Wednesday, August 26, 2015

It's supposed to cool down this week…

 Monday was a pretty good day. Karen came in and got me up and I want to go outside to check progress on our raccoon capture, the little guy not only escaped by me ripped an electrical cord out of the wall and through the cage and tore it up. Susan, my massage therapist, drove me to Santa Clara to the Westfield Valley fair Mall where we had a killer lunch at the cheesecake factory. After lunch we cruised over to the mall to meet with CCI to get Robby rectified. Of course right before we got there somebody with one of those large poodles leaped and barked at Robby and got both of us wound up. He didn't do so good at retrieving a pen off of the floor and I just couldn't make him calm down. They were also concerned about his weight, they want him to slim down a little. I'm always so nervous and that doesn't help either. We came back home and I rested for a bit before Rosa came in, it was a lot cooler today than it has been the last couple days. Rosa put me to bed and gotten something to eat. I'm trying out this local chef and so far the meals are really incredible, I'm really excited about this new food. We did some personal care and I got to take a nice long hot bath… I slept great.







Tuesday was a pretty good day.  Karen came in and got me up and ready for the day.  I have an appointment with the sleep study Center and it went pretty good, I feel so much better since I got my CPAP machine… It's amazing! My mom took me to the appointment. The weather was gorgeous song just wanted to cruise around all day. Robby and I cruised through the la almost all the way to natural Bridges Beach at the end of Westcliff Drive and back and down to the end of the wharf and back. It was starting to get warm so we came on home. I rested for a bit and watched TV and then Rosa came in and put me to bed, I fell sleep and didn't even hear David and Melissa come back home at 1:30 AM… Usually the chimes on the door wake me up.





























Wednesday was another really great day. Karen came in and got me up and I took Robby for a cruise before Daniel from numotion came by to fix my chair, it seems like it's always something.  I wanted to cruise down to the place where I usually get my blood drawn see if they were back in business, they closed up remodeling or something… They are still closed. On the way back we cruised through San Lorenzo Park, when I saw the geese I wanted to turnaround because I know geese are really mean but they were afraid of my chair.  I came back home and rested for a bit and then Daniel came by to replace the ankle straps and the bad cable and now it's time for a new actuator, tires all around and the case on my joystick is cracking… Probably from running into to many things. Karen was outside planting a bunch of seeds that I bought over the years, it's kind of a nice surprise to see what starts growing with the ones that are not labled.  David, Melissa and I cruised down to the farmers market to get some fruit and salad stuff. They have this really awesome truck that rotisserie's chicken and let the juice drip onto these fingerling potatoes and they are so killer, they now have baby back barbecue ribs so that's what we have for dinner. Rosa came in to train the new girl Teresa, she seems to be really eager and confident… I like that. The food from this new chef is really good, I am liking it.



















Thursday was a great day, the weather was beautiful. Karen came in I got me up I went to see Carol, my psychologist. I took last Thursday off from seeing her because Robert and McKenzie we're visiting, they were only here for a couple of days so I wanted to be sure and spend as much time as I could with them. After my appointment I cruised over to the wharf and I ran into Candy, the receptionist at Robby's vet, she was on her break and pushing a stroller down the sidewalk. I didn't recognize her at first because the stroller threw me off but then I realized it was a dog stroller. I continue on my way to the wharf and when I was crossing the street I heard somebody say" hello Tammie Lou" it was my occupational therapist from Valley Medical Center Carol Adler. She was visiting a friend who was housesitting in Santa Cruz… what perfect timing. I cruised down to the end of that wharf and back, to the end of the Boardwalk and back and then down San Lorenzo reservoir bike path to downtown and then back home. I rested for a bit and then Rosa came in to train the new girl how to do my personal care how to get me a nice long hot bath, Teresa is picking stuff up really quick.












Friday was a great day, the weather was beautiful and Robby and I are feeling great. Karen came in and got me up and I took Robby for a nice long cruise, our favorite route of course… minus the water side of the Lagoon since they are redoing the boardwalk. They're replacing it with that plastic stuff that they're using now to replace what, I don't think it looks as good made it last longer and since they didn't ask me… my mom and I check David and Melissa to Laili's for dinner for Melissa's birthday. I love that place so much and I am never disappointed, everybody else loved what they have also. I had a pomegranate eggplant with chard and basmati rice with saffron… I get that every time we go there. We miss the concert again, tonight was blue oyster cult, but we had a great time.


































Saturday was a great day also, all around. Stanley, Janet and Corinne came down to spend the night and to wish Melissa a Happy birthday. Cindy came in and got me up and I took Robby for a cruise Down to the wharf and back. Stanly, David, my mom and I cruise over to costco look at a sleeper sofa for my mom, she's ready for change. Unfortunately they were out one that would have fit in her living room. We got some steaks and came home and David barbecued for everyone, again didn't a perfect job. Janet made some corn on the cob and a salad and we had some roasted potatoes from the farmers market… everything was really good. Rosa came in and put me too bed and I went right to sleep.





Sunday was such a nice day, the weather was so beautiful we decided to take a drive out past Carmel to Rocky Point Restaurant...this is always been one of my favorite place to go. It turned out to be a really beautiful day and really beautiful ride. The chef from the restaurant came out and talk to everybody, he recommended the escargot and only three of us were brave enough to try it, it was really good. All you could really taste was butter and garlic everything gave you some bread to soak it up with. I had a crab/ shrimp Louie and it was excellent. Everybody really enjoyed themselves, the dinner and the view was beautiful… we even saw a couple of whales. On the way back we decided to stop at a Fruit/vegetable stand and everything there looked amazing and was so inexpensive, it was hard to decide what to get. We came back home and Rosa came in and put me to bed. My brother, Janet and Corinne took off to go home. We took out some spareribs that we were going to have for dinner but everybody was still so full that we never got around to cooking and eating them. We also got some artichokes from the fruit/vegetable stand that we didn't get to eat either.
























1 comment:

betty said...

I've said it before, Tammie, but you do live in such a pretty part of California :) All the food you describe sounds absolutely yummy too! It is too bad for Robbie to be re-certified that they can't come to your house or something in his own environment so that it could be less stressful.

betty