Sunday, April 10, 2016

The weather is getting beautiful…

Monday was a really good day. Karen came in and got me up and Robby and I went for a cruise through the lagoon, down Westwood Drive and back, to the end of the Santa Cruz wharf and back, to the end of the boardwalk and back and then home… What a gorgeous day! Shaggy and Scooby-Doo have been at the Boardwalk and I have been trying to get up enough nerve to get Robby's picture taken with them and I finally did it. There was nobody around so I just asked and they are very sweet about it and I got a few pictures. That really made my day! We cruised back home and passed JohnPatrick and Sara on their way downtown to do some shopping. We rested for a bit and Fred and Joanne came my to say goodbye, they had been staying with my uncle and aunt for about five weeks and it was time for them to go home. Rosa came in to put me to bed and we decided to order pizza, hot wings, dessert pizza and cheesecake… It was so delicious! I was pretty tired so again I fell right to sleep.

Tuesday was another great day, the weather just keeps getting warmer and warmer. Lisa came in and got me up and took me over to my appointment with Dr. Hurray, I just love this guy and so does Robby. While we were sitting in the lobby waiting for my appointment the door opened and Robby heard Dr. Hurray's voice and jumped up and looked around. I told Dr. Hurray that Robby was retiring and he took a bunch of pictures with Robby and asked me to please keep bringing Robby in even though he is retired. After my appointment we came back here to take JohnPatrick and Sara to Zachary's for breakfast, I love this place! I always order the frittata with fruit and honey molasses toast. Their version of eggs Benedict is out of this world, I think I'll start ordering that. We came back home and I rested for a bit and it was such a beautiful day I decided to take Robby for a cruise through the lagoon, along W. Cliff Dr., to the end of the Santa Cruz wharf and to the end of the boardwalk… I think they are starting to build the stage for the concerts on the beach!  Ever since I got my chair back I have been noticing a really loud clicking noise when I lean back or forward so I called Numotion and told Yvonne and she said "that doesn't sound good, we are really busy and I can't get anyone out there for a week" I hope my chair doesn't break again while I'm waiting. Maybe I shouldn't be using it but surely they can't expect me to stay in bed for a week??' I rested again before Rosa came in And we all decided to cruise down to the little Mexican restaurant a couple blocks down, their food is excellent! I got a vegetable quesadilla with avocado.  Omar was here making a form for the concrete he's going to pour for my new barbecue station. After we ate Rosa put me to bed, do some personal care and a nice long hot bath. I have been following right to sleep!

Wednesday was really hot! I think it got up to 90° here, totally out of the blue. I decided to wear one of my dresses but then chose to wear a pair of really warm yoga pants, luckily Karen came in and got me up early so I could cruise around before it got too hot. Robby and I took off for the lagoon, Westcliff Drive and the Santa Cruz wharf… That's as far as we made it before it started getting really hot and I was worried about the pavement on Robby's feet so we came home. We decided to order pizza, hot wings, cheesecake and Nutella pizza from upper crust pizza. Rosa came in and put me to bed and I ate way too much again.

Thursday was a really good day. Stanley came back last night to drive JohnPatrick and Sara to the airport for their flight home, I'm so glad they came to visit because it gave me a chance to get to know my nephew again and to get to know one of his very best friends. Karen came in and got me up just as my psychologist office called to cancel my appointment, I have to keep reminding myself to not go because I forget everything. Robby and I took off for our usual cruise around Santa Cruz. On the way back I ran into Jake from the souvenir store on the Santa Cruz wharf, I haven't seen him for a while. He said he was just coming from the pharmacy and we got to talk for a little bit before I had to come home for my appointment with Kay. She had had a really bad week and I really felt bad for her. She got fired and somebody is filing a lawsuit with her dogs. Last time she was here she put way too much red in my hair so I made sure that I told her that I want to stay away from red for a while. Rosa came in to put me to bed and of course the necessary personal care topped off with an awesome, relaxing bath. After she put me to bed I fell right to sleep.

Friday was a pretty good day. Keri came in and got me up and Robby and I cruised over to petsmart to practice being around other dogs, kids and dog food and treats without that breaking his concentration… He's getting better. I didn't have my Google Glass on today because it's supposed to rain so I don't have a beautiful pictures to share. After we left petsmart we cruised over to that Santa Cruz wharf and cruised around there for a while and then cruised around the boardwalk for a while before coming home to rest for a bit before Theresa came in. Theresa came in and put me to bed and got Robby and I something to eat. It was nice to just relax and watch TV until I fell asleep.

Saturday was a great day. My mom came down and fed Robby and I because Karen was like to come in later so I can get up later and go to the Derby girls, I'm really excited to introduce Lisa to the Derby girls… Come to find out her daughter in law is trying out for them. We decided to take the boys, Rigs and Robby played in the yard for a while and they were both very good boys. It was nice to see Alex, he was working first aid there. I could tell that Lisa really liked it, I'm so glad I have somebody to share it with. We came back here and Lisa went home and Theresa came in to put me to bed and I fell asleep before she left.

Sunday was a relaxing day. Karen came in and fed Robby and I and put me on my side and elsewhere I stayed until Theresa came in and fed Robby and I and we did some personal care, a nice long hot bath and back to bed.

1 comment:

betty said...

The pictures are great this week, Tammie, especially Robbie with Shaggy and Scooby Do! Did seem like a nice week for you!