Sunday, August 18, 2013

We are getting back up in the 70s…

Monday was a good day although I stayed in bed, I could see that it looked nice outside. I slept most of the day, that felt great, I just watched TiVo the rest of the day. I watch the original Jaws movie with Seth, it's a really good movie and worth repeating. I think it's shark week?

Tuesday was a great day. I got up and Kelly and I decided to take Google class to Carmel and explore. We got to Carmel and there was something major going on, it looked like a car show or something. There was no place to park and pretty much don't place to roll around so we decided to head on to Monterey, there were pretty close so why not? The weather was just beautiful and I did get some great pictures with Google class. We were looking for a restaurant that Heather took Theresa and I when we went to the aquarium but we couldn't find it so we went to one that we found last year called C restaurant, they have really good food there and a great view.  We decided to go into Starbucks and get some coffee before we came back home. For some reason coffee always puts me to sleep. I have a cup in the morning and then I can barely keep my eyes open, I want to try it at night but I'm afraid the caffeine might kick in and I will be awake all night… Not that I sleep right now anyway. We headed back and Teresa put me to bed and now I'm trying to sleep at 12:37 AM.











Wednesday went by really fast. We did some personal care and I got to take a nice long hot bath and I just decided to go back to bed. Lee and Claudia, my uncle and aunt and my mom and I played cards… I lost four dollars.

 Thursday was a super hot day. I got up and took Robby for a cruise through the lagoon, to the end of the wharf and back and down to Dominican rehab where I had three appointments. The first one was hand therapy because my fingers are starting to straighten out, I just had an operation to tighten them up so they would curl. The therapist fixed my brace and told me that I could wear it for a while during the night but she didn't think it would do any good, my fingers swell so much that they just straighten out. She suggested I go back to the surgeon and talk with him but in her opinion there was nothing that can be done except another operation, no more operations for me. My second appointment I thought was edema therapy I thought so I didn't bring anybody with me but as it turned out it was supposed to be physical therapy for my leg, since my flap surgery my leg is turning out. She just did an evaluation and we will go back next Thursday to see if there's anything can be done for that… I think I'm just getting old. My third appointment was at Hanger prosthetics to make sure the front of my hard brace fits, I am really happy with it and I think it's going to work out great. Teresa met me at hangar and we picked up some noodles from Charlie Hong Kong on the way back, we ate the noodles and then she put me to bed.

Friday was even harder than Thursday. I got up and took Robby for cruise to the end of the wharf because that's where it's usually the coolest. I started to take him up to Westcliff Drive for a cruise but I was afraid the pavement was too hot for his feet so we went back down to the wharf. It was just getting too hot so I decided to come home, I was supposed to meet Teresa at Surfrider's for sliders and sweet potato fries but we decided to just have her bring it to my house where it's cooler. I love their bacon and Gorgonzola sliders with sweet potato fries. Teresa put me to bed and we did some personal care.

Saturday I got up and Tom and I decided to go down to the wharf and check out the Polynesian Festival but when we got down there we found out it was tomorrow, I guess we'll try again tomorrow. We went downtown and got some coffee and hung out for a while and then came back and Kelly went with us to the tannery, they had some art exhibits so he decided to check them out. The first one was pretty cool, a bunch of really unique baskets and a painting/photography exhibit… Really awesome stuff. The guy said that it was a trial and if they had a lot of people show up they would do it more often, I hope they do it more often. The second building was a pop-up part exhibit, Robby and I cruised in and is really old mean looking dog came up to lobby with his ears back and his head down so we decided to wait outside. The lady said that the dog was okay and she would put them in her car but I hate to see a dog stuck in a car. We went outside and talk to some kids for a little bit and checked out the apartment complex on the other side of the walkway, the apartment complex was for artistic people… There are some really talented people there. We cruised around downtown to try to find out where the drum circle was but I think we missed it, at least now we know where it's at for next time. We came back and Rosa came and put me to bed and fit me the rest of my sliders and sweet potato fries. Lee and Claudia, my uncle and aunt and my mom and I played cribbage… Once again I lost four dollars.







 Sunday I just decided to stay in bed. Kelly brought me some coffee, and oatmeal peanut butter bar in our green drink. Kelly has been making the screen drag out of kale, ginger, turmeric… It doesn't taste bad that I really miss it when I don't have it, it's really good for you and it makes you feel great. I watched a lot of TiVo and slept a little and Robby got a bath, he REALLY needed it… After that he just laid in the sun and enjoyed it. I found some pictures of a project I had done on my fence outside and I just love it, we drilled holes in the fence and put marbles in them. Kelly made homemade tomato soup from the tomatoes and my aunt's garden, it was KILLER. I had tomato soup and a grilled cheese sandwich for dinner, I can't remember the last time I had that… it was great. Rosa came by and we did some personal care and I got to have a nice long hot bath, it feels so great. Robby and I both got a bath today so my room smells really good, I hope I can sleep.





1 comment:

betty said...

Again, Tammie, all your pictures are so good!! You are indeed a pro with the Google Glass! We had a few days of hot weather Friday and Saturday, but we are back to the cooler weather we have had this summer compared to last one; it is kind of refreshing though. Koda needs a bath, thanks for the reminder in reading about Robby's one :)

betty