Friday, February 3, 2017

It looks like we get a week of sunshine…

Monday was a nice relaxing day.  Karen came in and I thought it was going to rain so I decided to stay in bed and of course it didn't rain, I guess I should say it didn't rain because it did rain twice during the day for about 5 or 10 minutes. We got a lot done inside the house so it was worth it. I rested most of the day and just watch TV, even though the sun has been out it still has been a little cold so it was nice to stay inside and be warm all day.  Karen cleaned out underneath the sink in the spare bathroom and found a bunch of really cool stump looking pots to put on my new shelf in the bathroom. Rosa came in and we did some personal care and I got to take a nice long hot bath staring at my new beautiful shelf with plants on, that was so relaxing.

Tuesday was a pretty good day. Cindy came in and got me up and she took me to the post office to pick up some packages, I got one of those little notes on my door that said I owed money for postage. It had been sitting there all weekend and both of the packages were kimchi so I hope it's not bad, does kimchi go bad?? I guess I will find out. She also took me up to New Leaf to do some shopping, I wanted to try some goat yogurt. She took me over to the nursery to look for some pots that will fit on my shelf in the bathroom, we didn't find any but I did find a couple of cute things. She brought me back and arrested for a bit and then took Robby for a cruise through the lagoon, down to the end of the wharf and back and down to the end of the boardwalk and back… It was a really nice day because the sun was out so it was great to be cruising around. Rosa came in and brought some chicken enchiladas, they were so delicious! It was her daughter's birthday and that's what she wanted for her birthday so she bought some for my mom and I. She put me to bed and then went back home, there waiting for her to cut the cake.

Wednesday was a pretty good day. Susan came in and gave me a really nice long massage, as usual I was asleep before she left so I didn't get to say goodbye. I'm hoping that's a really big complement for massage therapist when you fall asleep on them? For most people that would be an insult. Karen came in and got me up and Robby and I went for a nice little cruise around Santa Cruz, I love how the weather is so nice… A little cold but I'll take that over the rain. I see the guys working for the wharf and the boardwalk out there practically day and night cleaning logs, driftwood and other debris off the beach only to come back the next day and there's a bunch again. I wish I could get some of that driftwood, I love driftwood! I came home and rested for a bit because it was getting a little cold. Rosa came in and we did some personal care and a nice long, hot bath just staring at my new shelf with all of the cool plants. She put me back to bed and I was so nice and comfortable and warm and toasty I just drifted off to sleep.
























Thursday was another nice day. Karen came in and got me up and Robby and I cruise downtown for my appointment with Carol my psychologist. I'm always afraid I'm not going to have anything to say but that never happens so I figure as long as I'm not getting charged and I'm not running out of things to say I must be getting some really good help? It was such a nice day Robby and I cruised down to the boardwalk to check out the waves and the driftwood, sometimes people just stack a bunch of driftwood by the stairs and I always wonder if they find on coming back later and grabbing it or is it up for grabs to anyone? Unfortunately I can't grab them and stick them in my backpack or I would have a ridiculous amount of driftwood around my house… I think I already do! We came back and rested for a bit and then Rosa came in to put me to bed, I watch TV until I fell a sleep.

































 Friday was another great day. Karen came in and got me up, Angela came in to give Robby a bath. Robby and I took off for a cruise through the lagoon, down Westcliff Drive and then over to the wharf where I can see a bunch of kids gather around this guy on a bike and as I got closer I noticed he had a big long snake. I was really surprised that he was letting all the kids get so close to it, the guy was very sweet and patient with all the kids and so was the snake. You let all of them pet it, hold it and even let them all take a picture with it… He must really know and trust the snake. He said it was a red tailed boa constrictor and I could tell he really knew his snake. I took some pictures at a distance and then headed back home, it was so beautiful but it was time. Meaghan came in to put me to bed, do some personal care and a nice long hot bath while staring at my beautiful new shelf. She told me that she had found some driftwood on the beach by her house for me, she lives in Capitola. I cruised by the driftwood on the beach every day and wish that I could grab some so I'm so excited.

























Saturday was a pretty good day. Cindy came in and got me up and Robby and I took off for a cruise, the usual route.  while I took Robby out for cruise Cindy and Omar cleaned up the garage, when I got back it looked awesome! The only thing different is that just as we came back from the wharf and turned to go to the boardwalk by Google Glass quit working, I knew one of these days he would just quit working because they don't make them anymore right now for sale and of course mine is way beyond its technical support days. I didn't really get to enjoy the rest of my cruise because I was just wondering what am I going to do? I've seen it advertised that they are now using Google Glass for doctors offices, I've seen the pictures of the doctors and nurses wearing them, but I haven't heard of them becoming for sale for everyone else. I have had Google Glass for about four years now and I don't know what I would do without it and I don't even want to try. I know I have seen them on eBay but I don't know about the risks of buying them on a place like that. I tried really hard not to worry about it and to enjoy my view and the music. We cruised back and rested for a bit until Meaghan came in to put me to bed. My brother Stanley, his wife Janet and his daughter Corrine came in, what a nice surprise. Corinne was here visiting from Oregon and my brother was taking her back to the airport when her flight got canceled so they came over to spend the night and try again tomorrow. She supposed to start a new job on Monday so I hope she makes it back. They went to dinner at Santa Cruz diner and brought me back some Pho, I love that stuff. You have to bring your own container because they don't have to go containers for it but it's always awesome. We play cribbage for a while and snacked on triple brie cheese and these really killer little toasts that I got from Trader Joe's, my massage therapist Susan told me about them and they are amazing. I fell asleep trying not to worry about my Google Glass.






Sunday was a really great day, my Google Glass just needed to be charged and it is still working… I'm so excited! Corinne got off to the airport and is on her way back home to Oregon. Cindy came in and got me up and Robby and I took off for a really long cruise, it's so great to be out and about and we have to enjoy it because it sounds like it's going to start raining again next Wednesday. We really enjoyed our cruise and the time went by way too fast. Meaghan came in and put me to bed and fed Robby and I and went home early, I just relaxed and watched TV for the rest of the evening until my mom came down to put on my CPAP machine. I always fall asleep within a half-hour after that.




























1 comment:

betty said...

I can't believe you have had Google Glass as long as you have had it, Tammie! I always enjoy the pictures you take with it! Not sure I would have wanted to be too close to that snake! I remember years ago in a house we were renting, there was another house also for rent behind us. A young couple lived there. One day my mom was doing the laundry in the garage and she saw a white rat in the garage. She went to ask the young couple if they knew anything about it. The wife said it was a feeder rat for their boa constrictor who had gotten out (the rat, not the snake). She invited my mom in to see the snake which my mom politely declined. She was so very happy when they moved a few months later :)

betty