Monday, July 22, 2013

It's always really nice when family is visiting…

Monday was a pretty good day, kind of cold but always nice to be out and about. Robby and I took our regular cruise around Santa Cruz, came back and rested for a bit and did it again. I love Mondays because all of the over the hill people go home and it's easier to cruise around. I don't blame them because this is an awesome place to be but the week is I just ridiculous. Rosa came to put me to bed and just as I was getting ready to undress my cousin Kelly and her husband showed up, they stay here for several months out of the year. I wanted to go and say hello before Rosa put me to bed, it was really great to see them. Rosa made me one of her killer salads and I had some meatloaf and some greens. And there came by to cook and it smelled really amazing, she made pulled pork, mustard chicken and a bunch of other really good stuff… It smelled wonderful in here. I visited with Tom and Kelly for a while, I thought I was tired but I had a really miserable night and didn't sleep at all. I think I must be going through menopause because I can't seem to do anything to call my body down, I turn the air conditioner way down, turn the fan on high and opened the window but it just doesn't stop.

Tuesday was a great day. I thought it was going to be cold an overcast and it was overcast but thankfully not cold. I took Robby out for a cruise through the lagoon and apps to the White House and then remembered that I had to call Vicky back at ATG rehab to confirm an appointment that I already confirmed last week, I certainly didn't want to lose it so I called her back. I rested for a while and then Tom came down and we decided to go over to the boardwalk to see the Street dancers called jump city… They were very entertaining and extremely easy to watch. We came back and Teresa was here to put me to bed. I bought a barbecue/smoker and I could hear Tom outside putting it together, I can't wait to try that puppy out. I had some of them pulled pork that Heather made and some roasted vegetables. As we were leaving to go to the boardwalk Jill showed up with some coffee, she works at Pete's coffee downtown and I ran into her and her mother the other day and she was telling me about this nuclear coffee that she tried and said she was gone and bring some by. She told me that a bunch of girls from Loma Prieta get together every year and they should never getting together in August and asked me if I would like to be included, all the name sounded familiar and was really excited. I told them they were welcome to use my backyard. We also ran into Lexi on our way back, she was going to work. She got a job at the Boardwalk.

Wednesday was another great day, keep him coming. I didn't get to have a bath last night so Karen offered to give me one this morning, I was so excited… I just love a nice long hot bath. I got up, put on my Google glass and went for a cruise through the lagoon and up along Westcliff Drive, the weather was perfect and it was such a beautiful day. On my way back Tom texted me and asked me if I wanted to go for a sandwich, of course I do. I met him by 711 and as we were walking to the sandwich place I mentioned that I had just bought a bunch of sandwich stuff so we turned around and came home to make sandwiches to eat on the porch.  We stopped by to see the progress on my uncle and aunt front steps, it looks awesome. My mom came down and we started talking and just forgot to go out on the porch, Tom can really make a mean sandwich. I had chicken, salami, roast beef, provolone and Havarti cheese… And of course avocado. Lee and Claudia, my uncle and aunt and my mom and I played cribbage… Lee was my partner and I think we doubled our money. We usually start out with five dollars and end up playing before the money runs out, usually about three games. Kelley came home and brought some plantain flan, I had never had it before and it was really good.

Thursday was another perfect day, it's always so nice to have relatives around. Jack came from ATG to put a new back on my chair with laterals, he did a really good job and it was great to drive around and not be thrown back and forth by the bumpy roads. He also raised my left arm rest… It is just a really comfortable right now. I took Robby for a short cruise through the lagoon and up through the Lagoon Park. It was getting late so I came home and rested for a bit and Kelly made me some killer pork tacos. Rosa came and put me to bed and we did some personal care and I just relaxed the rest of the evening.

Friday was a nice relaxing day. I had a massage, a nice long hot bath and went back to bed. I watched a couple of movies, one because Ryan gosling was in it and it was awful. The other one am going to watch again because I wasn't paying attention. Lexi and seth came over and watched 21 and over and spring breakers, I liked 21 and over and I also like spring breakers but wish that I didn't watch it with Lexi had seth… Lots of graphic nudity.

Saturday was a really great day. I got up and took Robby for a cruise through the lagoon, as I was cruising through the lagoon I saw the mountain lion run and catch something in its mouth and then run up the hill. I thought I was seeing things until I saw feathers all over the place when I went up the hill, I had never seen one that close before and it was pretty small. I went down to the lighthouse and then cruised down to the wharf, today was the 21st annual day on the beach so I wanted to go check it out, with Google glass, before got too crowded. It was pretty deserted and they were still setting up so I was perfect. I ran into a couple of people that I knew from Dominican rehab and I even saw foster Anderson, the guy who put the whole thing together. It is an amazing event. I went down to the boardwalk to see the Sobe 3-D mural somebody painted in front of the entrance. I wanted to get Robby's picture on it. I was too shy to ask anyone to  so I cruised to the end of the boardwalk and  back and on the way out one of the ladies asked me if I would like to get my picture taken on the mural, I told her no but I would like to get a picture of my dog so she took Robby and set him in place and they took a picture. I was cruising back towards home to rest for a bit and I ran into Tom, Kelly and their friends near the wharf. I was telling them about the mural so they wanted to go check it out and get their picture taken on it. There was also another 3-D mural down by the carousel, I'm not sure if that one was new or not I went and took pictures by that also. Their friends had to leave but we went back down to the day on the beach and got a couple more pictures with Google glass And I got T-shirt. We decided to take a ride down Highway 1 to pigeon point lighthouse, last time I was there year before last they were redoing everything and their still working on it but a couple more buildings were open… It was so beautiful there. We came back home and Rosa put me to bed and Seth came over and we just relaxed and visited for the rest of the evening.

Sunday looked like a beautiful day although I am just up staying in bed because my morning caregiver called in sick… Not happy. At least I had Tom and Kelly to keep me company for most of the day. When I get stuck in bed I just want to sleep all day. Kelly made some killer grilled pizzas, one with a tired sausage and mozzarella cheese and one with fresh tomatoes, avocado and cilantro… Needless to say they were killer. Rosa came by and we did some personal care and I got to take a nice long hot bath so I will be ready to get up and out of your tomorrow.

1 comment:

sunset said...

I like that mural, Tammie. Cute with Robby's picture with it too! Sounds like it was a good week with your relatives in town!