Sunday, October 6, 2013

The weather is starting to get nice again…

Monday was a really good day. I was supposed to go to lunch with Heather but that didn't work out. I was in the living room talking to Heather and Kelly and Kelly suggested we go see a movie, we have only been to the movies once since they have been here. We decided to go see we are the Miller's, it was even funnier that I had imagined it would be. After the movie we went to Santa Cruz roasting company and got some coffee and then cruised home. Rosa came by and put me to bed and I just rested for the rest of the evening, what a great day.

Tuesday was a really great day. The contractor came by to talk about putting a window that opens in my room, they're going to do it possibly Friday, and widening the door so I can take my bed out on the back porch. Teresa came in early and Omar brought a friend over so we could take a bunch of stuff to storage and start decorating for Halloween outside. They cleared out the front yard and by the time I got back from taking Robby for a long Cruise most of it was done and it looked AMAZING. Teresa finished up most of the front yard and we decided to order a meatball sandwich and salad to split. Teresa put me to bed and we did some personal care I got a nice long hot. I can't wait to take more pictures with Google glass in the morning.

Wednesday was another great day, The weather was a little cold but nice. I took Robby for very long cruise through the lagoon, down to the end of the wharf and back and down to the end of the boardwalk and back. I met Tom and Kelly down at the farmers market and we had lunch. This time I have brown rice with kimchi and a fried egg, it was so delicious Kelly and I split that and a Vietnamese sandwich with no bread, I'm trying to cut down on bread. I came home and rest for a while and then Rosa came and put me to bed. It was just my uncle and aunt and my mom and I for cribbage that evening, my mom was my partner and we lost three dollars.

Thursday was another beautiful day. And that Kelly at Abby's café for a couple coffee and then we went on to Costco. we didn't try a lot of the samples but we got a lot of stuff. We came back and Teresa was here so she put me to bed, we did some personal care and I got to take a nice hot bath.

Friday was a super Great day. The guys came in to change out the window in my bedroom, now it opens. I took Robbie for a cruise and then met Teresa and Karen at Costco and we got a bunch of shopping done, I think we got supplies for a couple of weeks.We took the rest of my Halloween decorations to storage so we have some room in the garage. Teresa and Karen did some more decorating, it looks amazing. Teresa put me to bed and rest the rest of the evening, what a great week.

Saturday was such a great day. Teresa got me dressed up and up and we went to Scotts Valley for the glass pumpkin festival, everything was so beautiful. They had everything laid out around the grass so it was a little hard for me to get around but I found one that I like. I came back and rested for a while and then my mom, Tom and I went to that KOA campgrounds in Watsonville to meet up with my cousin Rich and his family. I haven't been camping since I was a little girl and boy has everything changed. Hardly anybody uses text anymore, there were a bunch of motorhomes and now they even have little cabins. I was thrilled to see that a lot of traffic happens when wheelchair accessible. They also had a miniature golf course and a bounce house, it's not really a house but you can bounce on the ground... the kids absolutely loved it. We hang out and visited for a while and then ate chili, hot dogs and sure pasta salad. I took Robby and went for a cruise around the campgrounds and was just so impressed by everything. They say they're going to do it a lot more often and I am glad because it really was next, and only 10 minutes away. I came home and Rosa put me to bed and we did some personal care and I got a nice long hot bath. Just as we were getting me out of the bathtub the ceiling lift broke, we tried a couple of different things but eventually had to call my mom and Kelly to come and help me out of the tub and into the bed. I was a little sore, and I'm sure they were also, but it was great to be back to bed.

Sunday went by really fast. My lift still wasn't working very good, it was charged but not going up and down. I had already decided to stay in bed so I wasn't to disappointed. Teresa came by and finished up some more decorations and made this killer casserole out of tater tots, chorizo, green chilies, Cheese and eggs, It was killer. Bill came by to take a look at the lift and see if he could fix it, he tried a couple of things and hopefully get the job. For the first time I think it actually stopped working while Bill was here so he could see what I was talking about. Heather came by and cook some food and fed me dinner and I just relaxed the rest of the evening and watch movies. Is it just my imagination or am I writing less and uploading more pictures?

1 comment:

betty said...

I like your Halloween decorations, Tammie. Everything looks appropriately spooky! That campsite looked like a nice place to visit and explore! I think you are writing/uploading pictures about 50/50, whatever you write or show in pictures is always enjoyable to read or see.