Monday, June 15, 2015

Cold and Misty weather again…

 Monday was a pretty good day. Karen got me dressed then left because it was her boyfriend's birthday and she wanted to go home early and fix him dinner. Teresa came in to help me out because Andrei and Todd were coming over to readjust my back rest and my cushion. It's a little frustrating because everyone seems to think that this backrest is going to solve all my problems and I won't have to wear a hard brace, my back is really floppy and I just seem to have more control with the hard brace on… The backrest does make me sit up straight. After the guys left it was to hot to go anywhere, it was 78° outside, so I decided to go back to bed and hope and pray that my wheelchair is going to be comfortable tomorrow. I watched TV for a while and then Rosa came in. We did some personal care and I got to take a nice long hot bath. Lexi was staying here because she was having an operation on her ankle but apparently after her surgery her grandparents from her mother's side picked her up at the hospital and took her home with them, not sure who planned it or whose idea it was.

Tuesday was a great day. Ability Tools asked me to demonstrate Google glass at the Roberts campus in Berkeley, I love telling people how amazing Google glass is… Especially differently abled people. I'm always nervous when giving a demonstration and strangely I'm not always as smooth as I now when I am practicing by myself. They were all very interesting and that helped and I think I did pretty well. On the way home we stopped by Ranch 99 in Milpitas to get some Ramen soup, when we got there there were so many places to choose from we decided we were just going to have to choose one and then come back to try all the rest. One thing I like about the shopping center like the is that they have pictures of food on the Windows that actually look like with the food looks like when it comes to your table. Teresa and I, Teresa drove me to the campus, both ordered spicy Ramen and I think it was a little bit too spicy for both of us. They also give you three potstickers, of course they call them something else, and three pieces of California roll. I think up to dates this was the best Ramen we have found, it was really good. They also gave you little tubs of kimchi… What more could you ask for? We drove home and I think barely missed traffic. Ross and came in and put me to bed and I think I was so cold that as soon as I was in bed with my electric throw in my heated neck below that I was out immediately.

Wednesday was an awesome day. Karen came in got me up and we started picking out outfits to pack for our trip to Oregon, it's getting so close so fast. A lot of the dresses and skirts we are going to have Catalina cut and sew up the back so they will be easier to put on… I'm so glad we found her because she is very talented. Seth came over to say hello and I had to go. Of course it started sprinkling on my way and when I got there Roger told me I could wait outside in the garden, it's kind of therapy garden… With stairs, ramps and bridges for people in recovery therapy. It was so beautiful, I had never been out there before and now I want that in my backyard. There was a Koi pond and a waterfall, it was just so peaceful. This was our third, and I think our best support group so far. About 11 people showed up and we had such a great time chatting and sharing stories that the time just went by really fast. Foster from Shared Adventures came by to drop off some calendars and to tell us about the up-and-coming Day on the Beach. This year Day on the Beach is going to be July 18th, unfortunately the day that I decided I was going to have a barbecue for everybody that works for me. I really don't want to miss the fun watching everybody on the beach so going to have to reschedule the barbecue. Robby and I cruised home just in time to meet Daniel from Numotion in the driveway. I purposely called to tell them exactly what was wrong with my chair so that they can hopefully bring the parts and fix it one of course he did not, he filled out the paperwork to order the parts. I was getting a window on my display on my chair that says "PM bad cable", my ankle strap was broken and by headrest keeps falling off because it has the wrong screws in it. I guess I'll have to wait until the parts come in, I am not really worried about the ankle strap but the error message on my driving display makes me nervous… I'm going to be so irritated if my chair shuts down while in out driving around some, especially since I told him exactly what I needed… Why does nobody ever listen to me?? I rested for a bit and then Rosa came in to put me to bed, do some personal care and then my beloved nice long hot bath. Usually we do the personal care and bath on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Saturdays but since I had to go to Berkeley on Tuesday and Rosa is off on Thursday we switched the schedule around. I slept great.

Thursday was a pretty good day. Karen came in and gotten dressed and up and I was off to my appointment with my psychologist. After the psychologist and went down to the AT&T store to see if they could fix my phone, the battery keeps running out faster every day. Of course they tried to sell me a new cell phone but I have it mounted between the arm rest and the joystick on the right side of my chair and I wasn't sure if it would fit, the new ones are a little bit longer and thinner. He took the battery out and put it back in, I was thinking maybe it got jiggled loose and that might fix the problem. We cruised over to the wharf and then back home. Rosa came in and put me to bed and the rest of the evening was just relaxing and watching television.

Friday was a pretty miserable day. I'm not supposed to wear a hard brace with my new backrest so I tried to know wear it and I look like a giant bobblehead and it was extremely uncomfortable. I took Robby for cruise through the lagoon and over to the wharf but it was just so uncomfortable that I came back and just watched TV for the rest of the day. Elena came in to put me to bed and boy was I glad to see her, this is your first time here solo and she didn't really great… I am not even surprised. I thought maybe I was starting to get sick and I really had a miserable night.

Saturday was also pretty miserable. My plan was to get up and go back to the AT&T store and get the OtterBox for the newest phone and bring it back and see if Omar can install it on my chair and see if it fits, it expects I will just go back and get the newest version and not have to worry about it for another couple of years. None of that happened… I was really miserable and we didn't have any progress with my personal care so I just decided to stay in bed. Teresa came in and we tried a little bit more to do some personal care but it just wasn't happening so she sent me back up and watch TV the rest of the evening. At least I got to take a nice long hot bath.

Sunday morning was another pretty miserable day. Karen came in and we tried some personal care again and this time we were successful, such a huge relief and I felt so much better. Unfortunately by the time we finished it was too late to get up. Karen took Robby for a walk so he doesn't get so restless. I swear tomorrow we're getting back into our old routine. Elana came in to feed Robby and I and set me up for the evening. Usually it takes a while for me to feel comfortable around new caregivers but she is so sweet and caring that I look forward to seeing her.

1 comment:

betty said...

Sorry you had a few miserable days, Tammie, but I bet you are excited about going to Oregon :) How fun with the demonstration you did on the Google Glass! You do take great pictures with it!!