Monday, March 14, 2016

Thunderstorms all week…

 Monday was a pretty good day. Karen came in and got me up, it was so nice to get out of this bed and cruise around a little bit. Daniel from Numotion came by to see what parts he needed to order for my chair, the same thing happened to it last year. They said it was from driving around in a tilt position but I don't do that anymore. I can imagine why it keeps breaking is very frustrating… And expensive. Luckily it still under warranty but I think it's just because the terrain around Santa Cruz is so rough. Daniel said it's going to take about 2 to 6 weeks to get the parts to fix my chair. It's going to take a while to get used to my spare chair but it's not going to be as hard as I thought it would be, luckily my custom cushion fits on it so I don't have to worry about skin breakdowns. I cruised around for a couple of hours and then Karen put me back to bed just in time for the rain. I watched TV for the rest of the day, I haven't watched this much TV in a long time. I watched a great movie called "the room" it was captivating, usually while I'm watching TV I'm on the computer and doing other stuff but I could take my eyes away from the TV. Rosa came in and fed Robby and I and then Susan came over to give me a much-needed massage, it was painful but good.  While Susan was giving me a massage Rosa started decorating for Easter! After Susan left Rosa set me back up to the computer and then she went home. Amazon echo joke of the day…I couldn't figure out why the baseball kept getting bigger and then it hit me

Tuesday was a pretty boring day. Lisa came in and got me up and finished decorating for Easter. There is a big difference between wanting to stay in bed and when you have to stay in bed, it's always nice and relaxing when you want to say in bed but for some reason when you have to stay in bed it's very frustrating… If you have to stay in bed for more than a couple days it just seems to be bad mentally and physically. We charged my spare chair overnight, actually for a couple of nights, but I only made it over to the Santa Cruz wharf and back… About 3 miles. I thought maybe it was because the chair wasn't plugged in properly and I hope that's what it is. It sure is not fit to my body and the first day out I had to stop and tilt back about every 10 minutes because my head was falling forward and it was really hurting my neck and shoulders. I was hoping it was going to be comfortable enough so I could make it to the support group tomorrow but it doesn't look like I'm going to make it. Rosa came in and put me to bed, by that time I was so ready to go back to bed. We had some personal care and I got to take a nice long hot bath, neck and my shoulders are just really hurting. I have been really obsessive and cranky about the way the ladies are doing my care and about my house and I don't like it. I'm trying to look up ways I can call myself for being so stressed. Rosa said that they had a conference in the care facility where she works and they were saying that when the patient's are in chronic pain they get really cranky and frustrated, I hope that that is what is happening to me because I don't want to be that cranky person that nobody wants to be around. I know my neck, shoulders, and an arms are in a lot of pain from staying in bed and in the uncomfortable chair but if the rest of my body was in pain I would never know. What's more amazing than a talking dog? a spelling bee...

Wednesday was a pretty frustrating day. I got up still with the hopes that I could make it down to the support group but after cruising around for only 10 minutes I knew that wasn't going to happen, my body just can't do it. I cruised down to the Santa Cruz wharf and back and my battery was already dead, I barely made it back. I was going to have Karen but me back to bed but I wanted to try to get used to the chair a little bit so I stayed up until Rosa got here and she put me to bed and got me something to eat. Susan came in to give me another massage and she said that my back, neck and shoulders were full of knots and trying to work them out as much as she could. Because I got a massage on Monday everything that she touched, where I have feeling, hurt really bad but I was hoping it would relieve some of the pain the next day. Rosa sent me back up to the computer and then went home, days like this it's really better that I not have people around me because I'm just so cranky. My mom brought me down in lumbar pillow that my aunt and uncle gave her when they were here visiting to see if it would help me set up straighter so there was not so much strain on my shoulders and neck. What do you call a snarky criminal going down the stairs? A condescending criminal descending…

