Monday, March 7, 2016

It's going to be a beautiful week…

 Monday was a great day! Karin came in and I thought about staying in bed because my stomach has been making really weird gurgling noises and I was just exhausted. Karen kind of talk to me in to getting up and I'm glad she did, it turned out to be a gorgeous day! After getting up Robby and I took off for a really long cruise. We cruised through the lagoon, down Westcliff Drive almost to the second dog Beach and back, down to the end of the wharf and back and down to the end of the boardwalk and back. For Monday it seemed to be pretty crowded around Santa Cruz, I wonder if it's a holiday? I have a feeling that this summer is going to be really crowded around here. A couple of times cruising through Bay St., Park I ran into about three ladies and each of them walking several dogs, such a cute little group. I would like to give Robby in on that just to make him more comfortable around other dogs, one of these days I'll get up the nerve to ask them about it. Some days Robby is just fine with other dogs, we can go by a bunch of dogs and he barely even looks, every once in a while he will just see a dog and jump straight up in the air and bark… I don't know what's going through this silly mind. We came back home and rested for a bit before Rosa came in to put me to bed. I'm so glad I decided to get up!


Tuesday was an okay day. I thought the AT&T was going to come out and put a keyless entry on the door from my bedroom to outside and make it so I can open the garage door with my computer but I didn't write it down, I usually write everything down or else I forget. I decided to stay in bed. Lisa came in and she took all of the covers off of everything on my chair and washed it, same with the spare chair in the garage. Omar came in and it was really great to see him, he went to Mexico for a month to work on his house. He said he got a lot done but not as much as he wanted to. He fixed a couple of things but was really tired so he will be back on Saturday. Rosa came in and we did some personal care and I got to take a nice long hot bath, after that I was so relaxed I was out before she left.

Wednesday was a great day!  The guy from AT&T came by but he couldn't really do anything because my back door is so messed up and won't really close that good they can't put our keyless entry lock so I have to find somebody to fix the door. He couldn't make it so my garage door will open with the computer because they are equipment is not compatible so basically he repositioned one of the cameras and that's all he could do.  Robby and I cruised through the lagoon, down W. Cliff Dr. a little bit, down to the end of the boardwalk, down seven Lorenzo reservoir to pet smart to meet up with Janice. I wanted to talk to her a little bit about Robby and I wanted to look at some cat Trees for Penny, I think you can look a lot nicer than the disaster she has going on on my back porch now. We cruised back home through downtown and when we got home Lisa was outside washing my van, it really needed it… I don't think it has been washed for two or three months. There was a company that came out and washed it once a month but they quit coming out when the drought came and I haven't heard from them since. Rosa came in and put me to bed and fed Robby and I and Lee and Claudia came over to play cribbage, I haven't seen leave for a while and it was nice to see him again. I didn't win that much but I always have fun playing an even more fun eating the snacks, I try to be really good when nobody's around so I can cheat a little bit when we have company. After everybody left I must have been more tired than I thought because I was out shortly after they left.

Thursday was a miserable day. Karen came in and got me up and I took off for my appointment downtown with Carol. All the way downtown I felt like I was leaning a lot to the right so when I got there I asked Carol and sure enough something was wrong with my chair again. After my appointment and came straight home and had my mom take pictures of my chair, sure enough I was leaning way over to the right… My right arm rests was just about even with my cushion. The first thing I did was call Numotion and leave a message and then I sent them pictures through the email and surprisingly enough they got right back to me and she said they would send Daniel out Monday morning, I have never gotten this fast of service. It's going to suck having to say in bed all weekend and I hope it doesn't take too long to get whatever part and get it fixed. Luckily Lisa was here when I got back and she agreed to put me to bed, saved by Lisa again. I was able to relax and watch television or a little while before Rosa came in and fed us. We did some personal care and I got to take a nice long hot bath and wash my hair, I usually wait and wash my hair in the morning so I don't have the marks from the CPAP machine in my hair the next day but since I knew I wasn't getting up anyway it was nice to have everything clean at the same time.

Friday was an okay day. Karen came in and turn me on my side for a while and then sat me back up to the computer. She made Robby some soup and cut up a bunch of fruit. Lisa came in to take my brace to get exchanged, drop off a package for me at UPS and go by pet smart to get a cat Tree for Penny. I can already tell that this is going to be a long and boring weekend, I'm already crazy antsy. Theresa texted me and said that her sinuses were bothering her and she wasn't going to come in, this is getting really old. It would be a lot easier if she would call me early in the morning before I had a chance to get up but it still not okay, I need somebody was going to come in and work when they are supposed to. I dozed on and off and watched a lot of TV. Lisa fed Robby before she left. My mom came down and brought me some coffee and I had some nuts. I watched more TV.

Saturday was a pretty boring day. Cindy came in and put me on my side for a couple of hours and then set me back up. Omar came in, it was really nice to see him. He didn't get as much done as he wanted to buy this house in Mexico but he did put in a bar made of cement, it looks really awesome! Theresa came in and we did some personal care, I would have preferred not to because I had a really bad headache but we had to do it so we did it. I took a couple of PMs finally and that helped.

Sunday was another long boring day. Cindy came in and we did the flash and go, it's supposed to keep hair from growing and I think it works pretty good but we just need to be consistent. The rest of the day I watched TV and was kind of glad that I didn't get up because the weather has been really bad here… I just opened all the windows and listened to the storm.  My aunt came over and showed me some pictures of the birthday cake her granddaughters and her son's fiancée made for her, it was adorable. They even dressed up the puppy. Theresa came in and we didn't do much because another storm was coming and I wanted to make sure she got home before it started.

1 comment:

betty said...

We had some storms too last night that included lightening and thunder and cooler weather! Hoping your chair does get fixed quickly so you can be up and about, cruising around the area :)