Monday, August 12, 2013

The weather is getting nicer and the days are getting fuller…

Monday was a great day. I got a nice long hot bath and Robby is feeling better. Tom, Kelly and I went to the succulent gardens by Moss Landing to check it out because I heard it was the biggest place around… It was HUMONGOUS. Of course Monday is the only day that they are closed but we did get to look around and I took some pictures of some of the plants I liked with Google glass, I'm still amazed every time I am able to take a picture myself. We stopped by to say hello to my uncle and got to see him in brand-new jeans and jacket, usually he is covered with paint and who knows what else. We came back and Rosa put me to bed and I got to relax the rest of the evening. It is so great to see Robby back to his old self.

Tuesday was a good day. I had an appointment with a urologist, first time I have seen one in many years. She was kind of surprised that I haven't seen one since I have a supra pubic tube, I guess there are a couple of tests that you're supposed to have inherently if you have one. She stuck the scope in my bladder to look around and see if there was any problems, thank God there wasn't. She put it on the TV screen so I can see what the inside of my bladder looks like. I am one of our test but I need to go to the hospital for that. On the way back we decided to stop by Charlie Hong Kong's and get some noodles, I had my usual pad Thai noodles with garlic tofu and prawns. Last time we were there Teresa ordered this killer coconut soup so we ordered it again. We came home and Teresa for me to bed and then went home to rest, it was really nice to go to bed a little early and have the rest of the day to sleep but now here it is 11:20 PM and I'm wide awake.

Wednesday was a great day. I got up and took Robby for a cruise through the lagoon, up through the Bay St., Park, down to the end of the wharf and back and home. I didn't want to wear him out too much. We came home and rested and then Kelly and I went to the Farmer's market, mostly to get something to eat but we did come back with a lot of stuff. Kelly has been making these great drinks every morning and I thought they would be gross but I am actually starting to crave them, they don't taste as bad as you would think they would. At the farmers market we had brown rice with kimchi and a fried egg on top, it was so good. When we got down to the bottom we noticed it was on a tortilla. I came home and rested again and then Rosa put me to bed. My uncle and my aunt came over to play cribbage, my uncle was my partner and we won two dollars. I have left halfway through the game's so Kelly filled in for her. I got an email from the guy that did the email interview from Mashable letting me know that my interview was published so I sent it to everyone I know…
This one from the Washington Post came out a couple hours later…

Thursday was such a great day. I got up and out of here early so that Adela could clean my room, she is wonderful. I hung around outside and talked to Tom and Kelly for a while and then Julie showed up with Kona, about three years ago when I had a major pressure sore Julie was one of the visiting nurses that came to my home. After that I started going to a yoga class and they kept trying to take me out of my chair and put me on the floor so I was telling Julie about it and she said that she would go with me and try to explain to them why it's not a good idea to try to take me out of my chair, I thought that was so nice of her. And they're just not going to be give a class anymore because I just wouldn't give up but Julie I kept in touch over the years Through Facebook and running into each other at the hospital. She sent me a message and said that she had adopted a two-year-old chocolate lab and she wanted to introduce her to Robby, she also wanted to see neary lagoon because I talk about it so much. We had a really great time catching up and the puppies played and got along really great. We came back and talked for a little bit and they left because they were exhausted, I bet the puppy's sleep really good tonight. Tom has been trying to help me find a contractor to do some work that I wanted to do around my home. He got a hold of one, the same one that had helped me before, and she came out to take a look and give me a bid. I got an email from the lady in charge of public relations for Google class and she said that ABC and NBC in San Francisco would like to come down to Santa Cruz and talk to me, this is getting really exciting. I really think that they are starting to realize how great Google glass is for people with different abilities, it is so wonderful to finally be able to do all the things that everybody else takes for granted. Teresa came and we did some personal care and here I am, wide-awake at 12:20 AM.

Friday was a really good day. I took Robby for a long cruise through the lagoon, up through Bay street park, down to the end of the wharf that back… Twice. I came home and rested for a while and then Kelly made some grilled pizzas. The first one was sautéed mushrooms and blue cheese, the second one was broccolini,Bacon and mozzarella, the third one was pepperoni and mozzarella and the fourth one was grilled tomatoes, avocado and ricotta cheese… Needless to say they were incredible. She also made the Kale salad that was killer. Teresa came and put me to bed at ate way too much.

 Saturday was a really great day. I got up and Kelly and I decided to go around and look at yard sales to try to find things like wheelbarrow's etc. to plant succulents in. We didn't find a lot of yard sales but we did cruise around and look at different yards and got a lot of really cool ideas. Unfortunately I didn't get to take pictures of them with Google glass because it wasn't plugged in all the way last night and it didn't get charged, I'm hoping it's not a technical problem. We plugged in and when I got home and I will know tomorrow. We cruised over to the sausage place and got sausages, salami and prosciutto for a barbecue tomorrow and then we cruised over to new leaf and got some cowgirl cheese. My brother Stanley, Janet, Corinne and a friend of hers came over for the day. I got to visit with them for a little while and then they went back to the beach and I went to bed, by the time Rosa was done putting me to bed they were gone.

Sunday was another great day. I got up and took lobby for our regular cruise although we had to take a detour and find another way around because there was some kind of race going on around here and EVERYTHING was blocked off. I came back home and rested for a bit and Kelly and I decided to cruise around up by the circle church again to take some pictures of some cool yards since my Google glass was working today, they are some really awesome yards of there. As we were cruising along I heard a voice say "what are you doing in my neighborhood" it was Kathi, the visiting nurse that came to see me when I had pressure sores. It was a really nice surprise and she lived right around the corner so she gave Kelly and I a tour of her house, it is so big and beautiful. The lots are so huge it up there and really close to Westcliff Drive. We cruised home and had a sausage, cured meat, cowgirl cheese and kale salad dinner on the back porch. Uncle Dick and aunt Kathy as well as my mom came down to join Tom, Kelly and I. The concrete guy came today to measure for the patio extension, I'm so excited it's finally going to get done… Thanks to Tom. Rosa came and put me to bed and we did some personal care and I got a nice long hot bath, life is good.

1 comment:

sunset said...

I read the article in the Washington Post, Tammie; How neat! Exciting too about you possibly being contacted by more news stations about it. Certainly a much needed thing that Google Glass is! I am glad to hear Robbie is feeling better!