Thursday was the best day so far this week. The lumbar pillow really helped a lot, I couldn't tilt my chair back too much out in public because I couldn't reach the joystick to sit back up but I was a lot more comfortable. We  have been having to put rubber soccer pads under my shoes because the foot pedals on the chair are too long, whoever had this chair before me was very tall… Having a spinal for injury and being tall is not a good mix. Robby and I cruised over to the Santa Cruz wharf, down to the end and back, and then down to the end of the boardwalk and back.  I noticed while driving over there that Robby kept dropping his head like he did when he had the sore neck so I came home and called his vet. On the way back I noticed that my chair was almost on empty, I forgot to check it after I got to the Santa Cruz wharf. I feared the whole way back that my chair would just die and thought about what I would do if that happened. I made it home. Lisa came over and painted my nails for Easter, she did them like those speckled malted ball eggs… It looks really awesome! Fred and JoAnn came over to visit for a while, I just love those guys. Rosie came in and got me something to eat and then we did some personal care and I couldn't wait to take a bath and go back to bed… My head, shoulders and arms were in so much pain I ended up taking one of Robby's muscle relaxes, we gave him one also. it helped but I just wanted to get back to bed where I didn't have to move anything. What do you call a Siegel that flies over the bay? And bagel...Today is the 21st anniversary of the accident that broke my neck and put me in this chair but I have no complaints, I have a great life!

Friday was an okay day. I decided to just stay in bed and cancel my appointment with Janice from pet smart, she was going to help me work on Robby's obsessive interest in people and what they have in their hands that he developed when he was sick and had to be fed three or four times a day. Westside animal hospital was also supposed to call if they could get Robby in but I could just have my mom take him down, is only a few blocks away. I looked at the weather couple of times and it was pretty much supposed to rain all day long, it's more comfortable to just stay in bed. I am really having a lot of fun with the Amazon echo, I'm trying to learn all of the really cool stuff that it does but my very favorite is it will tell you jokes, some of them are really funny and here is my favorite so far… Why was the sand wet? Because the seaweed.  Theresa came in and did what she needed to do and left, her father is visiting so she wanted to get back and spend time with him. I watched TV and spent way too much time on Facebook.

I was contacted by a lady in Los Gatos, I went to high school with her and was recently reconnected, that wants to start a community program and as part of it she would like to help people with different abilities.  She is a real go-getter and get stuff done. She organized a fund-raising event for CCI at the Music in the Park in Los Gatos last year. Maybe do tasks for people who can’t afford it, like errands, light housekeeping, organizing, claiming chair and car… Stuff like that. I think that is such a great idea and she seems to have a lot of people wanting to help.

Saturday was a very frustrating day. I had plans to take Robby to the vet, his neck seems to be hurting him again, and to go see the Derby girls second bout but Cindy messaged me and said she wasn't feeling well… I wish you wouldn't wait until two minutes before her shift so I could have found somebody else but that's not the way it happened. Karen had a friend visiting so I just had to face it, I'm going to be stuck in bed and no derby girls. My mom came down and got Robby and I something to eat and then later took Robby to the vet for me, they want Robby to rest and take muscle relaxers and painkillers for five days. I wrote CCI and told them I think it's time to retire him. Omar came in and fixed my Jacuzzi tub, the wireless slow coming out of the faucet. He did a few other things, it sure is nice to have him back, I noticed a lot of driftwood on the beach so he's going to find me some really good pieces. Theresa came in and put me on my side for a bit and then set me back up, not much else to do since I was stuck in bed. Corrine and Nathan came from Modesto to go to the Derby girls about and hang out for a couple of days, it's so nice that she can come down and visit by herself and we can go places. They ended up going to the Derby girls bout by themselves and bringing me back Derby girls sliders from Surfriders Café, sliders with Gorgonzola cheese and bacon bits… And fries.

Sunday was another frustrating day but it rained all day and Robby needed to rest anyway so I'm just going to enjoy it. My mom, Nathan and Corrine went to breakfast at Santa Cruz diner and brought something back for me. Theresa came in and we did some personal care and I got to take a nice long, hot relaxing bath… It felt great! I just watched TV the rest of the evening.

1 comment:

betty said...

I liked all your jokes you put in here, Tammie, and such pretty Easter decorations!! Sorry about your chair though; it does sound so frustrating to deal with!