and then back. She told me that we did the Pap smear last year so we didn't need to do that again, she adjusted the breast exam and we got to catch up for a little while. We used to have doggy play dates every Saturday and we would get together for barbecues during the summer but then everything got busy. She was on her way to a Warriors basketball game and asked me if I wanted to go next time, of course I said yes. I watched TV for a while and then I was out.

Thursday was a pretty miserable day. My aunt brought over some chili so I ate it even though I know I shouldn't, their homemade chili is so good. I just don't have the muscles to release gas and I get so bloated and uncomfortable… I always say next time I'm not going to do stupid things but then I do. I would've stayed in bed but on Thursday I have my appointment with my psychologist so I got up. After Karen got me up I cruised downtown to my appointment only to find out that my psychologist didn't come in that day, the receptionist said she tried to call the day before and leave me a message but I didn't get anything. Since we were already up Robby and I cruised down to the wharf to take a couple of pictures and then cruised back home. Rosa wanted to go to her grandsons football game so she asked if she could come in early to put me to bed, she was supposed to come in at 12:30 PM so when I didn't see her by 1:30 PM I and texted her and I guess you misunderstood but she was here by 2 PM. She put me to bed and the rest of the evening and just relaxed and watched TV. Omar came in and send it down the counter on my back porch, it gets damaged every year from the water but it's so beautiful.
















Friday was a pretty good day. Karen came in and got me up and Robby and I took off for a little cruise to the lagoon. I cruised by the apartment complex behind me and noticed that they were painting a vacant apartment and I remember that my friend Lisa wanted to move to Santa Cruz and then I remembered that the day before I saw somebody moving out from the little town houses next door so I decided to turn around and go home and tell Lisa. There are no signs or addresses on the complexes, how weird is that? I asked one of the guys that was painting what the name of the place was and he didn't even know, he just had a key with the address. I called the manager for the townhouse complex next door to me, I know her because her mother used to live at the complex and manage it, to see if they have a waiting list and she said they were remodeling them and to call next week and she would love to read it to my friend. I left Robby here because I have a hair appointment downtown, it really makes me nervous when I have to leave him off leash because he is a dog and I'm afraid he will run to say hello to someone or another dog… Besides the last time I took him the lady that did my hair seem like she wasn't a dog person. Thank God she quit and I had somebody else. Jessica was the lady that did my hair this time and she was awesome! The other lady seemed awkward so I felt awkward but Jessica was really sweet and helpful. After my beauty salon appointment I went by to pick up my glasses, it will be so nice to have them back again. Just as I headed home it started raining pretty hard, I get really nervous especially when I have on my Google Glass. I came home and visited with my mom for a little while and then watch TV until Meaghan came in. She put me to bed and got me something to eat and I just relaxed and waited to go to sleep, I'm so relaxed tonight… I wonder if it has anything to do with the medical marijuana?

Saturday was a nice relaxing day. Cindy came in and fed Robby and I and I decided to stay in bed, it was supposed to rain all day. Woofpack came to get Robby and asked me if I was sure I wanted him to go because he was going to come back all muddy from the rain, he was already so excited I didn't have the heart to say no. Cindy put me on my side and I kind of dozed off and on and watch TV all day, of course the sun came out it was really nice. Meaghan came in and we did some personal care and I got to take a nice long hot bath, it felt so good to get back into bed and get all snuggly warm. They brought Robby back and he wasn't muddy at all but he was exhausted, I'm sure you had a great day. They take lots of pictures so I probably get them tomorrow or the next day. My aunt came over and then went upstairs to watch a movie with my mom.

Sunday was a beautiful day. Cindy came in and fed Robby and I and got me up in my chair for the day. Robby and I took off for cruise over to the wharf, it was so beautiful we just cruised up and down a couple times. It was pretty crowded everywhere, I have a feeling this is going to be a good indication of what the summer is going to be like… At least the weather is nice. We cruised over to the boardwalk and I saw the "snake man" again. The first time I saw him he was on the wharf with just one snake and he was riding a bike, he was stopped at the end to let everybody hold the snake and take pictures… No thank you!
This time he had a whole wagon full of snakes, I still can't believe he trust them so much that is just letting anybody and everybody hold them and pet them. We cruised over to the boardwalk and it was pretty crowded but not too bad, we cruise down to the end and back and then cruised over to the wharf again before coming home. Meghan came in and put me to bed and fed Robby and I. I just watched TV for the rest of the evening.























I have this friend, his name is Foster. He started this nonprofit many many years ago with all these events to help differently abled people do what they've  always dreamed of. Another friend of mine, Roger, nominated him for a hi-five award that a local television station sponsors. I was invited to the ceremony but I was unable to go and I was really excited when I finally saw the commercial on TV…

http://www.kcba.com/community-service-awards/

1 comment:

betty said...

I agree with you, Tammie, about the snake man. I would stay as far away from him as I could! Such a pretty area where you live! Always like to see your pictures!

Happy Easter!

betty