Sunday, September 20, 2015

Back to normal after a great weekend...

Monday was a nice day. I thought I was going to rain and I was exhausted so I decided to stay in bed. Lisa came in to give Karen a day off and fed Robby and I and did a few things around here like clean my refrigerator. While I was looking for a chef I found a lady on yelp who sounded like she was very knowledgeable in a lot of things, she said she was too busy to cook for me at the time but she would help me out with trying to find out the right supplements and diet for me… mostly with my gas and bloating problems. The first time I met with her I screwed up the scheduling and I was more concerned about my caregiver and the lady we were training having to wait for me so I couldn't really pay that much attention to what she was saying, I couldn't concentrate. Today was a lot nicer and I got a lot out of it, I think she helped me get rid of about half of my supplements so I'm really excited about that. Rosa came in I fed Robby and I and put me on my side for a while.

Tuesday what's kind of a bittersweet day. Lisa came in and got me up and took me over to see Doctor Hurray, it is always so cool to see him and everybody there is always so nice. I saw Bob there, I'm ready to give now and then in Santa Cruz. I didn't get to say hello because we just kept passing to each other. Lisa drove me back and got me some lunch and then I took off for a cruise with Robby, we cruise through the Lagoon, down Westcliff, to the end of the wharf and back and to the boardwalk and back. I made an appointment with Robby to see Dr. Dave at Westside animal hospital, in the last week Robby has thrown up three times. They took abdominal x-rays, blood tests and an ultrasound and said that he looked like he had kind of fuzzy stuff in his belly. At first they thought it was food but he ate at 7 AM you should still have food digesting in his belly so they were afraid either he ate a stuffed animal or he has pancreatitis again. The doctor wants me to retire Robby. I tomorrow all the tests come in the doctor will know more. Bill came by to fix my lift and gave me the lecture again about bumping it to charge every time somebody goes by, we will Try that again. Rosa came in and put me to bed, we did some personal care and I got to take a nice long hot bath.

Wednesday was a pretty good day. Karen came in and got me up so I can cruise around for a couple of hours and break in my cushion a little bit more, so far no breakdowns from it. I have been so sad that I lost the federal express receipt for my glass and today Karen looked it up on my Bank of America Account and the tracking number was right there… I couldn't believe it, I'm so excited. I cruised over to the Metro bus station to see if I can get another ID from the Para Cruz transportation and it was closed, it opened back up at 1 PM but I have to be back Home by 1 PM so I guess I'll go tomorrow. Omar was fixing my shower tub hose, it broke last night. We also decided what color to paint the fence in the front yard… finally! I think I'm just going to go ahead and paint it the same color as the house. Karen put me back to bed and Dr. Dave called as said Robbie did not have pancreatitis again but they wanted to do an ultrasound to you find out why this food is not digesting like it should and then we can talk about whether Robby should retire or not.

Thursday was a pretty good day. Karen came in and got me up and took Robby back to the vet, and wanted to do an ultrasound to help figure out what is wrong with him. I didn't like the way they shaved his belly, they got really close and he had an abrasion. They said that he had nodules on his liver but they couldn't find anything else wrong with him, they said they wanted to wait a month and give him another ultrasound and if the nodules are bigger they will give him a biopsy and see if they are cancerous. When I moved here eight years ago I lost my service dog Brodie to cancer. I went to my psychology appointment by myself, I'm always amazed how many people recognize me while cruising around and ask about Robby when he is not with me. I came home and rested for a bit and I saw the chef dropping off some food on the back porch so I went out to say hello, I didn't get the chance to meet him before so I was nice to finally meet him. I thanked him and told him that I was really enjoying everything. He made some soy chocolate and lime mousse and it was really good but I shouldn't have that much soy so he said that he was going to try making some avocado mousse, I can't wait to try that. Omar brought me some fresh cod that he caught up on Tuesday and I can't wait to try it, I didn't know that codfish was blue and then it turns white when you cook it. Kay came in and colored my hair and did some highlights, I love the way she does my hair. Rosa came in and put me to bed and we didn't some personal care and I got to take a nice long hot bath, I slept great.

Friday was another great day although it did get a lot warmer than it has been. Susan came and and gave me a massage, I was always tense in the beginning and now I'm making myself relax and by the time she leaves are usually asleep. Karen came in and got me up and I took Robby for a nice little cruise around Santa Cruz. I meant to ask the vet how much exercise he should have but I forgot, I will call them on Monday. Robby and I came back and hung out and watched TV because it was too hot. Theresa came in and put me to bed and cooked the fish that Omar brought me. She cooked it with mushrooms and onions and it was delicious.

Saturday I decided to just stay in bed, at 9 AM it was already really hot and if I'm not going to be cruising around it's more comfortable to just stay in bed. Robby and I just lounged around and watched TV. I talk to Omar for a while, we're trying to figure out the best way to get the paint off of the fences to put on a different color. We were looking at a sandblaster and I came across a baking soda blaster, that sounds a lot less toxic. I think we've agreed on a color, we're going to do it the same color as the trim on the house. Theresa came in and we did some personal care and I got to take a nice long hot bath, she finished everything in record time. My aunt came over and brought some more tomatoes and butter lettuce, I am really enjoying all of these fresh vegetables, the tomatoes I just eat like candy and the lettuce I use as bread for my sandwiches. Corinne and about four of her friends went to the Monterey Bay aquarium and then stay the night here, I didn't get a chance to say hello to them but I hope they had a really great time.

Sunday was going to be another hot day so I just decided just stay in bed again. Cindy came in and fed Robby and I and put me on my side, I pretty much slept the whole day so I went by really fast. Sue came by to say hello and pick up the girls, the girls were staying with my mom on and off the last couple of days. Theresa came in and fed Robby and I and the rest of the day I just relaxed.


betty said...

Oh Tammie, I hope you won't have to retire Robbie, but I know everyone is concerned about his health. I do remember when you lost Brodie; can't believe it was that long ago.


chippertue said...

Life seems to fly by so fast...

susie said...

Is that flower on the cactus real?? It looks too perfect.