Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Back to normal for the rest of the week…

Monday was an awesome day. Karen came in and we did some personal care, it took such a long time, and then I got to take a nice long hot bath. And then personal-care again and it took all day. I was hoping to get up and go do something with my brothers but that didn't happen, I'm so bummed I lost a day because of personal care. I decided to stay in bed, sometimes it's just not worth getting up for only a couple of hours. We visited on and off during the day and it was really nice. I texted Rosa and told her she did not have to come in, I'm sure she enjoyed the evening off. I really can't remember what we ate, I'm getting so old.

Tuesday was a great day. Cindy came in and got me up and Stanley, David, Robby and I went for a nice long cruise. We went through the lagoon and then down to the end of the wharf and back, it was such a beautiful day. We stopped along the way to take pictures and just sit down and catch up for a while.  Rosa came in and put me to bed and ate some chili with us. On the way home from our cruise we decided to take the pulled pork and make chili out of it, that was really good. We visited for a little while longer and then they had to go, Stanley was going to drive David to the San Jose airport and then head on home. Such a great visit! I watch TV for quite a while before my mom came down to put on my snorkel and then I was out.

Wednesday was a pretty good day.  Susan messaged me and said that she wasn't going to come to give me a massage today because she was sick, I hear there's another round of bronchitis and pneumonia come in around again. Karen came in and we did some personal care and I got to take a nice long hot bath, my arms were really sore and I couldn't figure out why and then Karen said "you didn't take your gabapentin last night" that's why. Karen got me up and Robby and I went for a cruise through the lagoon, down to the end of the wharf and back down to the end of the boardwalk and back, they opened up the walkway through the boardwalk where they had it blocked off because of the new construction… I was so excited and felt so proud walking through the new area. It's supposed to be done this summer and I can't wait to see how it turns out. I came home and rested for a bit, ordered some tickets to go see Judy Collins in March with Julie. Rosa came in and put me to bed, she wanted to leave a little early so she could go to church… It's Ash Wednesday.

Thursday wasn't such a good day. I really really wanted to stay in bed, I just need one day of rest because this weekend and all next week is going to be really busy. Karen came in and got me up and I cruise downtown for my appointment with my psychologist, as soon as she saw me she said"I don't have you on the schedule for this week", one of us or both of us misunderstood so we left and cruised down to the wharf. My chair didn't get charged last night so I couldn't go too far, I was really bummed because it was such a nice warm beautiful day. I came home and watched nocturnal animals on pay-per-view, I tried to watch it last night but the volume was too low and I couldn't turn it up. It was a pretty good movie! Rosa came in and put me to bed and I watched Dr. Phil on TiVo for a while and then fell asleep.

Friday was a nice relaxing day. Karen came in and I decided to stay in bed, this weekend and next week is going to be really busy so I just wanted a day to relax and make lists. She put me on my side for the day and I just watch TV, I used to be able to sleep on and off all day but I just can't anymore. I feel healthier than I think I have ever felt in my life, I can't wait to get my FES cycle. Meaghan came in and we did some personal care and I got to take a nice long hot bath… The jets in my tab are not working but it's still nice to soak after we do personal care. I was going to watch a movie but I got to wound up in the Internet and making lists before I knew it I was asleep.

Saturday was a frustrating day. Cindy got stranded on Highway 17 coming back over the hill after taking her brother to work, she does so much for everyone. I want to get up and do some stuff before the neighborhood party tomorrow but I decided to just stay in bed, Cindy agreed to do some stuff so I didn't really need to get up.  Cindy got a lot done and I feel a lot better, except I have 2 cups of coffee and now I'm having an anxiety attack LOL. I really shouldn't stay in bed longer than one day, it makes me crazy. Meaghan came in and put me on my side for a while and then set me back up. Marshall and Elizabeth showed up and we visited for a while before we went to bed… Everybody was exhausted!

Sunday was a nerve-racking but exciting day. Cindy came in and got me up and we all went outside to set up for our neighborhood party, I supervised. This was the first neighborhood party that I have gone to end the first one at my house, I talked to Keresha and told her I would love to post it at my house. We got everything set up and it was a pretty good turnout, people were coming and going all day and it was nice to get a chance to talk to everyone. My friend Lisa came with her son Justin who Robby fell head over heels in love with, he just would not leave him alone… It was so adorable! Some of the people I knew, some of the people I pass by and say hello and I met some people I have never seen before. This is definitely something I want to do quarterly, it's nice to get to know your neighbors. My boyfriend and I have for 18 years always said "don't say hello to the neighbors" and "don't become friends with the neighbors" so I never did. Meaghan came in and put me to bed and helped clean up. The one thing I told her was I would love to host a party but I need somebody to help set up and clean up. I had a couple of volunteers and somebody to volunteer chairs and tables but thank God I had Marshall, Elizabeth and Cindy because nobody showed up to help. Marshall, Elizabeth and I watched TV for a while until we were all too sleepy and then we said good night. What a great day!

1 comment:

betty said...

How fun with the neighborhood party! Hope it is something that happens again! Glad you had nice time with your brothers and their visit.