Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Our last week with David and Melissa…

Monday was a really good day. Karen came in and got me up and they took Robby for a short cruise to the wharf and back… It was such a wonderful day. David and I took my mom to Ramos furniture store because she wanted to find new furniture for her living room. They are such a great selection and she found one that she loved so we came back and David measure her living room and it was a perfect fit so they went back and bought it to be delivered tomorrow. Rosa and Theresa came in to put me to bed, I think Theresa is going to work out great. I am so excited that everything is working out, no more stress and anxiety.

 Tuesday was a good day. Karen came in and got me up and I took Robby for a cruise, unfortunately I didn't have my Google Glass because it didn't get fully charged from the day before… I really feel weird without my Google Glass anymore. We went on our regular cruise accept the lagoon because they are still working on that, I can't wait to see it but I'm going to miss the old beautiful wood. Omar came in and we decided to switch around my van in the barbecue equipment in the pergola and I think it looks great, even though I can't take a picture. I came home and rested for a bit and then Rosa and Theresa came in to put me to bed, do some personal care and give me a nice long hot bath.

 Wednesday was yet another gorgeous day. Karen came and got me up and I took Robby for a really long cruise around Santa Cruz, our normal route. I really love the way the new barbecue area looks. Karen planted a bunch of seeds and I had around here on Monday and they are already sprouting. A bunch of different colored roses and some climbing vines. Rosa came in and put me to bed and David and Melissa made a killer dinner for my mom and I, scrambled eggs, bacon, homemade cinnamon rolls and strawberry margaritas… It was awesome!

 Thursday was a great day but went by way to fast. Karen came in and got me up and went to my weekly appointment with my psychologist, I had so much good news to tell her. After my appointment I cruised over to the Civic Auditorium to buy another ticket for the derby girls bout on Saturday, David and Melissa have a friend visiting so we take her to see the bout. I came home and rested for a bit and then Kay came by to die and cut my hair, I love the way it looks. Rosa came in and put me to bed and we did some personal care and of course a nice long hot bath. We caught another raccoon on the back porch and Omar took it to Watsonville and dropped it off where he dropped off the other ones, they are so adorable and I wish they were not so destructible.

 Friday was a pretty good day but really HOT, is got up to 92°. Karen came in and got me up and Robby and I went for as long as we could and then just came home.  We can't yet another raccoon and Omar came to him to his new home. We were all going to go out to dinner but it was just too hot so David and Melissa went up to Berger. and got dinner. I had koby sliders and tater tots, I have not had a burger or tots for such a long time and it was so good. David, Melissa and I watched bridesmaids… They couldn't believe I had never seen it before. Theresa came in and put me to bed. Omar also works at the Boardwalk and runs the tractor that smooth out the sand on the beach, he always makes such beautiful straight lines and he gets really annoyed when other people don't make it look as nice.

Saturday what's up pretty good day. Karen and Cindy came in to get me up, Cindy came in so that Karen could show her how to do my personal care… it's so nice with everybody knows how to do everything. I got to take a nice long hot bath before I got up so it was nice. I thought I was going to be really hot again and it was a little bit warm but there was a breeze. I took Robby for a cruise through the Lagoon, Down W. Cliff Dr. A little bit and back and to the end of the wharf and back. David, Melissa, Melissa's friend and I went to Pono's Hawaiian grill for dinner and it was so delicious, I love this place. I had a spicy scallops bowl and wanted to eat it all but I didn't. After that we went over to the Civic Auditorium to watch the Santa Cruz Derby girls versus some team in Oakland. All of the other bouts I went with Teresa and she put me to bed so I couldn't remember how long they were and asked my evening caregiver to be here at 8 PM, thebout and at 8:30 PM. I tried to text my evening caregiver but she didn't answer me so I just came on home, it was halftime. She didn't answer me because she was on her way driving here and when I got back she was waiting outside so it's a good thing I came back. She put me to bed and I fell right to sleep.

Sunday was a really great day! A day I have been waiting for for a long time. I have been talking to a classmate from high school, Elizabeth for a while now on Facebook and I finally not only got to meet her but she put together a fundraising event for team Robby for dog fest walk and roll at that music in the park in Los Gatos. We invited some CCI graduates and puppy raisers and it was really awesome. Elizabeth's idea was to have the kids draw pictures of the service dogs and service dogs in training and auction off, such a great idea and everybody loved it. David, Melissa and Lindsey went with Robby and I and we all had such a great time listening to music, visiting with each other and talking to people about CCI. I thought I was going to have to get up in front of people and talk about CCI but there was a representative that is used to doing it and She did such a great job, I was much more relaxed knowing that I didn't have to talk in front of people. We raised $353 for CCI DogFest Walk N Roll! We went to happy hound got hamburgers and french fries afterwards, when I went to high school in Los Gatos happy hound was the place to go for lunch. We came home Theresa put me to bed… a great ending to a great week.


betty said...

How cool that the fundraiser was successful like it was Tammie! Looked like everyone was having a lot of fun! I do like your new hair cut! Robbie looked like he was having fun visiting with people and then rolling on the grass in some of the other pictures :)

I can't believe all the raccoons you guys have caught!


Anonymous said...

Cute haircut.
Huge raccoon!
Robbie acts like a cat in some photos.