Friday, April 4, 2014

It's so nice to be getting back to my old self…

 Monday was not supposed to rain but it did. I had to get out because José from Hill-Rom was coming to do the same general maintenance on my bed. The rails are getting harder to put up and the wheels weren't moving as smoothly as they used to. Of course the rails this just from use and he just squirted some oil on them and he took the wheels off and guess what was all in the wheels?? Dog hair Of course. He also ordered me a new cover for my mattress because it's getting loose and calibrated my scale, she is such a sweet guy and always so pleasant and cheerful. Bringing me a cleaning solution that may have for the mattress because we're using Clorox wipes and there seems to be a gritty film developing. Of course after he left it started raining and didn't stop for the rest of the evening so we didn't get to go out and go for a cruise. Rosa came and put me to bed and I think I was asleep before she left. I have a Jacuzzi tub and was supposed to put powdered dishwashing soap and bleach in it once a month and run it with hot water but of course we always forget so little fragments of pond scum were shooting out for the Jets, Teresa said that's probably why I got sick. Rosa took a little brush and was in there scrubbing all the jets out, I'm glad she loves to have everything so clean.

Tuesday was supposed to rain so I decided to stay in bed, and not only didn't rain but the sun is out and it was nice. Karen came in and we got a couple of things clean and organized, that always feels good. We also did some personal care so that all I have to do tonight is relax and take a nice long hot bath when Rosa gets here. When Rosa came in I was so ready for a nice long hot bath, it felt so good and now I am so relaxed.

Wednesday was a very frustrating day. Daniel came to see if he could figure out why my batteries were charging and fixed the lateral on my leg. He said that he called the manufacturer and they said that a battery charge will only let me go about 10 miles and that's on a flat surface, and have this chair for two years and I know until recently I've been able to go at least 14 miles today. He said since Santa Cruz is not flat 7 miles is all I should be able to go. He changed out my batteries anyway but told me that I couldn't go anywhere until they charged for about 12 hours, I was already dressed and ready to get in my chair. Safeway came to deliver my groceries and they didn't have any yogurt, I already made out my menu for the week so now I have to change it. Generally that wouldn't be a big deal but I'm still trying to get the hang of what I can eat and what I can't and how much. I did find out that I can eat pickles and olives for a snack, I love those. I buy them a lot but always forget that they're in the refrigerator, it's kind of nice to make a meal plan every day. My blood sugar has been really low and I hope my abdominal scan next week so we'll see how severe my diabetes really is. Rosa came in and got Robby and I something to eat and cleaned up my room a little bit so the gang can come over and play cards tonight, Claudia was my partner and we lost three dollars.

Thursday the weather was beautiful and I couldn't wait to get out of here and cruise around with Robby. Kay came over to die and cut my hair, every time she comes over I love my hair even more. She brought her two little dogs, they are so cute but the little one is afraid that Robby is going to step on him because Robby was a little rambunctious. After Kay left I talked to Otis, the guy that takes care of my yard, for a while. I hadn't seen him for a long time and I always just love talking to him, I could talk to him forever but I don't want to get in his way. He reminds me of the dog whisperer, he always has fostered dogs and they are always so well behaved. I took Robby for cruise through the lagoon and Seth texted me and said he was on his way to an interview over by the Boardwalk so I cruised over there with him. I wasn't sure how long the interview was ever take and I had to get back home because I have an appointment with the sleep disorder Center so I said goodbye and wished him luck and came on back home. He texted me as soon as I got home and said he was finished. The interview went well, they remembered his sister and Rebecca and Heather. He goes back for another interview and I'm pretty sure that they will hire him, he is very charming and polite. When they got back home I noticed that my brand-new batteries fully recharged yesterday were almost dead after 4 miles, I am getting so tired of this. I called and left another message so I guess we'll see what happens. Teresa took me over to the sleep disorders Center and I met with the specialists and he asked me the same exact questions that he asked me last time I was there. Then he said we had to come back for another CPAP test, I don't know why they just didn't have it ready right there so we didn't have to come back. He said I have pretty severe sleep apnea and hopefully the CPAP machine is going to help me out a lot. I'm excited to try it. Teresa came by to put me to bed and noticed that I have an open wound on my butt, I really don't want to start with this again. I've been losing some weight so I'm afraid that something got pinched or the skin is getting baggy and got folded but I guess I could to look forward to staying off of it for a couple of days to see what happens.

Friday was another day spent in bed. I just have a blister that broke on my butt but I can't take the chance of it getting any worse so I need to turn and stay on my side as much as possible. Karen came in Friday morning and we did some personal care and I stayed on my side for about six hours and then I sat up and watched TV the rest of the day. I've been wanting to watch frozen because everybody keeps saying that it's so good but every time I try to watch it I fall asleep. Shawna came in Friday night and put me on my side for another three hours.

Saturday I was getting ready to get up and there was a knock on the door, Omar is back. I thought he was supposed to be gone for three months but he said no only a month and a half, it was great to see him back. He cleaned up the back porch and moved the furniture out so it's not all bunched up, and looks great out there. He brought me back some driftwood logs for my friend yard. Got me up and I took Robby for cruise through the lagoon, to the end of the wharf and back and down by the Boardwalk where I saw another driftwood log that I wanted for my front yard. I told Omar I would take a picture of it so he could grab it for me tomorrow while he's at work. I came back and visited with Tom and Kelly for a while and then Shauna called and said that she didn't feel very good and wanted to come in early to put me to bed. I had her put me to bed and called my mom down to finish feeding me. My uncle and aunt came over to play a couple games of cribbage, my aunt was my partner and I think I lost a couple of dollars but we always have fun.

Sunday was such a beautiful day. It was so great to get up and out of your for a long cruise. I got this new machine that cuts your ankles and kindness snake/shakes your whole body, it's supposed to be good for circulation, supposed to make you relax and it's supposed to be good for your back and neck… We will see. It's hard for me to tell if it's doing anything so I asked Karen to try it and she said that it was relaxing and I made you breathe deeply but we only have it on low, this week we will try it on high and see what happens. Robby and I cruised through the lagoon and up around the circle church houses, a while back I found a little park with the community garden and I really would love to find that again so I'm searching. I ended up at Westcliff so I cruised down the beach, it was so beautiful. I stopped a couple of times to lay back and just enjoy the day and watch the ocean and everybody having so much fun. We cruise down to the wharf and laid back there couple of times to enjoy the sun, I think it was about 72° out today. We came home and practiced a couple of commands and came inside to cool off. Teresa came to put me to bed but she had fallen in her bathroom and she had bruises all over. She put me to bed and cooked a couple of things and then went home, I'm afraid she's going to be really sore tomorrow.

No comments: