Monday, March 21, 2016

More rain, just keep it coming…

 Monday was a pretty good day. Karen came in and got me up and wanted to take Robby for a little cruise because he is on bed rest for five days, the vet gave him muscle relaxers and pain pills. By the time we got over to the lagoon he was dropping his head a little bit so we came back home, I don't think we will try any exercise until Wednesday.  Karen put me back to bed and I had a bunch of phone calls that I needed to make, I really hate the phone but I made myself do it and I felt great after everything was done.  I called DirecT because the storm knocked our dish and the cable wasn't working, they send somebody out right away. I called AT&T because my front door is not working and they said I needed to find a contractor because it's the door that's crocked. I wanted to find out about a luxury box or luxury seating for AT&T stadium For a concert in September, it's called San Francisco Fest and is going to be featuring the Doobie Brothers, journey, Steve Miller band… And a couple more. It sounds amazing! I have never tried luxury seating before but it sounds pretty cool. I got as much information over the weekend as I saw I didn't look like I don't know what I'm doing because I don't. I called and the guy was very nice and very helpful, he said that the boxes and suites are first offered to the season-ticket holders but if there is any left you would call me and give me a chance. I also called to book a hotel in Oregon for the wedding in July, I got a room for Karen, Lisa and I and one for my mom and my brother David. I also called and equipment rental place nearby hotel to rent a Hoyer lift. I am pretty darn proud of myself, usually I try to get somebody to do it for me but I think I did a great job. I gave Rosa the evening off because there wasn't much to do since I stayed in bed. My aunt made some corn beef and cabbage with carrots, potatoes and onions… It was so good!

Tuesday was a pretty good day. Lisa came in and fed Robby and I and put me on my side for a while, usually when I stay in bed for an extended period of time I get a pressure sore and bloated but for some reason this time I'm doing really good… I think it's all the good food and the new supplement. Lisa painted my toenails to match my fingernails, I am already for the bridal shower this weekend… I even picked out my outfit already. Omar Took apart the door hardware and found a broken piece and replace it and now the door works! Omar is awesome! He also changed the faucet in my tub, the cold water wasn't working anymore. He also cleaned out the sink faucets, when they changed the hot water heater they didn't flush out the water and dirt and rocks clogged up the end of them. He changed a couple of light bulbs and some other stuff, is so great to have him back… I never letting him leave again. Rosa came in and we did some personal care and I got to take a nice long hot bath and go back to bed, I was out.

Wednesday was such a great day. I met Lisa a year ago through Roger, she was a registered nurse, a therapist, a hospice nurse… She was a busy lady and then she got rheumatoid arthritis. We have talked a lot on Facebook and through emails and even met one time a couple of months ago at one of our support groups, we get along really well and have a lot in common… I don't meet many people like that. She contacted me because she wanted to find out about getting a CCI dog and we became fast friends. She got her canine companion from CCI couple of weeks ago and brought him over today to meet Robby and I, he is adorable! Robby has a new best friend. It was nice to spend time with Lisa and Rigs and get to know them a little bit more. We have a lot of the same ideas and goals and I hope that we can accomplish all or most of them, it's going to be fun trying. After Lisa left I watch TV and rested for a bit before Rosa came in to put me to bed and feed Robby and I.  Susan came in to give me a massage, my body is still really sore from having to drive around in this chair… I want my old chair back!

 Thursday was a pretty good day. Karen came in and got me up and Robby and I cruised downtown to meet with Carol, my psychologist. I have a lot of good news as well and a lot of bad news so the time went by really fast. I came home and rested for a bit and read my email before Rosa came in. I have a bunch of paperwork from CCI to fill out, one to retire Robby which means I can no longer use his vest for his certificate and the other is an application for my successor dog. I am so relieved that they're not going to make me re-home Robby, that would just break my heart… It would be like giving up my son.  Unfortunately we couldn't cruise around too much because my chair doesn't make it that far so we cruised back home and Kay came over to do my hair, it was a little bit more red than I like… I think next time I'm going to go back to blonde and light brown. While Kay was doing my hair my neighbor from when I lived in San Jose, Jerry, came by. I have not seen him since he got gastric bypass surgery and he looks amazing and so happy. We got to visit for a while and it was great. Rosa came in and put me to bed and we get some personal care and I got to take a nice long hot bath. Elizabeth messaged me and said that her, her husband and a couple of friends that came in from out of town wanted to come to Santa Cruz and cruise through the redwoods and have a barbecue here, finally we get to use my backyard! I also invited Lisa and Rigs, it is going to be so much fun.

Friday was a pretty good day. Karen came in and got me up and I headed over to pet smart to talk to Janice, I wanted some good tips on how to get Robby to quit being so food obsessive. Ever since he's been sick and having to eat more than twice a day he looks for food she showed me a couple of things to work with him on. We cruise on home and rested for a bit before Theresa came in to put me to bed. Fred and Joanne came over to visit for a bit and after everybody's left I was so relaxed I just fell asleep.

Saturday was a really great day. Lisa, Elizabeth, her husband Marshall and three other friends of theirs from out of town came over for a barbecue. Marshall made pork chops with onions and apples on the barbecue and he also made green beans and mashed potatoes… It was so good. I can't believe I wasn't even nervous, usually when I'm having people over I'm a nervous wreck on the inside but I can't wait to get out and visit with everybody. Omar came in and cleaned up the porch and the barbecue area and we just have a really good time not to mention an excellent dinner. Fred And Joanne came over to meet Lisa and her new service dog Rigs, of course he fell instantly in love. My aunt came over to visit for a bit and she took the young couple over to her house for a tour and show them her garden. They went by really fast and before I knew it Theresa was coming in to point me to bed. We did some personal care and I got to take a nice long hot bath. What a great relaxing day!

 Sunday was a pretty good day.  Cindy came in and got me up and I went to Modesto with my mom and my aunt for Mackenzie's bridal shower. It took a lot longer to get there and we anticipate because the traffic was awful… I think we ran into three accidents. The shower started at 1 PM but we can get there until almost 2 PM everybody was starting to get worried,. I was going to bring Robby and the guys were going to watch him but I decided to just leave him here and Karen babysat him for me. We didn't get to stay very long, we had to leave at 3:30 PM in order to get back here by 6:00 PM for my caregiver. I'm really glad I went, it was great to see everybody and they had five or six different kinds of salads and the guy who owned the house makes killer homemade bread… I only ate two pieces but I wanted to be more. Janet made the desert and it was awesome! She put them in little Mason jars on the bottom was a Brownie and on top was butter cream frosting mixed with peanut butter… It was amazing! We came home and Theresa for me to bed and I started to watch the movie sisters but fell asleep.

1 comment:

betty said...

I am glad you won't have to rehome Robbie; I agree, that would be really sad. I remember your post telling about him all those years ago. Glad you were able to go to the shower for a bit and enjoy your time there!