Sunday, April 17, 2016

A beautiful week in Santa Cruz…

Monday was a really great day. Karen came in and got me up and Robby and I went for a really long cruise through the lagoon, down Westwood Drive and back, down to the end of the Santa Cruz wharf and back, down to the end of the boardwalk and back and then home. I can see that they're setting up something on Cowell Beach but I couldn't tell what it was for. I came home and rested for a bit before Rosa came in to put me to bed and give me something to eat. I watched TV for a while and then fell asleep.







































Tuesday was a pretty good day. Lisa came in and got me up and took me to my appointment with Tom at Hanger prosthetics. He got a torso brace for me a few months back and it was perfect except for the hard plastic part in the back row so when you rent to return it of course it was discontinued and a replacement one that he got me just doesn't fit right, I think it's too small. He readjusted it and said that if I got a bigger size it wouldn't fit right so I'll try this one again. Meanwhile he sent the front of my hard plastic brace to two different places that said they couldn't fix it so he's going to try to fix it. We went to Trader Joe's and got some fruit and some granola… Among other things. We went over to cost plus world market to see if they had any more Easter decorations at 75% off, I notice them on Friday… They did so I bought a bunch more. Trader Joe's didn't have any blue berries so we decided to go to Costco and luckily they had them there, I also got a rotisserie chicken, some garlic bread, some cheese and some avocados. While we were at Costco we filled up my gas tank and then headed home. Luckily Lisa was still here when Rosa came in because she said she was feeling dizzy all day so Lisa agreed to put me to bed and Rosa went home, it makes me really nervous to have a character who is dizzy putting me to bed. I had some dinner and watched TV until I fell asleep.  When we got home I told Omar that Robby got into the cat box again and was really sick for two days so he put it up where hopefully Robby can't get at it.











Wednesday was a great day. Karen came in and we did some personal care and a nice long hot bath because we didn't get a chance to do it last night. Darren got me up and I cruised down to Dominican rehab for the support group, Roger emailed me and said that he would be there so it was the first time I ran the group by myself… I wasn't as nervous as I thought I would be. I met Victor on the way to the group and when I got there Lisa and Rigs were just getting out of her car so I took Robby to go potty and we headed inside where we ran into Ken. We didn't do the initial go around and introduce yourself because they were kind of already talking and nobody else showed up so since we all knew each other we just continued chatting. About three quarters of the way through the support group Sacha showed up, it was really great to see her… She is so sweet. It got to be 3 o'clock and Victor said he had to go and so did Sasha but before she left she said she had a sweater in her bag that she wanted Lisa to put in my bag, Karen interviewed with her last week for caregiving job so I assume that Karen had left the sweater at her house and she wanted me to return it to her. She said that I complimented her on a sweater that she had on some she bought one for me, I couldn't believe that… That was so thoughtful and sweet. All day long I had chills and a headache so by the time I got home I was miserable, I know I drank a lot of water and there was nothing in my leg bag so that can only mean one thing… There is a kink in my house and the urine is going back up into my kidneys. I came home and had my mom come down and check and sure enough, there was a kink in the hose so she fixed it. I message Rosa this morning to see if she needed the day off and I should have Karen come in but she didn't message me back until 3:50 so I assume she was coming in. I messaged Karen but she didn't answer so I started to panic. I waited a while and then messaged Karen again and she answered and said she did get my first text, I was so relieved. Karen came back and put me to bed and got me something to eat.







Thursday was a really great day. Karen came in and got me up and I headed downtown for my appointment with Carol the psychologist. I found out yesterday what was going on down at the beach and I guess it's going on for a week. The wounded warriors were spending the week at the beach surfing so after my appointment I headed down there to watch them have fun but I was too late. I got some pictures of everybody leaving and I got a sweatshirt and a half, I hope my need it down here to see them, I saw a news clip on one of the news channels and it looked like everybody was having so much fun. I cruise down to the end of the Santa Cruz wharf and back and then down to the end of the boardwalk and back and then home. Rosa came in and we did some personal care and I took a shower and went back to bed and ate. At the end of the day I was very frustrated so I took lorazepam and hopefully I will calm down and go to sleep.


























Friday was another really great day. Karen came in and got me up and Robby and I cruised over to pet smart to practice leaving people, dogs and crinkling bags alone… Robby is doing really good. We cruised along the San Lorenzo reservoir through the boardwalk, down to the end of the Santa Cruz wharf and back home. Daniel came by with batteries and other accessories for my spare chair. While he was here he looked at my usual chair and said the ball bearings are going out and I should try not to tilt back until they can fix it, good thing I have brand-new batteries in my spare chair. Theresa came in and put me to bed and I was pretty much out. I guess sometime during the brother Stanley came down for a visit.













Saturday was a very exciting day. Cindy came in and got me up and Omar took me to barbecues galore in Palo Alto to pick out my new barbecue ensemble, it was a lot smaller than I thought which is good because I get overwhelmed with too many choices. I found a really nice barbecue with rotisserie and a side burner with a lifetime warranty. Omar said the assembly will go really fast, he will be back on Tuesday to start. He took me by where he works to show me around, what a gorgeous place. It's all multimillion dollar homes built around a luxurious golf course. He does a lot of maintenance there as well as the Santa Cruz wharf, he is a busy guy. We came home and Theresa put me to bed and we did some personal care and I have to take a nice long hot bath. Corrine and Nathan came in and watch daddy's home with me, it was a funny movie.


Sunday was a relaxing day. I was supposed to babysit Rigs but Lisa ended up not going to Carmel so I decided to just stay in bed and rest my butt. Cindy came in and flipped me on my side and I just watched TV and caught up on my blog the rest of the day. Omar came by with my barbecue ensemble, he had to go back and pick it up today because it was so heavy. He sent me a picture of what it looks like all put together in the store, I'm so excited yesterday I forgot to take a picture. Theresa came in and flip me back on my butt and got me some banana nut decaffeinated coffee.  My mom, Stanley, Corrine and Nathan decided to order some pizza from upper crust so of course I had to eat some. My blood sugar has been higher than I like it to be so starting tomorrow I'm going to stick with the meals that the chef is preparing for me and nothing else. Everybody went home and I have my place to myself in for a little over a week.

1 comment:

betty said...

That is a nice looking barbecue! I had to laugh about Robbie getting into the cat box; sounds unappealing to me, but I guess not to him :)

betty