Wednesday, April 27, 2016

This is going to be a perfect week…

Monday I decided to stay in bed. The Saratoga Mountain winery tickets go on sale for this season's concerts so I wanted to get tickets for a couple of concerts and I wanted to get good seats. Also, I have my over the phone interview with CCI, phase 2. I'm getting a little skin breakdown on my butt and I want to get control over it before it's too late. Karen came in and put me on my side and change the linen in the front bedroom to get ready for our next round of company, since the beginning of the year we have had a really nice flow of company… I love it! Robby is starting to not run away from Penny and I think it's so cute. I think that she has swatted him a couple of times before she got to know him and he's still a little leery of her but he's getting better.

Tuesday was a really great day. Lisa came in and got me up and my other friend Lisa came by with her service dog Rigs and we went on our first cruise around the lagoon. I had a spare chair so it was nice that Lisa didn't have to haul her chair all the way over here. She said she was pretty comfortable in it so we drove around in the driveway until she felt comfortable and then we took off. The weather was just perfect and we had a really good time cruising around and catching up. We came back home and Lisa left and I rested for a bit and then took off for my appointment with Jennifer to get my face waxed and a facial, I was so happy with the results after the first time and I was so excited about going back again. It's so nice not to have to hide my face in turtlenecks because of all the hair and fuzz. I have Lisa Drive me down there because I thought it was going to be hot but it wasn't so Robby and I just cruised home. When I got home Lisa was working outside cleaning up and planting plants that we got at Home Depot after Easter, she does such a good job. Rosa came in and put me to bed and we did some personal care and a shower. I have a really dull headache all day and sitting in the slaying while we did personal care and the shower was really painful, I was out as soon as I get the bad.

Wednesday was another fantastic day. Karen got me up and Robby and I took off for a cruise, I was going to go down to Dr. Owen's office to drop off some paperwork that I needed her to fill out for CCI… I just have the personal interview left and then I will be going to Santa Rosa for two weeks to get my new service dog! I'm trying to figure out how to rearrange my room to fit another crate. I was afraid it was going to be too hot and my chair is not really the best so I decided to wait and have Lisa drive me around tomorrow, I have a lot of errands to run. We cruised over to the Santa Cruz wharf, through the boardwalk, back down to the Santa Cruz wharf and then home. I have a phone interview at 2 PM with one of the counselors in the stroke and disabilities, Lisa was over there and telling me about all of the programs that they have and I was really excited, I have been wanting to get into a program like this for a long time and I'm really excited. The telephone interview went great and I am so excited to get started in June. They have counseling courses, upper body exercise, how to cope with anxiety and stress… Everything sounded great and I can hardly wait. Omar was outside starting to build a new barbecue and Lisa was outside replanting the succulents and making my yard looked beautiful. I was telling Lisa yesterday about the amazing crew that I have copied me out, I feel so lucky! Rosa came in and put me to bed and got me something to eat and I just relaxed for a little bit before Susan came in to give me a massage. The massage felt so great, I was really relaxed. Rosa sent me back up to the computer and again I was asleep before she left, I love it when I'm so busy that I just fall right to sleep as soon as we put on the CPAP machine.

Thursday was another great day, the weather was perfect! Karen came in and got me up and I cruised downtown for my appointment with Carol. After my appointment with Carol I cruised back home to tilt back and relieve the pressure off my butt, usually I stop somewhere and do it but since the bearings are going out on my chair I'm afraid to tilt back and get stuck somewhere in public… I would rather get stuck here at home. Robby and I took off for a little cruise down to the Santa Cruz wharf and to the boardwalk. It was such a beautiful day and everybody was in such a good mood. I came back home and Lisa came in to take me on some errands, she's going to start coming in on Thursdays to help me out around here… She's the only daytime caregiver I have that can drive. We took some paperwork from CCI down to Dr. Owen's office for her to fill out, dropped off a box at the post office, got some fruit at Trader Joe's, went to the nursery to show them samples of the leaves on my rosebushes… They have rust and aphids. Our last stop was at the hardware store next to the nursery to get some PVC pipe and those rubber stops that you put on the bottom of tables and chairs so I could make my commode chair a little bit higher. I love when I get everything on my list done in one day. Rosa came in and put me to bed and we did some personal care and I got to take a shower, I wanted to take a bath but it just takes too long and I don't get to bed to eat until eight or 8:30 PM. I watched TV for the rest of the evening.

Friday was a nice relaxing day. Karen came in and put me on my side since I decided to stay in bed. It was supposed to rain all day. My favorite time to stay in bed is when it's raining, I open all the windows and blinds and just listen to the rain and wind chimes and breathe the fresh air. Theresa came in and fed Robby and I and sat me back up and I just watched TV the rest of the evening.

Saturday was a really great day. My friend Andrea and her three boys came to visit for the day, they are also comfortable and easy to be around… That doesn't really happen that often for me. Her husband was like to come and take the three boys to the boardwalk to go on the rides and we were going to hang around and catch up and go over and hang out with them at the Boardwalk and then come back here and barbecue. Her husband wasn't feeling well so he stayed home so we took the boys over to the boardwalk, they had an all-day pass bracelet but when they looked online it said Limited rides so they left their passes at home thinking they would just go on a few rides because it's so expensive.  On our way down to the boardwalk we saw a bunch of little cars on the train tracks, we asked one of the guys standing around and they said it was a club. They buy retired track inspection cars and go all over the world trying them out on train tracks, it was pretty cool. When they got here we were told that it wasn't limited rides on the weekends, just during the week. She went ahead and bought the boys all-day wristbands and they really have a lot of fun. We went across the street and got some pizza and unfortunately I had to go home but they went back to the boardwalk and close the place down, they were so excited and had so much fun. Theresa came in and put me to bed and I waited for them to come back to say goodbye. Such a perfect day! Omar framed up everything for the barbecue and now I can kind of see where everything goes and it looks great, it's coming along so fast.

Sunday was another relaxing day. Cindy came in and I'm still just so tired I decided to stay in bed, I couldn't even keep my eyes open. It looked like it was going to be another beautiful day outside and I'll probably be sorry later by next week is going to be a busy week. I wanted to go check out the jazz on the Santa Cruz wharf and the salsa dancing on the boardwalk by the ideal restaurant but it probably would've just fell asleep in my chair anyway. Theresa came in and put me to bed and we did some personal care and I got to take a nice long hot bath and go back to bed and watch TV until I fell sleep.

1 comment:

betty said...

Robbie and Penny looked so cute together. I bet you are excited to meet your new service dog!