Monday, April 24, 2017

Easter is over with, this year is going by so fast…

 Monday was a pretty good day. I wanted to get up but it just didn't happen and as it ended up it's a good thing because it rained more than it was supposed to. Karen came in and we did some personal care and a nice long hot bath, such a great feeling. The Woofpack came by and picked up Robby for his Monday hike, it rained so he got to try out his new raincoat… I'm sure he's not thrilled at all but he will have a good time. After the bath I was going to get up but we have more problems with personal care so I ended up staying in bed and listening to it rain outside the way open window, I love that sound! Rosa came in and fed Robby and I, brushed my teeth and wash my face. My mom came down and my aunt came over and we played a couple games of cribbage, I lost all of them.













Tuesday was a really good day. Cindy came in and fed Robby and I and got me dressed and up in the chair. It was a little overcast but it was supposed to be nice, Cindy took me to my appointment with Dr. Hurray my podiatrist. Robby always goes nuts when he sees him, it's just so darn cute. Before we left my friend Lisa messaged me and said that her son and her service dog Riggy were in a really bad car accident, she said somebody hit them in the car spun around four times... so scary! She said that she wasn't in the car but she fell a couple of days ago and she's going to have to go into the hospital so she asked me if I could take care of Riggy for a couple of days. I can't even imagine how scared she must be, it's just awful! Omar came over and we tried to find the little metal discs to put on Robby's caller so you can get in and out of the automatic dog door. I wanted to get a little bit of fresh air so I took Robby and cruised over to the wharf, we cruised down to the end and took some pictures of the beautiful clouds. I was going to go check out the boardwalk when I got a text from Justin, he was bringing Riggy over so we headed back. I got here and rested for a bit and I saw Justin pull in the driveway, he looked really exhausted. I hope him and his mom can both get some rest, they both need it really bad. Rosa came in and fed Robby and Riggy and then put me to bed and fed me. I'm not really very hungry, I'm so worried about Lisa and Justin, but I ate a little bit anyway.















Wednesday was such an awesome day. Karen came in and fed the boys and I, we did some personal care, nice long hot bath and she got me dressed and up in my chair. She gave Riggy a shower while I cruised around with Robby and then I brought Robby back and took Riggy out. I was curious how he would be trotting next to a power chair but he did pretty good, he is so awesome! I was wondering what everybody was thinking make cruising around the wharf with one dog and then coming back with another, Robby is white and Riggy is golden. I talked to Lisa and she said she is expecting to come home from the hospital on Friday, I hope she does only because it's better to be at home. I was going to go down to the boardwalk but I looked at my chair battery indicator and it said it was getting pretty low so I thought I should head back home. I sat out in the driveway with the boys for a while, none of us has seen in the sun for a while. Rosa came in and fed the boys and put me to bed. She was having her taxes done in Watsonville so she brought me some carnitas and made me a couple of tacos, they were amazing! She washed my face and brush my teeth and I was out…

Thursday was a pretty good day. Karen came in early to get me up so I can cruise around for a little bit before we go to visit Lisa in the hospital. After Karen got me up the groomer came to get Robby so I decided to take Riggy out for cruise before my appointment with Carol. We just cruise down to the wharf and back. After my appointment with Carol. Karen hung out with the boys so I didn't have to bring them to my appointment with Carol. I cruised back home and my mom took Riggy, Robby and I over to the hospital to visit Lisa. She looks really good and rested and boy was she glad to see Riggy and he was really glad to see her. As usual of course every corner we turned we can hear people saying "awwww" everybody just loves service dogs and these two are adorable! While we were there her son Justin came in and then left. He said that he felt better but I'm sure he has to be really sore. We got some coffee and a biscotti and took a break out on the patio before we left. We got home and Rosa was already here folding and putting away laundry. She fed the two dogs, put me to bed and then fed me. I watch TV until I fell asleep.






Friday was a really good day. Karen came in and got me up and I took the two boys for a cruise down to the wharf and back, I ran into Omar on the way back and had him take some pictures. They are so good just walking next to each other, they are just so darn cute. We cruised back and Dick and Cissy came by for a visit. Cissy painted all the rocks around my yard, just little characters and animals and they look so adorable! She had a bunch left over so she brought them over for me, I can't wait to see how they look in my yard. She had a really good time looking at the ones that she previously painted and remembering where she was during each one, I think that's about when she had her knee surgeries. We visited for a while and then I took the dogs back over to the wharf and back, it's a really nice wide trail over there and I'm afraid to go anywhere else because I'm not used to walking two dogs. We came back home and rested for a bit before Meaghan came in to feed the dogs and put me to bed. We did some personal care and of course my nice long hot bath sure felt great. During the bath and when she put me to bed I just couldn't keep my eyes open, she literally had to wake me up to eat dinner and then I was out again.


Saturday was a great day. Cindy came in and got me up and the Woofpack came to get Robby so Riggy and I cruised over to the wharf and then over to San Lorenzo Park for Earth Day. We cruised around for a while and then watched the recycled clothing fashion show and then had to come back home so we can be here when Robby gets back. After Robby came back we rested for a bit before Meaghan came in. When she went to empty my leg bag there was nothing in it, I thought that was weird but I did and deal once or twice. As soon as she got me undressed to go back to bed we can smell urine, we had to take the chair apart and take everything off and wash it… I probably won't get to get up tomorrow. She left everything out to dry and got me something to eat and I just watched TV for the rest of the evening.










































 Sunday was a nice relaxing day. Not because I wanted to be but because everything on my chair was still during, there would've been a really nice day to get out and cruise around. Cindy came in and fed the boys and I and cleaned out my refrigerator, it needed it really bad. I need to stop going to Costco and buying cheese, she threw away a lot of cheese… I really love cheese! She took Robby and Riggy for a cruise so they can at least get a little bit of exercise. Lisa is still in the hospital but doing better. Cindy put me on my side before she left, being soaked all day Saturday did some damage so probably have to spend a couple more days and bed. Monday Theresa is coming in and were training her to do mornings for when Karen goes on vacation, Theresa worked for me a while back but started calling in sick a lot when her daughter was sick and that's not good at night. After I get up in the morning if I don't have anybody to put me to bed it's a little scary, I need somebody I can count on. I hope this time she does better but at least if she doesn't come in to get me up I don't have to worry about trying to find somebody to put me to bed. I watched a movie called Shut In, it was pretty good but I won't watch it again. Meaghan came in and fed the boys and I and set me back up and put my chair back together. My uncle and aunt came over and we played a couple of games of cribbage, I love playing cribbage. I watched TV for a while until I fell asleep.










1 comment:

betty said...

That was a terrible accident with your friend! Glad you were able to help out by watching Riggy; I'm sure Robby enjoyed the companionship!

Robby did look cute in his raincoat. It is good that the woof pack come rain and shine. I'm sure Robby looks forward to the outings!

betty