Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Our first week of real sunshine…

 Monday was a pretty good day. Karen came in and fed Robby and I and we did some personal care and a bath, Robby went to hike with his Woofpack group. I thought about staying in bed but it was still early and I really did want to cruise around for a bit. When I don't have Robby a lot of people asked me where he is, I really didn't realize how many people notice us cruising around. I cruised through Depot Park, to the end of the boardwalk and back, to the end of the wharf and back and I was heading down towards the boardwalk again when Karen texted me and said she was getting ready to leave… I forgot to ask exactly what time they were going to bring Robby back and I needed somebody to be there. I came back and rested for a bit, I thought they were supposed to bring him back at 3 PM and I got a little nervous when it was 4 PM and they were back yet. A new person came to pick up Robby this morning, did I just hand my puppy to a stranger who came and knocked on my door?? No, he brought him back. At the end of the day they send pictures of the pack hanging out together, I swear you can just see the smile on Robby's face. Rosa came in and put me to bed and I pretty much fell right to sleep, I woke up a little bit later and watch TV for a while.

Tuesday was a pretty good day. Cindy came in and got me up and we went on some errands to pick up my tie-dye shirts from Jeremy at a brighter world, to do some grocery shopping at new leaf and to pick up a prescription at Safeway.  We came back and I rested for a bit and then Robby and I took off for a cruise down to the wharf and then to the boardwalk. I got as close as I could and took pictures but I could tell exactly what was going on on the beach, it looked like a Sandcastle building contest… I wish I could get closer. They are really making a lot of progress on the new entrance from the boardwalk, they have a pathway finished… It's very exciting! They were filming something off of the wharf, it looked like Channel 2 news. We cruised back and I watched TV for a while until Rosa came in to put me to bed. For some reason I have been falling asleep shortly after I get to bed, it's a great feeling.

Wednesday was a pretty great day. Karen came in and We did some personal care and I just took a quick shower because I was running a little late. She got me up and Robby and I took off to Dominican rehab for my appointment with Karen, the physical therapist that runs our support group. It's an examination for the FES cycle that I'm getting. When I made the appointment I forgot to find out where to go so I asked Roger and he said they were having a demonstration in the gym and he would have somebody take me to another room. As I was waiting I saw a very familiar face coming down the hallway, it was Darrell… Darrell worked at Valley Medical Center when I was there right after my spinal cord injury. He even recognized me, so many people have gone through the hospital and it made me feel good. He asked me how I liked my Google glass and asked if I still had my cool accessible house, I said yes and I loved the Google glass. He turned to the lady that was with him and said "this is the lady that owns the house of the pictures I use in my demonstration", I had forgotten all about that. It was really great to see him! The examination went pretty well except the therapist accidentally pulled off the hose to my automatic leg bag emptier and urine went everywhere, usually I am to get out before I go into a building but I didn't want to be late and I didn't know where exactly to go. Robby and I cruised home and waited for Rosa, she came in and put me to bed and I was so sore from all the exercise and cruising down to Dominican rehab so she rubbed my neck and shoulders with my cannabis cream it felt so much better after.

Thursday was a pretty good day. Karen came in and got me up and I cruised downtown for my appointment with Carol my psychologist, I haven't seen her for about three weeks so this session should go by fast. It went by fast. After my appointment Robby and I headed down towards the boardwalk, our cruise wasn't very long because I noticed that my chair didn't get charged last night so I wanted to get home before I got stranded. I ran into one of the ladies that works in the booth at the beginning of the wharf, she is such a sweet lady… I run into her every once in a while and she's just the kind of person that put you in a good mood. We cruised back home and I watched all of the episodes I had on TiVo for This is us, I watched all of them but one before but I wanted to catch up because I love the series so much. Rosa came in as I was watching the end of the last one and it cut out, I was so frustrated! I tried everything but I couldn't get the remote on my computer or the one on my phone to work. I finally talked Rosa through rebooting the DirecTV box and I watched it again and it wasn't what I thought, Jack gets killed and I thought I missed it but I guess they're not going to show that until next season. Rosa put me to bed and fed Robby and I and I was out.

Friday was a pretty good day. Karen came in and got me up and I did my exercises, even though my arms are fatigued and really sore… It is getting easier and that keeps me doing them. I've been doing half of them in the morning and then going out for cruise and then coming back and doing the rest, that seems to work out the best. Robby and I took off for a cruise down to the wharf, there were these guys with this really cool instrument… I can't remember what they're called but I seen them downtown before. We cruised over to the boardwalk and then downtown with my appointment at my new beauty salon. I've been having my hair done at my house for a couple of years but I got a shoe closet put in my bathroom and there's just no room anymore. Of course I was really anxious and nervous, I just wanted to run out of there but I didn't and I'm glad I did. There's always problems starting out, not really problems but whoever's doing my hair has to do some things a little differently than everyone else and it's really uncomfortable… It gets comfortable after they get used to it. She wanted me to lower my chair and I told her I can tilt back but I can't lower my chair so she had to go and ask somebody else how she was going to do the back of my hair. She was really nice and she did an excellent job! I cruised home and Meaghan put me to bed and then went home, she was sick a couple days this week so she needed to get some rest. I watched TV until I fell asleep.

Saturday was a nice relaxing day. Cindy came in and fed Robby and I and painted my finger and toenails, they look really cool! She put me on my side for the day. Omar came in, he got back from vacation last week but has been sick with the flu, luckily he's feeling a lot better. I thought it would be nice to sleep on and off all day but I just watched TV. I used to sleep on and off all day when I stayed in bed but I can't seem to do that anymore, I think it might be because I'm sleeping better at night since I started using the CPAP machine. Robby is off on his play date today, he was so excited when they came to pick him up. I love how he comes home all happy and tired.  They brought Robby back and he was happy and of course ready to eat. Meaghan came in and we did some personal care, I was so cold, and when she put me in the bathtub I just couldn't keep my eyes open and as soon as she put me to bed she fed me really fast before I fell asleep and I was out. I've noticed that when you get a pressure sore, at least I noticed for myself, that you give really cranky and a little depressed. I can't wait to get my new exercycle and start my exercise program again next week, right now I"m just sore and tired but I know it will turn into strength.

Sunday was another relaxing day. I slept really good all night long but I'm still tired and I can't figure out why, I have been sleeping really good but maybe it's just all of the exercise that I have been doing. Cindy came in and we shaved my legs and she put me on my side.  I try not to stay in bed longer than one day because I really get cranky and restless, even though nobody really has to see me it's a very frustrating feeling. Sometimes I can watch a movie or something but I always wonder why do I feel like this? It only takes one tiny little thing to frustrate me for the rest of the day, I wish I could figure out how to get away from that. A lot of people say "just don't let it" is it that simple?? Meaghan came in and set me back up, got Robby and I something to eat and then left. I watched TV for the rest of the evening.

1 comment:

betty said...

It does look like Robby has fun with his friends!! seems like it was a relatively good week for you, Tammie!